Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #116

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113 Thread #114 Thread #115

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot to discuss in the Delphi case with all the very big developments.

We have a very strong rule on Websleuths. Do not ask someone to PM you on a discussion thread. Why? You saw what happens on this thread. The thread was almost taken over by people saying "PM ME PM ME". We couldn't keep up with removing the posts.
If you want someone to PM you then what you do is you PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM FIRST and ask them whatever.

You do not stop the whole discussion and ask someone to PM you.

We will be giving long time-outs to anyone who says they have the information they can only share in PM's or words to that effect.

We call that "baiting" and it makes me crazy. It is so frustrating to try and get things under control when someone recklessly posts a cryptic post creating a frenzy of posts asking to be PM'd.
Please be mindful of our rules.
Thank you,
Tricia

A lot of people thought this case would be solved quickly. So, based on the April 22 presser, I would think LE has gone back to those first crucial 48 hours and even the first week or two of the investigation. Hence the NBG sketch which is really the original sketch from a few days after the murders. There were a couple of publicized searches in the first couple of weeks as well. Was LE closing in on someone/something in those early days??? Who would have 'the power' to completely steer an investigation away from a POI and possibly direct suspicion elsewhere?

Does anyone on here still have the same POI as they did in the early days or have you changed your mind several times over the past 2+ yrs?
The power would lie in trust. The person/people who lead others astray are usually the ones that are held in the highest degree for truth and honesty. So think of who we trust. Who would never let us down. Who teaches us we should do the right thing in life. Someone we hold to the highest level of perfection. That is the culprit.
Moo

A mother who is alive, and in no way aware of these murders, that would be one thing. A mother who is alive, and aware, and says nothing, that would be an entirely different matter.

I'd be interested, were I investigating the matter, in whether or not the suspected BG has family, who they are, and why they have not come forward......real interested.

I don't believe for a moment that this is a cold case. I think the ducks are lining up quite nicely. In this day and age, one must have one's ducks in a row prior to moving forward :)

Well, that depends on what is happening in this mother’s life.

What if it is her only child, or only remaining child?

What if he takes physical care of her?

What if dad has never been in picture?

I can think of tons of “what ifs”.

The mom question keeps coming up and last week I think someone asked something along the lines of if you were BG's mom, would you turn him in?

I'm a mom and I've been thinking it over. There is no easy answer to this because in your heart your child is your little baby that you nursed and bathed and changed and taught how to walk and guided through school and all of the things. Your baby always. That's who your child is in your heart. But at the same time they are their own person and sometimes people do bad things. Sometimes even good people do bad things and certainly bad people do bad things.

I want to say that I would turn my child in if they outright heinously murdered someone innocent. I might do it anonymously, I might do it openly, I am not sure, but I think that I would turn them in. Especially if I knew in my heart of hearts that it wasn't an accident or that it could happen again - I want to believe that I would be compelled to turn my child in. I would certainly struggle with it but in the end it is what I would want someone to do if it were the other way around and my child had been murdered. The golden rule and all.

I would still, of course, love my child forever and I think that is ok. You can still love your child and do the right thing even if it goes against every protective motherly instinct you have.

First, it would be incredibly difficult for me to believe this was my child. I know the mom would recognize...i’d still try to find some self-deceiving explanations.

This mom might be a good person, and the thought that she gave birth to a horrible murderer would not be easy to digest.

Dear JudgeJudi,

I join others in prayer for your daughter's full recovery and I share your strength and belief that your daughter will triumph over this.

Your precious daughter and all of your family are in my thoughts.

Thank you so much for your kind words. She has a very long road ahead of her and her future is uncertain. I had no idea how dangerous chemo was and many of the awful side effects, but trying times can bring out the best in people and I'm so proud of her. Surgery won't take place for quite some time yet.

Maybe a future Governor of State - who knows. People would perhaps vote for him, if he wouldn't be exposed as a multiple killer one day.

A politician could do it, of course, only they have bodyguards and it is technically almost impossible to be killers for them. They don’t have free time.

But what if it is someone rather the opposite - someone who is known as very nice, positive and supportive, a true role model?

It would be hard to throw such a person under a bus...

that's a reporter paraphrasing info and getting it wrong. The car was parked between the hours of 12-5 at the abandoned CPS building.

SBBM

Interesting: “about a car found abandoned”. So it was the car that was abandoned after-all. (DC was not referring to the CPS building being abandoned, as we had thought possible).

I think the difference is that you look at it as law enforcement stating a fact, while I look at it as law enforcement stating their strong opinion. I think law enforcement is wrong.

