Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #128

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98 (Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113 Thread #114 Thread #115 Thread #116 Thread #117 Thread #118 Thread #119 Thread #120 Thread #121 Thread #122 Thread #123
Thread #124 Thread #125 Thread #126 Thread #127

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video

Grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Some posts have been removed as off topic. Hopefully the following clarifies.

For those enquiring about the use of initials, reference is made in TOS under Name Calling and Derogatory Name Variations by simply stating "Initials may be used, and are encouraged".

There are rules and then there are policies. WS policy is to NOT use full names so that the names of innocent people are not forever etched in stone on a crime sleuthing website when they may have had nothing to do with the actual crime. It could also have potential legal ramifications that nobody needs. The policy has been that we can use full names for a victim and a POI/suspect who has been officially named by LE but for most others we use initials. It is a matter of discretion and WSers have been adhering to that policy for about 20 years now and it has served us well, so it is very possible for members to get used to it. If we can get to know members by their anonymous user IDs such as 1973Aplus8, surely we can get used to initials used throughout a specific case.

Example: One thread some of us are familiar with, a person not only self-identified, but also stated they knew they were a POI although LE had not named them as such. That highly qualified person subsequently reported they were having difficulty getting employment because their name was showing up to potential employers in google searches connected to discussion of a horrific murder.

This is Thread #123 for Abby and Libby and we've have done alright so far. If someone wants to complete the list of initials and abbreviations, please submit it to us via private message and we will include it in future Opening Posts. Otherwise, please stay on topic in this thread.

If you have questions, please do not discuss them on the thread so we don't derail the thread with off topic conversation. You may private message a Mod or Admin for clarification.

Thanks.

Hey everyone,

Other than a similarity to the Delphi sketch, there is no indication from LE that Martrell Weaver is considered a POI or suspect in the murders of Libby and Abby. We've been down this road before where there are similarities between sketches and other individuals but there ends up being no connection.

Please do not continue to discuss him unless/until we find out that LE is investigating him as a POI or suspect in relation to the Delphi case.

As usual, members may sleuth behind the scenes and discuss via private messaging where up to 20 members can be added to the private conversation. Just don't post your findings on this public thread.

If there is any change, we will review it if/when that happens.

Thanks.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is becoming rife with rumor posts and creating extra work for our Moderators in having to review and trying to determine what is known fact and what is rumor.

RUMORS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

If you can't link information to Websleuths approves sources, do NOT post it with "I read it somewhere" or "I'll find the link later ...".

This is Websleuths folks. Take time to do your homework. Please don't just throw stuff out there. Before you post something make doubly sure what you are stating is FACT as we know it from MSM, LE or another approved Websleuths source.

Thank you.

Continuing the topic from the most recent thread, other than more audio I concur the most valuable release would be greater info re the car at the CPS building. Something apparently shifted focus more toward local, based on where that car traveled on February 13th.

I'm kind of astonished none of the reporters or podcasters ever ask a string of questions to Carter or Leazenby or Riley toward whether or not Bridge Guy was ever filmed on a camera other than Libby's. Even at faraway distance that would include footage from the security camera across from the CPS building, depicting basics if not enough to conclusively identify the driver or car. The high profile missed opportunity was when the female host of "Down the Hill" asked Carter what percentage of events law enforcement was confident it understood. Carter provided a surprisingly candid and interesting response, saying 2/3...the beginning and end but not the middle. That should have automatically set off questions toward the beginning and end...the comings and goings. Somehow it did not, or at least not that we heard.

From the Freedom Bridge area, East Main Street leads directly into downtown Delphi. That road had by far the greatest potential for point to point security camera tracking, kind of like "See No Evil." I hope law enforcement was sharp enough to recognize and gather that type of evidence, although that may be doubtful given the lag to April 2019 before the car becomes a big deal.

