Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #121

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

In one interview, maybe in the video linked a page or so back, DC also says he doesn't think the four girls who died in the Flora fire were killed intentionally. The fire may have been arson, but LE must have reason to think it wasn't set with murder in mind. JMO

watcher9, Blue Amethyst, BNA and 4 others like this.

2. No it's not

No it's not that simple

The interview (posted by bradfordsleuth yesterday), marker 9:50 ff

3. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

Thank you!

4. No it's not

No it's not that simple

You are welcome TL4S..

Regarding the Delphi case, here is another interesting 7 min clip promoting the HLN podcast. It includes Sheriff Tobe Leazenby's comment
    about "3-4 names":

5. No it's not

No it's not that simple

Remember the 25 - early- number of possible pois, down to 5, possibly down to 3-4 now..? Familial genealogy anyone..?

ALL IMO

-Nin

6. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

Nope, not better just luckier.

7. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

It's possible. However, if they're down to "3 to 4 names," that could just mean that there are 3 to 4 suspects that they haven't been able to clear. The actual perp might not be any one of the 3 to 4.

8. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

I'm just finally listening to part 6 of the podcast. Around the 21:00 mark, DC is talking about the searchers and said, "there was nothing compromised by them doing what they did."

ETA: DC also says (paraphrasing) while they have a bit more unreleased information about what happened between the end of the bridge and the cs, there's also a lot they don't know. When asked if it's the easiest solution, he says no, it's complex.

Add those statements to Holeman's statement about the reenactments being wrong, and my thoughts continue to move away from the simple scenario of "down the hill" at the end of the bridge, march them across the creek to a predetermined location, then kill them, all while L has her phone recording.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    NoSI, Stargazer34, watcher9 and 13 others like this.
  9. Cutiekitty

Cutiekitty Well-Known Member

100% agree.

10. JDough

JDough Well-Known Member

If I am not mistaken, in one of the on-camera interviews in the Abby and Libby case, LE (and I think (?) It was DC), indicated the Flora Fire was not a cold case. I remember a reporter asking if the cases may be be related? The response was that there was no evidence pointing to that. It was also mentioned that family members were not being cooperative in the Flora investigation.

I cannot find the video I am thinking of, so please consider this MOO. :)

11. Eclipsed

Eclipsed Active Member

IMO I think he was on the south side (end) waiting/watching. When they were close enough he started onto the bridge, southside (end), passed them, checked the bridge looking to the northside (start). Then turned, followed & "Guys...down the hill".

12. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

I don't firmly believe that "someone knows". In fact, at this point with almost 50K in tips ANYONE who had a strong enough suspicion - NOT necessarily know - has probably called it in. And if we consider the possibility this person is not in the county, but possibly in Lafayette, Indianapolis or even Chicago, no one around the killer has a clue. He could be in those 50K of tips, but with that many tips it is a needle in a haystack at this point. Three years later, I believe the statement that "someone knows" is blind optimism.

There are many who pay no attention to criminal cases unless it is right in their community. I spoke to someone the recently who had never heard of this case. They pull out their smart phone and after a few minutes they comment there is video, audio and sketches and the crime still isn't solved?

And the warning signs are likely there, but the vast majority of us are not attuned to them. We don't look for them, let alone associate them with a crime. I had to go in with a group of investigators and auditors to address an embezzlement to the entity's leader. This embezzler was not exactly small time having taken between low to mid six figures from the organization in two to three years. When the leader was presented with the evidence, he had some interesting comments. He said he always marveled at how this person could drive such an expensive vehicle with all the bells and whistles on a fraction of the salary that he himself was paid. He also noted that on the rare occasions this person did take off it seemed to be very expensive trips. And this person didn't have anyone assist him in the process as he did it all. All red flags of a person embezzling. They were all there in front of the person in charge and he and others ignored it. Someone outside the organization had even called in a tip that they suspected the embezzler of being a drug dealer due to the person's life style and LE said there was no sign of such activity.

I suspect that when this killer is caught those around him that saw any of the warning signs or resemblance to the sketch are only going to make note of those things in hind sight.

LE just needs that one piece of the puzzle, but after 3 years I don't believe it will be in the form of a tip. This killer has probably offended before, sexual assault, peeping tom, for example, if not murder. The evidence that could tie him to those may be given that much attention at this time. There are thousands of unprocessed rape kits across the country and he may be in one of them. And if that rape happens to be in Lafayette, Indianapolis or even Chicago, LE might take a big step in his direction.

13. IF he is a SK, who did killings before, then I think, it wasn't only more luck but intelligent planning and rigorous implementation - regrettable to certify that to him. MOO He will bask in it.

14. I agree, they will notice at the very end of it and only, if they are honest.Until then they won't believe, they have to look at their close surroundings. If the Delphi locals would already be shocked, when the killer is caught, the close ones can't think of him being the one searched for in Delphi, even if the sketch is resembling him at finest. MOO

I hope, LE will get important tips until they tell us, who it is.

15. Pavelsky

Pavelsky Well-Known Member

You would have thought that somebody would have recognized his photo from the clothes he was wearing at the time IMO.

16. Damarna

Damarna Well-Known Member

I
    I see different things. For some reason just now as I looked at the photo again I flashed on him looking down more than I originally envisioned wearing a baseball cap on backwards. Made my mind see a younger person. And of course that's what is stuck in my head now.....

17. curiousgene

curiousgene Well-Known Member

Read about the four girls, they look so adorable, happy kids in all the pictures. I cannot imagine how devastating this is for the mother and the family. It is an unimaginable tragedy and I hope that the person responsible for this is caught and made to pay for it.

18. Falcon500

Falcon500 Verified Law Enforcement Detective/L.E. Procedures

He may have a weekly update emailed to him from what’s left of his troopers left on the task force. Remember that the Carroll County Sheriffs Dept is the lead agency on this case.

19. Pavelsky

Pavelsky Well-Known Member

I always thought from the photo that it looked like a hat that had flaps on the side of it

Charlot123 and Marzipan like this.
  20. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

Given the high profile of the case I imagine he has to expect to update or, at least answer questions from, the governor or lieutenant governor. Yeah, a periodic update from Delphi is very likely.

Blue Amethyst likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.