Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #119

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
    The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19
    [​IMG]

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
    https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

link to post with all threads 1-99 (courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #84
    Thread
    THREAD #86
    THREAD #88
    THREAD #89
    THREAD #90
    Thread #91
    Thread #92
    Thread #93
    Thread #94
    Thread #95
    Thread #96
    Thread #97
    Thread #98
    Thread #99
    Thread #100
    Thread #101
    Thread #102
    Thread #103
    Thread #104
    Thread #105
    Thread #106
    Thread #107
    Thread #108

Thread #109 - Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109
    Thread #110 - Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110
    Thread #111 - Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111
    Thread #112 - Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #112
    Thread #113 - Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113
    Thread #114
    Thread #115
    Thread #116
    Thread #117
    Thread #118

*Media Maps & Timelines*
    IMAGE Discussion Thread
    Scanner Thread
    Rules Etiquette & Information
    Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
    grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time. Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2019
    Vesta66S and watcher9 like this.

2. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

There is a lot to discuss in the Delphi case with all the very big developments.

We have a very strong rule on Websleuths. Do not ask someone to PM you on a discussion thread. Why? You saw what happens on this thread. The thread was almost taken over by people saying "PM ME PM ME". We couldn't keep up with removing the posts.
    If you want someone to PM you then what you do is you PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM FIRST and ask them whatever.

You do not stop the whole discussion and ask someone to PM you.

We will be giving long time-outs to anyone who says they have the information they can only share in PM's or words to that effect.

We call that "baiting" and it makes me crazy. It is so frustrating to try and get things under control when someone recklessly posts a cryptic post creating a frenzy of posts asking to be PM'd.
    Please be mindful of our rules.
    Thank you,
    Tricia

Ravenmoon and watcher9 like this.
  3. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

But DNA does not lie. Actually an unknown actual father might be the easier case - his kids with another woman might have no idea about their older sibling and hence have no reason to hide their genomes.

And as to adoption, we have so many “search angels” trained to find bio relatives. I have hope in these situations.

it is more difficult if the real dad is the perp’s neighbor. Then you might very well be suspecting a wrong family.

Tiger Stripes and HEY YOU! like this.
  4. BNA

BNA Well-Known Member

Campers hang food from trees as a precaution against bears. It is a chore to hang the ropes sometimes. Perhaps, in a spot frequently used by campers, they might leave the ropes in the trees.

5. Charlot123

If you looked at the 23@me map, they can predict what county your relatives came from. I hope they do better job with Britain/Germany than with my Russian/Ukrainian relatives, lol, but I suspect, they have a very good database on Western Europe.

I think that if the person is of your regular Anglo-German/Dutch/Irish stock, it is very possible to find relatives. Or at least it was easy through Gedmatch in 2017. Now, if DC sat on the DNAs they had till Gedmatch closed its base for LÊ, the situation might be very different now.

Churches in Europe? Great, my dad’s distant Finnish matches can check the church records dating back 500 years ago.

(Try, however, finding relatives in the country where churches were burned and archives mishandled, where relatives would abandon the children of an arrested brother, where people were sent to Siberia in 72 hours, where two wars and a revolution decimated the population. And even in such a situation there are amazing searchers who trace their lines up to 1600es.)

No, if the guy is of the regular US stock, given the baby boom and relative stability of the life here, close relatives should be found. It is much worse if the person is the first generation immigrant from the part of the world that is not much into genealogy.

6. Charlot123

What about the cook? The chef?
    They have white neckerchiefs. Either the guy is into cooking (restaurant or even Indiana Packers), or his close relative is.

JnRyan likes this.
  7. cryssyx3

cryssyx3 Active Member

do you know who Limbo's poi is?

Charlot123 and Blue Amethyst like this.
  8. cryssyx3

cryssyx3 Active Member

oh man, that would have been awesome. I remember my mom going ~25 years ago when we still had 3 rivers stadium in Pittsburgh. I got to see the Wall with Roger Waters ~6 years ago. at the top of the steps of the arena the plane buzzed over my head and crashed, it was awesome. grew up with a dad that kept DSOTM in the cassette deck!

sorry for being off topic.

Krwiley60 and HEY YOU! like this.
  9. almagata

almagata Well-Known Member

The automation of building family trees is improving. 23andme is beta testing a new tool that auto builds a tree based on the people you are related to in their database that have agreed to share their DNA with other users. The program builds a tree based on the percentage of DNA you share with people and it groups the people that share these DNA segments within the same branch of the tree.

What the program does not know is the names of the missing common ancestors.

The members of 23andme can add this relative name information based on their manual research of archives and documents to fill in the missing names.

In a very few number of years these DNA verified trees will have a solid foundation of historical names documented and searches done by Parabon forensic researchers will take very little time. My guess, would be five years or less.

23andMe Introduces the Automated Family Tree

10. I forgot, who he is?

11. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

DNA. What if two perps were involved, related? Might it be difficult to determine which one killed the girls?

12. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

It wouldn't matter; they'd both be charged with murder.
    -
    However, there's no evidence that there were two perps--none whatsoever--so you might as well ask, "What if Santa Claus did it and flew away in his sleigh?" After all, there's just as much evidence for that theory as there is for the theory that there were two perps.

Sheila Terranova, x_files and Seenit like this.
  13. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

What if is all we got my friend. Easy there, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder.

Stargazer34, Moonracer, rhino and 4 others like this.
  14. Torch Carrier

Torch Carrier Well-Known Member

Could it also be said that there is no evidence suggesting only one perp singly was involved?

15. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

The preacher that Libby had on her Twitter heading.

16. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

That's not correct. We have two sketches for one thing. And the first one has not been completely ruled out. There was also indication of more than one perp in early PC's. Also saying the person responsible rather than the person who committed the murder also suggests more than one perp. So your Santa suggestion is silly- but even Santa has helpers as everyone knows.

17. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

True Crime Investigations (AG) has a new you tube out regarding the perp in my signature case (Kirts) and a possible additional victim. Can't link it as it is not an allowed source.

18. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

Yes, I mentioned this here a few months back. You could spend thousands and thousands of hours building out the family tree by triangulating between really distant cousins and then reach a dead end because the child related to that paternal line does not "exist," having been raised as another man's child.

19. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

LE has created confusion with the two sketches, granted. However, it isn't true that there was an indication of two perps at the early PCs. It's disingenuous to say that there was. In response to queries, LE--who hadn't processed their evidence at that point--stated that they couldn't rule out the possibility of two perps. (Of course they couldn't; they weren't ready to rule anything out at that point.)

watcher9 likes this.
  20. Police reveal suspect in Delphi slayings
    DELPHI, Ind. —The man in the grainy photo released Wednesday by police is suspected of killing Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams on Feb. 13, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said Sunday afternoon.

The man is not in custody, he said.

Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum said review of the evidence leads investigators to believe that the man in the photo — at the very least — participated in the killing of German, 14, and Williams, 13.
    -.-.-
    Could be one perp, could be more perps, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.