Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok bridgehunter.com lists it with all coordinates, as an abandoned place, etc.

Monon - Deer Creek High Bridge

And this is an old FB

Save Monon High Bridge

I think it will be interesting to talk to the people who wrote about it in the bridgehunter. Maybe there is a society, or someone was interested in it?

Also, on the FB page, there is a photo of two women and a teenager on that bridge. I am grasping at straws, but maybe the photo attracted the person?
That FB certainly wasn't getting many likes and shares in 2016 . 3 likes 1 share only in some instances.

The case didn’t come close to meeting the criteria for an Amber Alert.
It was just the lack of any vehicle details. CaCo did try to get an alert I believe - that's what they said anyway, that it was denied, so presumably ISP denied it.

Ironic really, they are now looking for a vehicle.

Last edited:
The hobbies you mentioned plus many more. Hunting, mushrooms, fishing, etc.

The problem is, how do you find those individuals, then investigate everyone that had an interest in the area?

It would be great if they could bring everyone in for an interview. I wish they could. Grill them one by one in a hot room with a clock ticking, and see who sh*ts their pants.

But they can’t.
Grill the mushroom hunters yes. :)

They should have
And if the whole Country/Countries wasn't watching! what would have happened then? The law is fully accountable and responsible for following their own procedures. Not FFS waking up in the morning and thinking lets start the search at 10 am after a good nights sleep. Like someone above said my dog is walked at the crack of dawn and if he was missing I would be out all night

Forgive my short reply it is not aimed at you. Complacency and assumption is a mixture of two very dangerous things LE should never be complacent nor should they assume anything. They are the people all over the World that most law abiding citizens trust in their time of need.

They shouldn't be slow they should be on the ball and use common sense and not jump to conclusions or assumptions.

The fact is if the Girls had a history of runaway tendencies then fine. Once again willing to be pointed in the right direction. This could be something LE know and we don't.

If the Girls didn't have runaway tendencies then the decision to call off the official search was Inappropriate, Naive, Complacent, Careless and Very Wrong and lacked anything but Common Sense.

Short reply got longer as fingers tapped away at the keyboard

MIngyMoo
and my dog has a history of
and maybe the guy who saw "a couple" under the bridge. no one else mentioned a couple being there, so what was it a couple of? a couple under the bridge at the time the murders were allegedly occurring? I don't necessarily believe the statements about the murders happening within minutes of the video. they won't release TOD which may mean they need info from the killer to nail it down. I mean, minutes is vague - 24 hours can be measured in minutes.
this is what I’m talking about. One guy who saw a couple arguing under the bridge. I think we can all deduct that there were only 3 people under that bridge that day. Do we know who said this? Are police in touch with him now? “A couple arguing?” He hung around long enough to hear something and deduce it to arguing? Did one of the girls run and the other scream and fight? This has bothered me since day one. Then at the April PC LE says “you never thought we would change our strategy.” Is this who they are referring to? Did the arguing couple come forward? MOO

I-69 billboard up to generate tips in Indiana double homicide

As billboards have been mentioned posting this article about a billboard in Flint Michigan. Thought it was interesting due to the fact Abbey spent summer holidays in Michigan. The comments of the Michigan cop are interesting too.

"We use that evidence as their voice, where before we weren't able to. Had this been 20 years ago, those girls may have not of had cell phones on them and that may be the only evidence that can bring justice to this case," said Michigan State Police Sgt. Liz Rich.

Rich works in the computer crimes unit and says they use evidence from cell phones in almost every type of case they handle."

Going to add some specifics in hopes it may answer some of those questions...

- Feb 15, 2017 LE released the image of who is now known as BG. Police do not call the man in the photo a suspect but say they would like to talk with him.

"Investigators want to talk with him about what he may have seen. They would also like to speak with anyone who was parked at High Bridge Trail Head on Feb. 13, between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m."

Police ask for assistance in identifying man seen walking on trail where Delphi teens went missing

- Feb 19, 2017 LE announce that the man in the photo released on February 15 was now a suspect.

"During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the person, in the distributed photo, is suspected of having participated in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German," said state police in a press release."

Also

"Sgt. Tony Slocum said the person pictured is “our suspect we are considering at this time" and police would like to arrest him."