From this satellite image you can see the basics of the layout near Freedom Bridge. The same exit from Hoosier Heartland Highway (State Road 25) is best both ways. Only 50 yards or thereabouts from the bridge. Going south it is a sharp exit to the right, while going north you get in the left lane then use the median to cross over. The Freedom Bridge parking area is top center of the link, the hershey shaped gravel area. Drag the map downward and slightly left and you can see the CPS building still visible at top right in the 2017 imagery. Then drag the map in the other direction and you can follow East Main Street all the way into downtown Delphi -- perhaps one mile -- to get a feel for all the homes and businesses the car would have eventually driven past, if he went that way. You don't have to know specifically which ones had cameras. Guaranteed plenty did:

Google Maps

Have they said what the car looked like?

IIRC, the word used was "vehicle." I don't have a link.

Upthread I wondered if this was some sort of service vehicle? Cable TV contractor, commercial cleaning, even the Geek Squad? Maybe I watch too many crime shows, but think about Silence of the Lambs -- the FBI arrives in a florist van; and Criminal Minds has used a dry-cleaner's logo and electric utility.

Of course we will never, ever look at a parked C-class RV the same way.

What vehicles might be driven by someone who might not understand exactly where they needed to turn for a delivery or a call?

What vehicles -- do you see often enough that you don't notice any more?

Worker in a logo shirt, just out trying to do their job, no big deal, part of our modern life?

With the 'ring of truth' to any statement, any answer to a question:

Animal Control van/truck: someone called, something about a really big brown dog, growling, limping? Have you seen a hurt dog?

Telephone/cable TV service: Can you point me toward (some road on the other side of town.) Oh, did I take the overpass & should have turned the other way?

Package delivery: between Indy & Chicago -- or the other direction?

Furniture company?

What could you see -- and not think about?

Of course for us, everything is worth noticing, everything might be a clue -- but we hang out here together!

upload_2020-12-29_7-40-16.jpeg
image from kirkthetvguy.com

Using this van as an example, don't even on where or when Kirk The TV Guy operated!

Just amateur speculation, your mileage may vary, and all that.

Have they said what the car looked like?

Not that I’m aware. I initially thought they should release what type of vehicle, color etc they were talking about but I think now they left it largely blank so they could filter out calls that were not about the vehicle they were interested in.

The big question I would like answered is what changed, or what did LE find out between the Feb 2019 anniversary with it’s sad depressing nothing of a press conference and April 2019 with the high energy look-at-this dramatic presser.
The small thing I would request is a transcript of the meeting LE had with the families prior to the April 2019 press conference. I would be interested to know how they explained the “change in direction” to them, and the discussion that ensued. I think it would reveal whether or not there is substance to the press conference or it was all smoke and mirrors just to rattle the killer.

IIRC, the word used was "vehicle." I don't have a link.

Respectfully snipped...

I can confirm that if you listen to the April 2019 press conference, Carter definitely says they are looking for information on a "vehicle." When I first heard this, I thought they were careful to use that word and they could be looking for a delivery truck, a pickup truck, a regular car, even a motorcycle or something like that could be the vehicle in question.

However, the next day the ISP released clarification points to the media and apparently referred to it as both a "car" and a "vehicle (s)."

Link: Indiana State Police releases clarification points on Delphi murder suspect

IMO they knew some things about the movements of the car/vehicle on that day but were looking to fill in the blanks (and, since we've never heard about it again, perhaps they got the info they needed).

Continuing the topic from the most recent thread, other than more audio I concur the most valuable release would be greater info re the car at the CPS building. Something apparently shifted focus more toward local, based on where that car traveled on February 13th.

I'm kind of astonished none of the reporters or podcasters ever ask a string of questions to Carter or Leazenby or Riley toward whether or not Bridge Guy was ever filmed on a camera other than Libby's. Even at faraway distance that would include footage from the security camera across from the CPS building, depicting basics if not enough to conclusively identify the driver or car. The high profile missed opportunity was when the female host of "Down the Hill" asked Carter what percentage of events law enforcement was confident it understood. Carter provided a surprisingly candid and interesting response, saying 2/3...the beginning and end but not the middle. That should have automatically set off questions toward the beginning and end...the comings and goings. Somehow it did not, or at least not that we heard.

From the Freedom Bridge area, East Main Street leads directly into downtown Delphi. That road had by far the greatest potential for point to point security camera tracking, kind of like "See No Evil." I hope law enforcement was sharp enough to recognize and gather that type of evidence, although that may be doubtful given the lag to April 2019 before the car becomes a big deal.

From this satellite image you can see the basics of the layout near Freedom Bridge. The same exit from Hoosier Heartland Highway (State Road 25) is best both ways. Only 50 yards or thereabouts from the bridge. Going south it is a sharp exit to the right, while going north you get in the left lane then use the median to cross over. The Freedom Bridge parking area is top center of the link, the hershey shaped gravel area. Drag the map downward and slightly left and you can see the CPS building still visible at top right in the 2017 imagery. Then drag the map in the other direction and you can follow East Main Street all the way into downtown Delphi -- perhaps one mile -- to get a feel for all the homes and businesses the car would have eventually driven past, if he went that way. You don't have to know specifically which ones had cameras. Guaranteed plenty did:

Google Maps

I have also thought that the reporting has been pretty superficial on this case. There have been tons of interviews but it’s seldom anything new comes out. I know LE is keeping most of the information close, but the reporters never ask anything new and never push for a little bit more. Alexis McAdams, who was a local reporter at the time seemed to really care about the case. When she left for a bigger market no one has filled that void. There also is no independent investigating in this case by the news media.
As far as security cameras, I have wondered about that too. I seem to remember about a year out LE mentioning that there weren’t many security cameras around, but I hope that didn’t keep them from widening their search for the cameras. My feeling is that the killer is on a camera somewhere. Maybe it’s across from the CPS building, maybe 2 miles into downtown Delphi, maybe 50 miles up Hwy 25 at a gas station, maybe on the side of a rural house 30 miles outside Delphi along a rural road, maybe on a traffic cam near Indianapolis, but he’s on a camera somewhere because he had to get out of there in some direction. It’s just a matter of combing through it all. No small task but it can be done. The only way he is not on a security camera is if he was truly so local he was within walking distance of the trails. It’s possible but I don’t believe that.
Just my thoughts.

Google Maps

I personally believe LE gave us the best information they had in order to help the public give tips. If they had another photo or video away from the scene, they would have published it.

Sadly, it only takes a couple of turns in a remote area to get back on the main 4 lane road there and then he would have gotten away. I mean after all, this was near a rural trail. No cameras to speak of like at a business where someone would actually STOP. Even the highway traffic cameras down the main road are not designed to be able to pick up most makes of vehicles and license plates.

In regards to cameras... I recently provided video to police for a neighbor who had their groceries stolen after they were delivered to their front porch.

I have a 4K video camera system...the highest resolution on the market. It shoots down on my front door on my front porch.

Even 2 houses down where it captured the theft... you could only make out the make (Honda) and color (dark blue).. but couldn't tell if it was a Civic or Accord.. And that was zoomed into the max at this very high resolution. I provided the video to the police when asked nonetheless... but my point is with the resolution and/or frame rate capturing a moving car, it is going to be difficult to get decent vimage since property owners like me are videoing their own property at short distances.

Never would I have thought we would be starting thread #128 in this crime with Libby's video and audio of the killer in LE's hands from the beginning and still after almost four years have no named suspect.
Same here.
When this first happened, almost 4 yrs ago, and I saw the video, photo and they had voice... I figured, slam dunk case.
Libby gave them everything they need to catch him and justice will be served !!!
Little did I know we would be on thread #128, almost 4 years later and nothing except the fact that I know way more than I need to know about the citizens of the little town of Delphi, IN

Jumping in to say I'd simply like to know if LE was misled early on in the investigation and in what way.
Interesting thought. Time and time again I hear that judges just don't sign search warrants without sufficient probable cause. (Like we keep hearing about the two searches of the Morphew home in the Suzanne Morphew missing person case.) And yet very early on LE is all over a search of a property on Bicycle Bridge Road with Carroll County Sheriff's Dept, ISP and FBI all taking part 3 days after the girls were found. Using the premise that there must be sufficient probable cause I wonder what led LE in this direction with such a show of force.
Search warrant served at Indiana home in teens' murders | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members