Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #125

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former prosecutor in unsolved Delphi murders of two teens says they had signature elements | Daily Mail Online

"Former prosecutor in unsolved Delphi murders of two teens says the killer left behind at least three 'signatures' at the 'odd' crime scene which had a 'lot of physical evidence' - as victim’s sister renews her appeal for justice."
Thanks for posting! I’m glad the media is still reporting in this case.

I found this comment very interesting:

Ives said: 'Even though at the crime scene there was a lot of physical evidence of one sort of another which would lead logically to one person or another, it never led to one particular person.'

What do y’all make of it?

Ives said: 'Even though at the crime scene there was a lot of physical evidence of one sort of another which would lead logically to one person or another, it never led to one particular person.'

He specified physical evidence; so if he's speaking in a prosecutorial sense that would be any and all things that establish that a crime has been committed or that links a crime to a particular victim or perpetrator. If he's speaking in a forensic sense, biological evidence (blood, saliva, semen, hair, DNA etc) would be a kind of subset of physical evidence. The things normally thought of as physical evidence in a forensic sense would be fingerprints, footprints, tire marks, fibers, trace amounts of paint, or anything brought to the crime scene such as bindings or weapons.

It sounds to me like he's saying there was more than one piece of evidence at the scene that logically would have linked the Delphi crime to the identity of a person, but for unknown reasons investigators were unable to make the connection to a particular person.

For example, if it was rope left behind used as bindings, then LE were never able to trace where it came from or who might have purchased it. If it was a fingerprint or partial fingerprint, it wasn't one that was in any database available to them. It sounds like there were multiple avenues to investigate but they were never able to narrow the suspect pools on enough of them.

If you are asking why facial recognition hasn’t been used to identify BG, I would imagine it’s because the image is so bad.

You know, it is bad, but the whole figure is there. I think if there were a way to go through cameras on typical public places, ATMs (I think it is important) in that county, airports, stadiums, anything full of people, they would find at least someone close.

If people are thinking of a truck driver, then, again, cameras at rest areas around Delphi.

There must be the way.

Likely, some alibis might be blown up.

I imagine, all the drivers, who passed a billboard in brisk ride, concentrated on the girls more than BG. That wouldn't have been helpful enough. Maybe, I am wrong. I'm not even a driver, only a passenger. MOO

Bingo! I understand that autobahns might be scary. However, you said interesting thing. You said that the driver had to drive one of the perps to Delphi...
And before, somewhere else?
What if, for some reason, YBG can not drive?
Is not allowed to? Is too nervous? Has/had a physical ailment preventing him from driving? The gait, still, maybe there is an issue with driving? Or something totally different (e.g., seizures?)
This could be another clue.

From what I understand, GH asked his subscribers to show him proof of a GK connection to RL before he would discuss or post anything about that. GH has done so. Aren't we allowed to discuss his videos? If I'm mistaken, I apologize to the mod.

GK has also been discussed in relation to the Delphi case on the Nicole Bowen thread

Personally, I don’t believe it is GK. Never did, never will. GK, however, looks very much like DN. I wonder if the perp has certain physical traits resembling both.

There's a thought that had not occurred to me in this case until now. And that may it.

What muddies the water for me is that LE had billboards all over the USA with the killer's picture from the video. Of course, now we have a new direction.

Unfortunately Liberty German's video only provided a general description of this person on the bridge. As long as there is no detailed information about the description I think LE has probably received thousands of tips in regards to either Liberty German's video, sketch #1, or sketch #2.

It gets back to human nature and how we perceive things. I look at Liberty German's video and see an older man who is overdressed for the trails that day. His clothing looks like someone who is a truck driver that goes to cold docks to get loaded. But this is also because I worked in freight logistics and my past experience probably plays in psychologically in how I view Liberty German's video.

Yes entirely possible. The one I supposed (not my only one) would be less of a repeat offender or serial killer senario and more of a one time rage filled act, substituting one know adult person you're angry with for two innocent young girls who happen to cross your path.

I think he is very angry, but not at the girls. At his life that he somehow has to bend. Pretend someone he is not.

In a way, angry with Delphi, Monticello, Logansport and all the spirits of these places.

Last edited:
You know, it is bad, but the whole figure is there. I think if there were a way to go through cameras on typical public places, ATMs (I think it is important) in that county, airports, stadiums, anything full of people, they would find at least someone close.

If people are thinking of a truck driver, then, again, cameras at rest areas around Delphi.

There must be the way.

Likely, some alibis might be blown up.

Bingo! I understand that autobahns might be scary. However, you said interesting thing. You said that the driver had to drive one of the perps to Delphi...
And before, somewhere else?
What if, for some reason, YBG can not drive?
Is not allowed to? Is too nervous? Has/had a physical ailment preventing him from driving? The gait, still, maybe there is an issue with driving? Or something totally different (e.g., seizures?)
This could be another clue.
Perhaps he only had a driver’s permit and wasn’t able to drive without an adult in the front seat?
I also wonder if the bridge area particularly where the crime scene was is a place know to local teenagers as a hang out there they go to smoke, make out etc, IMO

Perhaps he only had a driver’s permit and wasn’t able to drive without an adult in the front seat?
I also wonder if the bridge area particularly where the crime scene was is a place know to local teenagers as a hang out there they go to smoke, make out etc, IMO
I think the bridge area was a bit of a spot to go and meet up. The crime scene was on private property but it could have been a place to gather also but maybe years ago before the trail system was established? Not to say that kids don't gather on private property without permission, we all know it happens.

@Ravenmoon , I remember you mentioned that your poi liked theater. Could he like literature? Is he an educated man? I have another idea whom he might be copycatting, but for this, one has to like literature, and history, and tales.

Very possibly. And if it was the place to make out for teenagers, maybe, then, for adults, too? I was always thinking that a small place where everyone knows everyone is very cumbersome for affairs. Even a receptionist in a local motel is going to talk. The forest, on the other hand..,

Good point on the training acres being available on far larger bases and the possibility of SWAT type police training. But....

it is not the number of acres that could potentially interest the military regarding the nature center. Rather, it would be the rare type of rail way bridge. The fact that it is no longer in rail use could make it even more attractive as training would be less disruptive.

I don't think this possibility has been brought up before. And at this point, no possibility should be discounted.

As side note, most soldiers are not taught "woodsy" skills beyond a brief orientation in basic training. Rather, such skills are limited to Special Forces, light infantry, and to a lesser extent, mechanized infantry.

As to units using the nature center and bridge for training, such occasions are very rare (at least in the past). Rather, most units would use a simulated location on a military base.

An exception would be Special Forces units that truly need to practice on a specific type of terrain feature (say, a high railway bridge) with only the real thing being acceptable. As a result, Special Forces do use non military areas for training on occasion.

The training could be with the entire unit, or a "walk through" by officers and senior NCOs. I imagine, however, that if SF needs to train on a certain feature, they would train the entire unit. This would probably result in the nature center being closed for a day or two.

In short..... I would think the odds of the bridge being used for a SF training scenario would be low, but still very possible as there dont appear to be many such bridges around. Accordingly, the possibility should be "ran down".
I was Navy and not Army or Marine Corps. That said I grew up hunting in the woods of north LA and southern AR as well as central MO. My experience on joint exercises with the Army was entirely different. I was amazed at how much even the lower ranking enlisted infantry knew about making their way through woods and mountainous terrain. And some of these were folks from the big cities that had not been in these environments prior to joining the Army. Same with the Marines. One time I with an Army medical field unit and I saw the same thing. The soldiers and Marines I served with in joint exercises impressed me with their ability to move and fight in the field. Now Navy and Air Force, that was a different matter altogether. I saw senior enlist sailors and airmen who had no clue as to how deal with those environments. I was very involved in hunting growing up and I learned a lot from these younger soldiers. But that was just my personal experience in the field in joint exercises and others may have different experiences.

My interpretation -- the physical evidence is such that it can be linked to the suspect whenever they find him. Because the majority of violent crime is committed by someone known to the victim, LE likely assumed the evidence would link to someone close to the girls. Unfortunately, it hasn't implicated any of the usual suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48