As for sketches, since no one has ever been able to identify the man in the video after over 2 1/2 years, I think that even if law enforcement did find the person and approached them and told them they were the man in the video, that person(or their lawyer) would turn around and say that it was not them. Then they would say, prove it.
Yes I do take what LE states as fact, as stated by WS and it is all we have. So you think they are wrong about BG being the murderer ? They have the video and recording and that is the last known person to be in contact with the girls and he has not come forward to say "that was me, I was hiking home to my gran's etc .....". They also have at least one witness who described who they saw and that sketch is the result. They will prove it when they catch him.

One could also say, the fact he has not come forward makes him guilty too. To BG, I would say, "if innocent, then come forward with your alibi and give a DNA sample to clear yourself."

Was LE closing in on someone/something in those early days??? Who would have 'the power' to completely steer an investigation away from a POI and possibly direct suspicion elsewhere?

Does anyone on here still have the same POI as they did in the early days or have you changed your mind several times over the past 2+ yrs?

RSBM

One of my POIs is from the early days. He has been in jail for more than a year now though, so LE know where he is, at least.

I'm pretty sure LE stated in the April press conference that the new sketch is the face of the guy on the bridge and that he is responsible for the murders. They cannot be clearer about this IMO.

I don't find it clear at all. They never said the new sketch is of the face of the man on the bridge.

"During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary as of today". ['Secondary' meaning less important or resulting from someone or something else that is primary]

"The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the (new) sketch … is the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls."

"The person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is not two different people speaking."

Old BG could still be the man on the bridge, the one who said, "Guys, down the hill", but "secondary" in that he was an accomplice, not the murderer. This makes sense to me as I believe the voice is not that of a very young man.

I don't find it clear at all. They never said the new sketch is of the face of the man on the bridge.

"During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary as of today". ['Secondary' meaning less important or resulting from someone or something else that is primary]

"The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the (new) sketch … is the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls."

"The person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is not two different people speaking."

Old BG could still be the man on the bridge, the one who said, "Guys, down the hill", but "secondary" in that he was an accomplice, not the murderer. This makes sense to me as I believe the voice is not that of a very young man.
I'll have to find where they said what I quoted about the face of BG. They also said the man in the old sketch was no longer a POI.

ETA Here's the link.

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

"....found themselves issuing another clarification two days later.

On Wednesday, police emphasized that a new sketch of a suspect’s face is not supposed to be a different take on a composite sketch of a heavier, older-looking man. They are, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley, not the same person.

529128ff-77dc-41e6-9701-9c290f44ef0b-handout.jpg

The new composite drawing released by officials on Monday, April 22 of the person suspected in the Delphi Murders.
Composite by Indiana State police
Riley also said Wednesday that the original sketch – released in the summer of 2017, showing a man with a goatee and a driving cap – is “not presently a person of interest in this investigation.”

According to an ISP release, the new sketch of the clean-shaven man “is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.” "

Last edited:
No one can state as fact that the man in the new sketch is the same man in the video. As far as I know law enforcement has never been able to enhance the video quality good enough to make that type of claim.

NASA took over the enhancement of the video. His image was actually very small in the video and by zooming in as much as was possible, this played havoc with the pixels. I believe the man in the video is the man on the bridge.

First sketch:
“Police say the person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a while male between 5’6” to 5’10”, weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair. The eye color is unknown, but according to one witness, his eyes are not blue. Additionally, this sketch depicts a hat that may not be accurate”.

Two years later this morphed into "18 to 40 but may appear younger than his true age" and "more accurately depicts the face of the suspect" recorded on Libby's phone.

"The video shows the suspect walking on the bridge. "

"The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch, which you will see shortly, IS the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls."

Unless LE is very sneaky (and wants to compromise their own investigation) it is very clear to me that the person on the bridge is the suspect and the person responsible for the girls' murder. But maybe I completely misunderstand.

Riley also said Wednesday that the original sketch – released in the summer of 2017, showing a man with a goatee and a driving cap – is “not presently a person of interest in this investigation.”

According to an ISP release, the new sketch of the clean-shaven man “is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge.” "

Thank you, but I'm more confused than ever. Further down in the article it says:

"“Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed,” ISP’s release said, “it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22 more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.”

To my old and tired eyes, the new sketch bears no resemblance to the man in the video. If nothing else, look at the chins.

Video OBG.JPG OBG2.JPG NBG.JPG

Or whether it is a car, truck, motorcycle or whatever. IDK why everybody simply defaults to it being a car.

"Police also said Monday that they were looking for information about a car parking in an abandoned CPS building parking lot, at 6931 W. 300 North in Delphi, between noon and 5 p.m. on Feb. 13, 2017. Police did not give details about make, model, color or other features of the car. The building has since been demolished.

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member