Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #121

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am not mistaken, in one of the on-camera interviews in the Abby and Libby case, LE (and I think (?) It was DC), indicated the Flora Fire was not a cold case. I remember a reporter asking if the cases may be be related? The response was that there was no evidence pointing to that. It was also mentioned that family members were not being cooperative in the Flora investigation.

I cannot find the video I am thinking of, so please consider this MOO. :)
Around 6 and a half minutes in....I think this is what your referring to.

The whole interview is a very worthwhile listen for those interested in the Flora case.

Scroll to the 2nd video.

ISP on family of 4 girls killed in 2016 Flora house fire: ‘They’ve not offered themselves to sit down with us’

This is the same interview where Carter mentions that the 'vast majority' of family in the Delphi case have been cleared. (Around 19 minutes in.)

JMO

I

I see different things. For some reason just now as I looked at the photo again I flashed on him looking down more than I originally envisioned wearing a baseball cap on backwards. Made my mind see a younger person. And of course that's what is stuck in my head now.....

He does look younger, when the photo is processed, to make it less blurry, he looks older. So, I don't know.

Snipped
The origin and cause report was peer reviewed by the Indianapolis Fire Department, and they confirmed that it was arson.
Flora house fire that killed 4 sisters confirmed to be arson after IFD peer review
-
A few possibilities come to mind.
1) The house was divided into two apartments. The tenant of the other apartment might have been the target.
2) The girls had just participated in a cheerleading compdtition. That could have led to a grudge, especially if one of the girls outperformed a white girl whose parents were racists.
-
3) The four girls had four different fathers. Any one of those fathers might have wanted to avoid child support.
-
Is there a websleuths thread for the Flora fire?
-
At any rate, there's no evidence of a connection to this case aside from the fact that DC wants to solve both cases.

Snipped
The origin and cause report was peer reviewed by the Indianapolis Fire Department, and they confirmed that it was arson.
Flora house fire that killed 4 sisters confirmed to be arson after IFD peer review
-
A few possibilities come to mind.
1) The house was divided into two apartments. The tenant of the other apartment might have been the target.
2) The girls had just participated in a cheerleading compdtition. That could have led to a grudge, especially if one of the girls outperformed a white girl whose parents were racists.
-
3) The four girls had four different fathers. Any one of those fathers might have wanted to avoid child support.
-
Is there a websleuths thread for the Flora fire?
-
At any rate, there's no evidence of a connection to this case aside from the fact that DC wants to solve both cases.

Could the tenant of the other half, by any sheer coincidence, be Daniel Hite, the father of Logansport victims of 2018? Who died 3 hours after the fire?

I don’t think think BG is a SK and I don’t think this was intelligently planned. If I’m wrong and BG is a serial killer then I’d say it was his first time and he’s been really lucky to have gotten away with it for so long. I just don’t think BG is a criminal mastermind with superior intellect.
Kind of reminds me of the Jennifer Kesse case. The POI parked Jennifer's car somewhere else and is caught on surveillance footage. Unfortunately, the camera only took an image every so many seconds and every shot of the POI has his face hidden by a large fence post. He couldn't have planned that and likely didn't know about the camera. Lucky in every way imaginable. Yes, Abigail and Liberty's killer is very likely a VERY lucky and in no way is anyone of anywhere of above average intellect. If that.

Last edited:
Now I'm having problems with double posts.

He does look younger, when the photo is processed, to make it less blurry, he looks older. So, I don't know.

In the blurrier one he looks older (looks 30’s to me) and it also looks like he has a mustache. I think this is actually just a shadow. It looks like there is something on his head, but it doesn’t look like the hat in the first sketch at all to me. This is the still with his left leg bent.

He looks young in the cleared still with his right leg bent. All I see is hair, no mustache and a much younger face with chubby cheeks. I can not see a hat at all.

To me it does look like he’s got a bit of a dad bod in both stills. Not completely out of shape, but not ripped or thin either.

These stills are like the blue dress/white dress thing.

He may have a weekly update emailed to him from what’s left of his troopers left on the task force. Remember that the Carroll County Sheriffs Dept is the lead agency on this case.
I don't doubt that a regular written update/summary is set in stone for this. Yet, iirc, at least one person close to the case claims regular contact with DC.

