Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #127

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think moving the bodies or disposing can change based on situation. Maybe if something about the location of the abduction or murder will lead more directly to the perp, he will move or try to hide the body/bodies, or if the location of the actual murder is a van or a home where obviously you cannot leave a corpse. but method of disposal can still be the same where the method of abduction/or victim location at the time is different. yet the body is still...

out in the open
rural
under leaves and branches or refuse.

maybe leaving the body out in the open is an escalation and provocation. mOO

Do you think it will be local or that he will travel to commit his next crime?
I don't believe this murderer is currently local. If he does travel to another area, then he has probably already been doing recon on other areas. And with many wearing masks I wouldn't be surprised if he has been to other areas.

However, if he has done this before or since he might not have committed such a high profile murder. That is, he might have selected a runaway teenager or the victim is simply listed as missing and hasn't been found. If that is the case and LE doesn't have enough information on the circumstances of such a disappearance they can't make the connection.

Following...

Regarding he source of the sketch: It was eyewitness account(s) and if LE had video o the perpetrator in any better resolution.. they'd definitely have used that already so LE probably has just the shaky video and muffled audio if and when she put it in her pocket.

Last edited:
I bet he thought he was real slick too...blending..getting away with it..his secret...his disguise, his hidden instruments and tools. ..oh yeah he was having quite a time for himself... it was all very exciting, it was all working out, he was successful and was satisfied with his ruse.

He's well hidden alright, he will also be on the prowl again. How about this..if we take the dates and find they are the reverse with Evansville, what would the next likely date be? Has it passed? Wonder if the police can find any patterns? Wonder why they don't warn the citizens of Delphi? This is the darkest and most sinister murder many have heard of in a long time.

it's very likely , like 99% that he will re-offend, so in my mind I don't think they really think this a local offender or they would be on him.

if they are on someone they ain't saying..but I just don't think so.

mOO
Evansville?

yes, we have a trail murder here that happened in broad daylight on Nov 2nd., off a trail in a park visited by the public on a normal afternoon. Strangled and beaten, while her family was nearby in the park. In case you didn't see it.

Woman Found Dead In Midlothian Meadows Forest Preserve Was Strangled

Midlothian is 2 hours away from Delphi

here is a link to the park where she was murdered.

Midlothian Meadows

here are photos of the park

Photos of Midlothian Meadows - Illinois | AllTrails

IMO I agree that there could be a connection, especially because we don't know much about the crime scene or COD in the Delphi case.

I think moving the bodies or disposing can change based on situation. Maybe if something about the location of the abduction or murder will lead more directly to the perp, he will move or try to hide the body/bodies, or if the location of the actual murder is a van or a home where obviously you cannot leave a corpse. but method of disposal can still be the same where the method of abduction/or victim location at the time is different. yet the body is still...

out in the open
rural
under leaves and branches or refuse.

maybe leaving the body out in the open is an escalation and provocation. mOO

Okay, so I think what you're saying is that maybe circumstances change or circumstances may be different than an offender may expect. Certainly we also know that for these criminals, unfortunately they do increase in skill/experience as they commit crimes and some do become better at what they do, thus changing their methodology (others may be one more sloppy).

Having said that, everything that the FBI has studied leads them to think that method of disposal 1. Strongly correlates to factors about the criminal that point to his identity, so much so that it's a major factor in case resolution; and 2. Correlates strongly enough to offender method that it can be used to analyze linkage between murders in a series. So for me I give a lot of weight to what the FBI teaches investigators in this respect.

Consider that most offenders of this type are relatively opportunistic in what they do. They travel through certain areas that are familiar to them and they've already considered who might be vulnerable, how they might take a victim for their purposes. Maybe they've fantasized about a victim of this particular age or this specific type, but when it comes down to it they often decide who to victimize based on the best opportunity to do it undetected.

So the exact age of victim, for example, may be somewhat out of the offender's control. But what he does with the body afterwards, that's usually something he has more time to consider, to actually weigh what would be more or less risky. And I think, based on my research - it's just my opinion - that most criminals don't decide what to do with the body randomly. Not all - but most will stick to what they know or what they've rationally decided makes the most sense. There might be slight variations but for serial offenders I believe there will usually be a pattern.

The good news is that when they do switch things up, perhaps for expedience, I feel like it sometimes leads to them finally being caught. When they change things about their M.O. it's usually not a "so what if this is different this time" situation, there's usually a reason and it often points to their identity.

yes, we have a trail murder here that happened in broad daylight on Nov 2nd., off a trail in a park visited by the public on a normal afternoon. Strangled and beaten, while her family was nearby in the park. In case you didn't see it.

Woman Found Dead In Midlothian Meadows Forest Preserve Was Strangled

Midlothian is 2 hours away from Delphi

here is a link to the park where she was murdered.

Midlothian Meadows

here are photos of the park

Photos of Midlothian Meadows - Illinois | AllTrails

COD = asphyxia due to ligature strangulation
They also said she was beaten, raped & burned.
Presumably burned to get rid of evidence.

I think his next crime is going to be a bit different. I think he was cut short on time with A&L and didn’t do exactly what he planned, either because Libby’s phone started ringing or there was more activity on the trails. My guess is he was still on the scene when Libby’s dad started looking and he had to leave earlier than planned. He’s not a genius but he won’t make that mistake again. Although I do think he was out looking for a victim that day and prepared for it, he will be more prepared next time. JMO

I am creeped out by nature trails...as much as I love them too...once I was with a a friend , two of us chicks in a nature park in Florida when I noticed a guy watching us and then he approached us. I didn't care if we looked a damm crazy fool! I grabbed her arm and whispered RUN~!!!!!!!!! we ran so fast back to the car...I was spooked..be careful of people who linger and watch for no reason. mOO

But his chin isn't visible at all, it? It looks like his parka is zipped or snapped up over his chin.
like I said ..its all in the eye of the beholder...I do see his face shape and his mouth and they don't go with the very long chin face shape we see in the sketch...but with the round heavy shape

Last edited:
I think his next crime is going to be a bit different. I think he was cut short on time with A&L and didn’t do exactly what he planned, either because Libby’s phone started ringing or there was more activity on the trails. My guess is he was still on the scene when Libby’s dad started looking and he had to leave earlier than planned. He’s not a genius but he won’t make that mistake again. Although I do think he was out looking for a victim that day and prepared for it, he will be more prepared next time. JMO
I can see that scenario. If that is the case, LE may not be able to make the connection.

Do you think it will be local or that he will travel to commit his next crime?

I think it’s possible he already has committed his next crime(s).

I also think it’s possible that if he has offended in his own jurisdiction, or fairly close, it is perhaps a different type of murder/MO, etc., perhaps a single, or older victim, or prostitute, some type of crime which people might not connect.

As for traveling, I think he could also be the type to travel to commit crimes, perhaps worked in within his occupation/work schedule.

So, both.

hmmm
personally and that's just a hunch ... this could be his last if not one and only....making his mark whether he intended it to be that way or not
( surely he didn't anticipate he would be recorded)
I feel he was aiming for some sort of fame ...so the scum that he is can live on it

hmmm
personally and that's just a hunch ... this could be his last if not one and only....making his mark whether he intended it to be that way or not
( surely he didn't anticipate he would be recorded)
I feel he was aiming for some sort of fame ...so the scum that he is can live on it

I don’t think this was his first or only crime, nor do I think it is last crime, jmo. Who knows though, right? We are pretty much A to Z on the board at this point in every regard, age, locale...

Personally I don’t think this was his first murder(s) or will be his last.
And I think he has been committing other crimes prior and now. I’ll bet sex crimes, maybe unreported.
Have we ever considered he’s a peeping Tom?

They’ll get him. I’m sure of it.

no way it's his last crime..I mean I wish it was but we need to remember recidivism and compulsion. most serial killers and rapists will continue to kill and rape until they cannot do it anymore or they are caught. BG is definitely not too old to commit more murders. He has proven to himself that even in a high risk situation he can still get away.

He may also know what they don't have on him and feel pretty sure they don't know who he is.

there is really no telling what BG may have done before or after Libby and Abby..with SK's you may never know unless you can get them to admit to their crimes. They have no intention of getting caught.

in some ways these broad daylight murders feel like thrill kills. Here's a guy that kills on a trail ...he doesn't grab a lone girl off the street and drive away, he doesn't break into a home and kidnap , he's not in a parking lot waiting for a lone girl or child. he hasn't trapped a sex worker in a car , or drugged a girl in a bar.

not to say that he won't do all of these things at some point.

mOO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members