ISP: Man in photo considered Delphi suspect

- Feb 22, 2017 LE release audio that was captured on Libby's phone. LE leave open possibility of other suspects and indicate uncertainty over whether or not the voice on the audio belongs to the man in the bridge photo.

"During the news conference. Sgt. Tony Slocum said the search continued for a man seen in a photo. Investigators revealed that the photo also came from Liberty German's phone. They said it's possible the voice in the recording is that of the man in the photo. They also acknowledged that it's possible more than one person may be involved."

Slain Delphi teen recorded audio, video of man wanted in homicide investigation, police say

- April 22, 2019 LE releases new sketch and says voice on audio is that of man in the photo.

"Please keep in mind that the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls" Carter said. "This is not two people speaking. Please listen to it very, very carefully."

ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer

I have seen no public explanation as to why the change in certainty/confidence that it is all the same individual.
I think, now they (LE) have to know, who it is. Otherwise they could have known better and earlier, whether the BG on bridge was the person, who spoke to the girls.

I haven’t read anyone mention the possibility of a “railfan” being in the area to check out the bridge. A “railfan” is a railroad enthusiast. Most are photographers who prefer to photograph moving trains but some are interested in railroad architecture and infrastructure. That abandoned bridge was pretty important in the early days of railroading.

I’m not saying that some railfan drove 200 miles to look at an abandoned bridge AND then murdered two girls. That would be a long shot. But since I don’t think Mr Blue Jacket had anything to do with the murders it might help to identify him by perusing the various railfan sites, especially those that feature architecture, and see if photos of the bridge shows up around that time.
Care to share WHY you think "Mr. Blue Jacket" had nothing to do with the murders? Just curious.

The bridge should be demolished it is in a shocking state of disrepair.
Not withstanding the sad events of 2017, I certainly think many people will have had enjoyable memorable times at the bridge. I personally think this should be up to the residents of Delphi. It is a part of their heritage and from what I can gather an historical landmark in the area. Hopefully the historical group will if they haven't already get the required funds to make it safe for those who use it. I must admit though in its current state from what I see online it really is in need of repair and is a H&S nightmare. Just my personal thoughts and if you are from Delphi I also respect your opinion.

MingyMoo

Haven't peeked in here in at least 3 months. Anything new or is it the same circle of rehashing the same things over and over and over and over? And over?
There's been a couple of possibles who now have their own threads. Nothing else much. Just waiting for the day and going over old stuff, just like LE are doing. Check back in another 3 months maybe?

Haven't peeked in here in at least 3 months. Anything new or is it the same circle of rehashing the same things over and over and over and over? And over?
I was of the same opinion however until very recently I can't help but notice there appears to be a different dynamic and way of discussing the case currently. May be I haven't participated for a while and just lurked.

MingyMoo

Not withstanding the sad events of 2017, I certainly think many people will have had enjoyable memorable times at the bridge. I personally think this should be up to the residents of Delphi. It is a part of their heritage and from what I can gather an historical landmark in the area. Hopefully the historical group will if they haven't already get the required funds to make it safe for those who use it. I must admit though in its current state from what I see online it really is in need of repair and is a H&S nightmare. Just my personal thoughts and if you are from Delphi I also respect your opinion.

MingyMoo
I'm pretty sure they are restoring it now they have funding and have been
given it by CSX ( who probably couldn't believe their luck at anyone wanting it.).

His twin brother?
Crikey @tresir2012 you really are coming up with some observations/thoughts etc that I hadn't even thought of. I don't know if you are being sarcastic, saying things in jest or pointing out the things no one else appears to have thought of . That's twice in two days you have brought up really salient points.

Cheers
MingyMoo

Rock Hobby and Caves, along with bridges and wildlife and old rail fans. While someone interested in these could possible have been there for their "hobbys" I just dont see it in Feb being the time to go searching these hobbies. JMO Mushroom hunting is very popular where I live also, but not in in Feb.
Caves? Gullies? Critters? Rock hunting? The kids in the area had to love exploring out there. Were there special hangouts? What was nearby the crime snd perhaps on other properties? Maybe spots one or both could've tried to hide out? Just asking. So much has been said if the terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dressie