Kind of reminds me of the Jennifer Kesse case. The POI parked Jennifer's car somewhere else and is caught on surveillance footage. Unfortunately, the camera only took an image every so many seconds and every shot of the POI has his face hidden by a large fence post. He couldn't have planned that and likely didn't know about the camera. Lucky in every way imaginable. Yes, Abigail and Liberty's killer is very likely a VERY lucky *** and in no way is anyone of anywhere of above average intellect. If that.

Had to google that case (Delphi is the first and only case I’ve followed outside ones in my immediate area) - very interesting and frustrating. That is another very lucky individual.

Hi everyone! First post but have been following the case and have been thinking a lot about something Kelsie said in an interview (maybe on the podcast but I’ve binged a lot of videos recently so I can’t be sure). Someone asked her if she was worried or scare and she said « No, if it is who we think I’m not worried. »

I also feel like LE has been blasé about their concern this person will strike again, which is weird because everything else we know about this case suggests a sick and deranged individual who could be a serial predator.

What reason could they have for being so sure this person won’t strike again, or do you think they are taunting him in the hopes he will reach out and engage somehow?

This has been bugging me all week.

My feeling - we should have the thread about the Flora fire. When all is said and done, we'll feel bad that we did not start it.

We have one about Delphi, one about Logansport, and nothing about Flora.

Really feels bad, you know? And this forum usually has pretty good coverage of all cases, including controversial ones. I always thought Websleuths was very good in terms of being sensitive and open, so.maybe Delphi simply obscured everything, but it is not right, and I doubt we'll get anything new until they make an arrest.

Hi everyone! First post but have been following the case and have been thinking a lot about something Kelsie said in an interview (maybe on the podcast but I’ve binged a lot of videos recently so I can’t be sure). Someone asked her if she was worried or scare and she said « No, if it is who we think I’m not worried. »

I also feel like LE has been blasé about their concern this person will strike again, which is weird because everything else we know about this case suggests a sick and deranged individual who could be a serial predator.

What reason could they have for being so sure this person won’t strike again, or do you think they are taunting him in the hopes he will reach out and engage somehow?

I recall her saying that, but I also don’t remember where I heard it. What an odd thing to say. Perhaps she mis-worded her response?

Id like to know when she said that. I didn’t hear it in any of the podcasts. I didn’t watch all the other news and other TV shows though. If she said and meant it, then they think it’s someone dead or in jail or otherwise incapacitated, right? I can’t think of another reason not to be worried.

Id like to know when she said that. I didn’t hear it in any of the podcasts. I didn’t watch all the other news and other TV shows though. If she said and meant it, then they think it’s someone dead or in jail or otherwise incapacitated, right? I can’t think of another reason not to be worried.
I’ll try to find it and post it, but it was really surprising how nonchalant she was, like she really had no fear.

In the rumor debunking video Kelsi stated that the girls were not all over town and the pings on multiple cell towers was due to the phone jumping between towers or cell tower strength issues. My question is if this was happening wouldn’t this strengthening/weakening of signal signal effect Snapchat’s post time? It does on my 2020 Snapchat.

The 2:07 time has always bugged me. Promise I’m not going on a Snapchat post time rant.

I think they all might have their own POIs, and she thinks that for whoever she suspects, it makes no sense to attack her, for whatever reason. At least this is how I understood it. MOO,

Disagree. There's a good reason insurance companies resist/delay payment for property damage from fires where arson is suspected.

That is just a general quibble.....not a comment on the instant case.

I worked in insurance so I understand that arson can be a tool used by a property owner.

In this case, however, the motive for an arson has been presented as intended to harm the family that lived in the home not as an insurance fraud situation, so that is what I based my comments on. If the home had damaged wiring which caused the fire, then the property owner is definitely looking at being sued. If some nameless, faceless evil arsonist caused the fire, the property owner is not responsible for that terrible act and is not likely to be sued.

Whenever you have a mass exodus of investigators when the media starts asking questions, you need to look deeper into the event. I would be looking at the relationships between the investigators and the property owner. Sure the independent review came back with an arson determination but it is still people that run in the same circles in the state.

I like this theory but just throwing another one out there. Not that I am sold on this reason but what if the girls bodies weren't there that night
I think Ives confirmed they were killed where they were found and we have also heard previously they were killed within minutes of the BG picture being taken, so by 3.30 p.m. IMO.

I’m very surprised that Carter makes himself available for all of these podcasts. It is a new area and there are really no guidelines to dictate who he talks to. He’s not the spokesperson for the state. They pay someone else to do that.
Who is the spokesman for the state and have we heard from him before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam