Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #90 Thread #91 Thread #92 Thread #93 Thread #94 Thread #95 Thread #96 Thread #97 Thread #98 Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot to discuss in the Delphi case with all the very big developments.

We have a very strong rule on Websleuths. Do not ask someone to PM you on a discussion thread. Why? You saw what happens on this thread. The thread was almost taken over by people saying "PM ME PM ME". We couldn't keep up with removing the posts.
If you want someone to PM you then what you do is you PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM FIRST and ask them whatever.

You do not stop the whole discussion and ask someone to PM you.

We will be giving long time-outs to anyone who says they have the information they can only share in PM's or words to that effect.

We call that "baiting" and it makes me crazy. It is so frustrating to try and get things under control when someone recklessly posts a cryptic post creating a frenzy of posts asking to be PM'd.
Please be mindful of our rules.
Thank you,
Tricia

I think if I were the killer I would have at the very least removed and destroyed the card from the phone. No way would I have taken any part of the phone with me but I would have made an attempt to destroy it. I'm sure he was watching them take pictures on the bridge before he approached them.

Since LE never described the vehicle when asking for the public's help in identifying it, LE either knows the make, model and color or they don't. Maybe they know only one of those. The fact that information on this vehicle has not been solicited again leads me to believe they know that info now. If it is the killer's car, LE knows. JMO

My take on asking for info on the vehicle is LE needs at least one more eyewitness account of a vehicle at the CPS building, even if it's a vague description.

JMO

-FD

(I think people just get hopeless because all links lead nowhere.

There was hope after the presser, then it gave way to anxiety, and now, to hopelessness. And yet one feels that the thread has to continue.)

About the scarf - will you think I am totally off because today I thought that al-Amira, or Al-Ameera, an Islamic two-piece veil, could be used by BG?

It has two parts, a skullcap (one may wear a regular hat on top) - this would catch any hair that can inadvertently fall off from the head (not everyone can afford shaving off the head like JP did). And the lower part looks like a scarf and can be pulled on and off the face.

They are sold everywhere, including Amazon. Come in all colors, too.

From the video, it looked like the scarf was wound tightly over the face. Yet witnesses mentioned seeing the scarf? I think that he had on a somewhat versatile kind of garb, that could be pulled on and off the face.
Yes. I believe they are called balaclava's. I also think it has a distinctive skull design such as the marvel character the punisher or the overwatch video game the reaper. Jmo

Yes. I believe they are called balaclava's. I also think it has a distinctive skull design such as the marvel character the punisher or the overwatch video game the reaper. Jmo
Balaclavas (coming from a geographic name in Crimea and a war of XIX century) is different in that you can pull it off the head only in one piece. It is also very noticeable. Also, taking it off would lead to loss of several hairs.
What I am talking about, Al-Amira, is a very tight skull cap, easily comcealable under any hat, and a scarf draping the face that can be also pulled on the face to cover it.

It is meant to cover the hair and possibly, the face of a woman. It gives the opportunity to open the face off.

In the BG’s guy, the situation is the opposite. With the hat and the parka on top of it, it looks like the regular scarf, if somewhat over draped. If BG wants to conceal the lower part of the face from the witnesses or victims, he pulls it over his mouth and nose.

Why I think it might have been Al-Amira? Grainy as the video was, it seemed to me that his face was covered with a slim, elastic scarf. These headdresses are usually slim, elastic and versatile.

BBM.

Yes, good questions.

Re: the first question, I think it’s possible that they thought he was just “weird”. Probably my strongest theory at this point- they weren’t scared but they thought he was odd. It’s definitely possible they were very scared by him, but I just don’t think that’s a given.

I’m also actually still considering it a (not super likely but) possibility that he was captured in the video inadvertently. I could see a situation in which Libby was taking a selfie video and the camera was wobbling and she got him in the frame (a reporter at one point claimed and demonstrated that Libby was holding phone in selfie video orientation- not sure if that can be considered fact.). But either way- selfie or straight on, I think it’s possible he was just in the frame at some point. I don’t think it’s likely, but I consider it possible.

Re: second question, no I don’t think it’s likely they would have videoed a guy approaching that they were planning on meeting. I’ve read that batted around on here before- that perhaps Libby took out her camera bc the guy didn’t look like who she thought they were meeting. But I doubt that’s the case just because that doesn’t seem typical behavior.

I agree with you that the girls were likely on that side of the bridge for a while.

MOO.

If they were scared/not scared, they could have videoed him directly on FB. Made a post. They didn’t. I wonder if it was a random video.

Am providing the MSM from 14 Feb 2017 that has Superintendent Briles statement about the girls that he gave to the school, for recapping, if necessary.

Students, teachers cope with tragic news in Delphi

Students, teachers cope with tragic news in Delphi

delphimiddleschool.jpg

Delphi schools superintendent (Wednesday Sunrise interview)
5436121868001_5527752102001_5527752944001-th.jpg

Delphi investigation School response
5436121868001_5527752115001_5527752947001-th.jpg

Delphi investigation Schools response
5436121868001_5527756587001_5527743418001-th.jpg

Full statement from Delphi Community Schools Supt. Gregory Briles:

"It is with heavy hearts that the school corporation day comes to an end. It is our understanding that the two bodies found today are believed to of our 2 missing Delphi Community Middle School students.

The Delphi Community School Corporation will continue operating on a regular schedule Wednesday February 15, 2017. We will be providing transportation to all students to and from school. We feel that in the best interest and safety of the students, a regular schedule is best. We will have the services of the local schools and their counselors available for the students and staff, as well as Local Grief Counselors, Wabash Valley Counseling Center Staff, Department of Child Services, Local Pastors and Ministers will be on hand to assist students through a very difficult situation.

The Delphi United Methodist Church will open their doors to the community for support this evening at 7 p.m.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to both families and those who are mourning the loss of these two young individuals as well as the individuals that spent the last 24 hours assisting in the search."

Last edited:
Balaclavas (coming from a geographic name in Crimea and a war of XIX century) is different in that you can pull it off the head only in one piece. It is also very noticeable. Also, taking it off would lead to loss of several hairs.
What I am talking about, Al-Amira, is a very tight skull cap, easily comcealable under any hat, and a scarf draping the face that can be also pulled on the face to cover it.

It is meant to cover the hair and possibly, the face of a woman. It gives the opportunity to open the face off.

In the BG’s guy, the situation is the opposite. With the hat and the parka on top of it, it looks like the regular scarf, if somewhat over draped. If BG wants to conceal the lower part of the face from the witnesses or victims, he pulls it over his mouth and nose.

Why I think it might have been Al-Amira? Grainy as the video was, it seemed to me that his face was covered with a slim, elastic scarf. These headdresses are usually slim, elastic and versatile.
I disagree with this. I believe it would have drawn more attention to him. They mentioned a scarf at one time, but it hasn’t been brought up again because I think the witnesses proved to be unreliable. Not deceptive, just unreliable.

Interesting items. 1000 searchers on the 13th. And LE did not bring in dogs due to that contamination of the area around the crime scene. So the massive number of searchers did affect the forensics.
Approx. 3500 tips since the April PC.
LE still wants to know about the vehicle parked at the CPS building. But they admit that it simply is an unaccounted for person and not necessarily the killer. LE seems to indicate they don't know the color, make, model or even the state the license plates were issued in. Just that there is this vague vehicle there around that afternoon.
LE wasn't expecting a crime so I wonder that if LE first arrived in the 6:00 approximate time frame if the trail users were mostly accounted for in the 1 PM to 6 PM time frame. We already know about the vehicle at the CPS building. But what if there are others LE is unaware of.
LE STILL won't comment on clearing POI's using the DNA at the scene. Maybe LE isn't sure if they have the killer's DNA?
The killer is local or semi-local. This is an apparent assumption on the part of LE. And it sounds pretty much like the same deduction some of us came to on here.
Riley also says that ISP weren't contacted till the next day. I thought they were contacted by CaCo and an Amber alert was denied by ISP on the 13th, so that cannot be correct if ISP weren't even contacted till the 14th.

Riley also says that ISP weren't contacted till the next day. I thought they were contacted by CaCo and an Amber alert was denied by ISP on the 13th, so that cannot be correct if ISP weren't even contacted till the 14th.
He drives me nuts with his recollection. If you listen he also says April as the month. I wish they had someone speak who had their facts straight.

I can't remember where I read or heard this, but I think Libby was trying to video without him noticing and so did quick pan with the phone instead of standing there being obvious. I think her radar was going off wildly and she knew how isolated they were. She probably had a feeling "something" was going to happen and wanted to be able to show someone the weird man. By the time she realized it was going to be something really awful, he had control of them. Gives me chills to think of how scared they must have been.

He drives me nuts with his recollection. If you listen he also says April as the month. I wish they had someone speak who had their facts straight.
Yes I heard that too. They do often mispeak, like the vehicle on the 14th when they meant the 13th. But that high number of searchers is incredible too. We heard dozens, then hundreds, now thousand (s). This was always my concern that the first night was completely disorganised, especially after LE stood down. Riley has now confirmed it.

It's so disheartening to be on Thread #111. On the other hand, it shows how much and how many people care about seeing this case solved and justice served for Abby and Libby.

That said, I wish I had the confidence that some of you have expressed in LE knowing who this is and needing just one small tip towards an arrest. But I don't. I really don't. I wouldn't say they are no closer to solving it than they were on Day 1, because hopefully they've eliminated some POIs, but this whole business with the sketches, the generic almost cliché FBI profiler language in the statements, etc, is hard to see as a sign of laser-focus knowledge of the perpetrator.

I also don't believe that the girls were lured there by any one pretending to be someone else, etc. Given that they recovered Libby's phone, by now they would have discovered and tracked down any electronic leads, even if she were using apps like Kik. Compare the case MacKenzie Lueck, in which she met up with her killer for presumably a date, they were able to track that down all very quickly. I really think this was an opportunitistic, random killer, and one who perhaps was not at all tech savvy or even owned a cell phone.

If he did have a phone, can't they use reverse pinging or tracking technology to check which cell phones were in the area during that time? Given the relatively low number of people in the area, and the fact that the crime happened in such a short time window, this to me indicates he probably did not have a phone. I hope that LE pursued this avenue though to find that out, and all cell phones in the vicinity have been tracked and accounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth