Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #116

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
    The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19
    [​IMG]

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
    https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

link to post with all threads 1-99 (courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #84
    Thread
    THREAD #86
    THREAD #88
    THREAD #89
    THREAD #90
    Thread #91
    Thread #92
    Thread #93
    Thread #94
    Thread #95
    Thread #96
    Thread #97
    Thread #98
    Thread #99
    Thread #100
    Thread #101
    Thread #102
    Thread #103
    Thread #104
    Thread #105
    Thread #106
    Thread #107
    Thread #108

Thread #109 - Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109
    Thread #110 - Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110
    Thread #111 - Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111
    Thread #112 - Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #112
    Thread #113 - Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113
    Thread #114
    Thread #115

*Media Maps & Timelines*
    IMAGE Discussion Thread
    Scanner Thread
    Rules Etiquette & Information
    Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
    grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time. Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2019
    watcher9 and margarita25 like this.
  2. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

There is a lot to discuss in the Delphi case with all the very big developments.

We have a very strong rule on Websleuths. Do not ask someone to PM you on a discussion thread. Why? You saw what happens on this thread. The thread was almost taken over by people saying "PM ME PM ME". We couldn't keep up with removing the posts.
    If you want someone to PM you then what you do is you PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM FIRST and ask them whatever.

You do not stop the whole discussion and ask someone to PM you.

We will be giving long time-outs to anyone who says they have the information they can only share in PM's or words to that effect.

We call that "baiting" and it makes me crazy. It is so frustrating to try and get things under control when someone recklessly posts a cryptic post creating a frenzy of posts asking to be PM'd.
    Please be mindful of our rules.
    Thank you,
    Tricia

watcher9, PaulaDC and sloane7777 like this.
  3. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

The power would lie in trust. The person/people who lead others astray are usually the ones that are held in the highest degree for truth and honesty. So think of who we trust. Who would never let us down. Who teaches us we should do the right thing in life. Someone we hold to the highest level of perfection. That is the culprit.
    Moo

4. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

I just informed myself - well, there are opportunities .... :oops:

5. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Well, that depends on what is happening in this mother’s life.

What if it is her only child, or only remaining child?

What if he takes physical care of her?

What if dad has never been in picture?

I can think of tons of “what ifs”.

ACE422, DancingMuse, Ozoner and 2 others like this.
  6. Charlot123

First, it would be incredibly difficult for me to believe this was my child. I know the mom would recognize...i’d still try to find some self-deceiving explanations.

This mom might be a good person, and the thought that she gave birth to a horrible murderer would not be easy to digest.

7. Charlot123

Yes! This was my inner fear, I was afraid to post it....

8. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your kind words. She has a very long road ahead of her and her future is uncertain. I had no idea how dangerous chemo was and many of the awful side effects, but trying times can bring out the best in people and I'm so proud of her. Surgery won't take place for quite some time yet.

9. Charlot123

A politician could do it, of course, only they have bodyguards and it is technically almost impossible to be killers for them. They don’t have free time.

But what if it is someone rather the opposite - someone who is known as very nice, positive and supportive, a true role model?

It would be hard to throw such a person under a bus...

DancingMuse, JenniD and BNA like this.
  10. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

that's a reporter paraphrasing info and getting it wrong. The car was parked between the hours of 12-5 at the abandoned CPS building.

11. tresir2012

tresir2012 Oh! What a tangled web we weave....

Yes I do take what LE states as fact, as stated by WS and it is all we have. So you think they are wrong about BG being the murderer ? They have the video and recording and that is the last known person to be in contact with the girls and he has not come forward to say "that was me, I was hiking home to my gran's etc .....". They also have at least one witness who described who they saw and that sketch is the result. They will prove it when they catch him.

One could also say, the fact he has not come forward makes him guilty too. To BG, I would say, "if innocent, then come forward with your alibi and give a DNA sample to clear yourself."

12. tresir2012

No I didn't mean that. What LE state is a fact. We decide if they are correct and a jury makes the ultimate decision.

DancingMuse likes this.
  13. tresir2012

RSBM

One of my POIs is from the early days. He has been in jail for more than a year now though, so LE know where he is, at least.

DancingMuse likes this.
  14. JudgeJudi

I don't find it clear at all. They never said the new sketch is of the face of the man on the bridge.

"During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary as of today". ['Secondary' meaning less important or resulting from someone or something else that is primary]

"The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the (new) sketch … is the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls."

"The person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is not two different people speaking."

Old BG could still be the man on the bridge, the one who said, "Guys, down the hill", but "secondary" in that he was an accomplice, not the murderer. This makes sense to me as I believe the voice is not that of a very young man.

15. tresir2012

I'll have to find where they said what I quoted about the face of BG. They also said the man in the old sketch was no longer a POI.

ETA Here's the link.

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

"....found themselves issuing another clarification two days later.

On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person.

[​IMG]
    The new composite drawing released by officials on Monday, April 22 of the person suspected in the Delphi Murders.
    Composite by Indiana State police
    Riley also said Wednesday that the original sketch – released in the summer of 2017, showing a man with a goatee and a driving cap – is “not presently a person of interest in this investigation.”

According to an ISP release, the new sketch of the clean-shaven man “is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.” "

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  16. JudgeJudi

NASA took over the enhancement of the video. His image was actually very small in the video and by zooming in as much as was possible, this played havoc with the pixels. I believe the man in the video is the man on the bridge.

First sketch:
    “Police say the person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a while male between 5’6” to 5’10”, weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair. The eye color is unknown, but according to one witness, his eyes are not blue. Additionally, this sketch depicts a hat that may not be accurate”.

Two years later this morphed into "18 to 40 but may appear younger than his true age" and "more accurately depicts the face of the suspect" recorded on Libby's phone.

17. busymcmoody

busymcmoody Well-Known Member

"The video shows the suspect walking on the bridge. "

"The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch, which you will see shortly, IS the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls."

Unless LE is very sneaky (and wants to compromise their own investigation) it is very clear to me that the person on the bridge is the suspect and the person responsible for the girls' murder. But maybe I completely misunderstand.

18. JudgeJudi

Thank you, but I'm more confused than ever. Further down in the article it says:

"“Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed,” ISP’s release said, “it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22 more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.”

To my old and tired eyes, the new sketch bears no resemblance to the man in the video. If nothing else, look at the chins.

Video OBG.JPG OBG2.JPG NBG.JPG

goldie finch, ShHolmz, ACE422 and 8 others like this.
  19. JudgeJudi

"Police also said Monday that they were looking for information about a car parking in an abandoned CPS building parking lot, at 6931 W. 300 North in Delphi, between noon and 5 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2017. Police did not give details about make, model, color or other features of the car. The building has since been demolished.

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

20. Brazenkane

Brazenkane Member

Could police be describing bridge guy as younger than he appears due to drug/meth use? Drug use has a horrible way of ageing people

ACE422, DancingMuse and Blue Amethyst like this.