Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #132

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

One of two, either the scene mimicked something a SK would create, with all these signatures, and IRL, he was local and targeting one victim only, or, he made it look like there was an obvious purpose for an attack, but IRL, there was none, or the true reason was totally different. JMO.

Bizarre case.

2. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

I actually had imagined the searchers may have walked right up to the bodies. Its possible someone may even have checked for a pulse. We don't know. All we know is they were found by a group of searchers, and they may not have realized immediately what they'd come upon.

Charlot123 and JnRyan like this.
  3. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Wasn’t it recently stated by LE that the girls were victims of “circumstance and opportunity”? To me those words indicate their murders were the exact opposite of any premeditated and targeted scenario.

4. MistyWaters

No I definitely don’t think volunteer searchers would be expected to check for a pulse as they’re are not trained in emergency response. After locating, approaching might also needlessly waste valuable time if there’s a chance official responders could save a life.

I don’t know what the searchers observed or how close they got but I think there’s too many unknowns to draw any firm conclusions about why they didn’t immediately notice a crime had occurred. It could be something as simple as the bodies were partially out of view or were covered with leaves.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    JnRyan, janewall, CCJD and 2 others like this.
  5. catch_22

catch_22 Well-Known Member

One possibility on why the tape could have been left up:

I would think that within a few days of the crime, that anything that LE thought could be potential evidence would have been collected. But I'm sure over the following weeks or months, different officers from different agencies had various reasons for wanting to visit the crime scene. I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but without the tape they were liable to be wandering around out there like the blair witch project. Just a thought.....

MOO

La Louve, Kittybunny, Diddian and 7 others like this.
  6. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

That's always been a question in my mind, too. It's not that I think we should necessarily see more signs if violence or chaos within that taped-off area, but in the photos I've seen, I see absolutely no signs of any activity. Like you said with the other case, here we have nowhere that looks like leaves, grass, or twigs have been collected or even disturbed. IMO

7. MistyWaters

I’ve noticed the photos of the taped “crime scene” has no indication of evidence markers. Although I don’t know for sure but it would seem logical that evidence markers and tape would be removed together when all work is completed.

8. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

That's a good point. I am curious if after LE released the property back to RL, did LE then need to get permission to go back on?

9. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

Of course, we don't know for sure the method by which they died. But just to address your question about strangulation specifically:

IMO only...there are many post-mortem changes that would be taking place by the time they were found nearly 24 hours later and depending on several factors relating to timing and extent of these, physical "signs" of choking/strangling may not have been apparent to a civilian observer at the scene.

10. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

I wonder the same. It seems if other agencies wanted to see the area, it would be most beneficial to have the exact body locations and any other evidence still marked, as well. Jmo But I guess they would have all that photographed, though.

It's all so frustrating to me.

St. Anthony2017 likes this.
  11. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

Other agencies would probably have diagrams of exact locations from the case files. IMO

Sunny123, St. Anthony2017 and TL4S like this.
  12. FrostedGlass

FrostedGlass Well-Known Member

Here's a screen cap from one of the 4-year anniversary interviews. In the middle, on the right hand side, I think I see water. Riley described the scene: "...the creek ran through there real close to the crime scene..."
    I think it looks like a little inlet and I was able to find something that seemed to match on the Beacon site. The area is located directly across from the drainage ditch that runs along the Weber property on the east.

Crime Scene.jpg

13. janewall

janewall Well-Known Member

RSBM.

Plastic bags. If the killer had already restrained the girls' hands with zip ties or other restraints, that would have been pathetically easy and effective, without any visible sign of trauma. This could have been an extremely low-tech pair of murders, without significant physical exertion on the killer's part once the girls were where he wanted them to be.

Just speculating, spurred by my nonstop unpacking and assembling baby supplies for the past 2 days (I have a pair of wee new grands), and every piece is wrapped in a bag with the asphyxiation hazard warning printed on it. And I'm remembering all that stuff he appears to have jammed into his jacket/pockets. What's more portable and lightweight than a bunch of plastic bags? :(

14. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

I hate him.

15. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

Hmm. That picture is different than any I've seen. There's another short video clip on this article that shows a taped-off area that doesn't look like the same south cemetery one, either. IDK, maybe just different angles?

State police receive a thousand tips since new Delphi evidence release | wthr.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  16. janewall

janewall Well-Known Member

Right there with you.

17. StarryStarryNight

StarryStarryNight Well-Known Member

I don’t understand the logic in your statement. Because kids spend a lot of time on the internet, logically, there must be a connection between the girls and the murderer? There is absolutely no indication, known to the public, other than speculation that the killer knew the girls in any way, internet or not.
    Your last sentence, I agree with you 100%.
    Just my thoughts.

18. photographer4

photographer4 Well-Known Member

Is this area I circled in red where you think you see water? I might see it too, not sure. Or, it could be a slope into the creek? Not sure. Also, if the creek ran through very close to the crime scene, maybe he did drown them, and didn't have to drag them anywhere.

Attached Files:

19. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

My experience with a crime near where I used to work was that they picked up the evidence marker when they gathered the evidence at that spot. In a couple of cases they replaced a yellow marker with a red one, I assume because they wanted to mark the location but also indicate the item had been processed. Most of the flags were shell casings but the one that went yellow to red was bigger. Might have been where a handgun was thrown.

But they didn't care about the tape. They took a couple of pieces that were across the sidewalk and told the maintenance people they could clean up the rest. One of the IT people grabbed some of it and for years after our computer lab was draped with crime scene tape.

20. Justice101

Justice101 Well-Known Member

IMHO, the Evansdale girls were abducted via a vehicle that was on the ROAD near where the girls disappeared. Whereas the Delphi girls were left in the place where they were killed because he would have had to lug them up the hill and/or force them out in the open to a vehicle. In my opinion, there is a huge difference in killer's ability to abduct someone and move their bodies when they have a vehicle right there were as opposed to being on foot on a trail.

Si2Mo, Daisyeve, Beachlife926 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.