Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if this is BG, but I have considered that maybe the killer wore baggy clothes over another set of clothes so they could be quickly removed to instantly change his look after the murder and to also help prevent leaving DNA behind. Two pairs of pants could also make his walk different, especially on that rickety bridge, and make him look heavier than he really is.
Indeed, one of my first thoughts. However looking closer there is something else going on inside that jacket. There appeared to be distinct lines of something hard and a very strange poof coming out of the top.

Oh really? So much I haven’t seen..

”Long bike rides”, eh?

*are there bike trails that run from Lafayette to Delphi?
(This has been on the to do list, off road trails, etc.)

Or does he ride on the street?

Eta: going to try to go for a bike ride on Google

note to self: topomap and alltrails, parks and rec

eta2: do we know if that green bike with the water bottle was his? Going in for photo link pic, will add as eta
Right? He had a couple of posts/pictures of his bicycle. With comments of having gone 15 miles or so. And said in another he was thinking of riding it to Florida. (Yes, not a motorcycle but a bicycle). of course he could have been just blowing wind, haha

Saw this posted elsewhere concerning just how rare stranger-involved kidnappings of young children are.

"According to an estimate from the federal Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP), there were just 105 "stereotypical kidnappings" in America between late 2010 and late 2011, the last period for which we have data. (For reference, there were about 73.9 million children in America that year.) Just 65 of these kidnappings were committed by strangers. Less than half involved the abduction of a child under age 12. Only 14 percent of cases were still open after one week, and 92 percent of victims were recovered or returned alive."
Using this data as a baseline, there might be somewhere around 30 young children abducted by strangers per year in the US. What are the odds in a country of 325+ million people that someone capable of abducting a child they don't know and attempting to murder them would be living so close to another similar violent crime against children? It would seem to be extraordinarily unlikely given the rarity of such criminal behavior. It would be quite a coincidence to have multiple predators of this type operating in one area.

I can't remember the year of the last data on this but it was around 125. It may have been 2017.

I firmly believe its increasing.

Plus we have so many missing children who've never been located

So until all the whereabouts are known we really have no idea how many may be stranger abductions.

The children must be found first before its known what statistics they actually go in.

Jmho

Right? He had a couple of posts/pictures of his bicycle. With comments of having gone 15 miles or so. And said in another he was thinking of riding it to Florida. (Yes, not a motorcycle but a bicycle). of course he could have been just blowing wind, haha

This is very important imo. That fact that he rode long distances on his bikes.

Yes. SW at a house along the Bicycle Bridge Road and a search along the roadside too.
That was the one that had the camper there, right? In the yard? I think I remember a camper pic.

I can't remember the year of the last data on this but it was around 125. It may have been 2017.

I firmly believe its increasing.

Plus we have so many missing children who've never been located

So until all the whereabouts are known we really have no idea how many may be stranger abductions.

Jmho
Hey OBE, will we’ve got you on the line, can you please take a look at this slug and give me your impressions. I haven’t looked at it or studied it yet, still in robot mode, trying to bag and tag stuff before it goes poof, tia

@oceanblueeyes
Bullet pic
July 18, 2018
Facebook

eta: @@carbuff, whatcha think?
Inside red vehicle
March 9, 2017
Brian Chadwell

Last edited:
I agree but it seems his thought process/moods are all over the place with his postings. He goes from "we all need to get along and love and understand" nonsense to "F society" and "I want to kill stuff". I don't know but it seems as though he's purposely trying to pretend he's the guy. And maybe after staring into the abyss too long, he actually fell in... <with regard to his recent arrest that is>

yea, his posts come across as a hot middle school drama mess. Such a rollercoaster

. In my totally unqualified opinion, I’d peg him as a psychopathic narcissist. They tend to bounce between extremes.

(Quoting Sinbad from “Jingle All The Way” - “I took a class in junior college, so I’m right in there!” )

Last edited:
This is very important imo. That fact that he rode long distances on his bikes.

I absolutely agree. Easy in, conceal, out. Easy to pack a kit for his hunt too.

Plus what an easy alibi.

Beautiful day, normal to see a guy out riding. Right? And since it was “normal” for him to ride, no one would have thought a thing about it had they spotted him. (“Well yea, I always rode that route, for exercise of course.”)

Note:

Feb. 9, 2019

Elephants/
I want to hunt humans and have my own wall mount.
Brian Chadwell

I wouldn't put any real significance on this. I am an animal activist with many animal advocate/activist friends on SM, and I've seen some of them post worse than this. (What they'd like to do to animal abusers, hunters, etc. You'd probably be shocked.) I haven't really seen anything unusual or alarming in any of the links from his SM. In fact, it's surprising to me that he had a little girl he was brutalizing in his basement based on what he posted publicly on SM.

Last edited:
South Dakota Inmate Locator - he was released from prison in 2016:

Offender Locator :: SD Dept of Corrections

Yes, we were also discussing in JC’s thread his aliases, one being “Blue Chadwell”...I don’t think anyone found anything on that yet (I haven’t looked yet).

ADULT CORRECTIONS
Offender Locator

CHADWELL, JAMES B.
Race
White
Hair Color
Brown
Eye Color
Brown
Height
5' 8"
Weight
170 lbs.
Alias(es)
Chadwell, Blue Chadwell, James Brian

DOC Number
Current Facility
Outside
Parole Office
NA
Correctional Status
Completed Sentence
Additional Info
NA

08/04/2016

South Dakota Inmate Locator - he was released from prison in 2016:

Check out the media thread. He was paroled in 2011, then denied parole in 2015, I believe the link you provided was his release from parole. There seems to be some gaps and missing information for all of his arrests, sentences, parole, etc

Yes, we were also discussing in JC’s thread his aliases, one being “Blue Chadwell”...I don’t think anyone found anything on that yet (I haven’t looked yet).

I've been aware of this case for years but I have a lot of catching up to do on this one. I'm hopeful this case gets solved and justice gets served.

South Dakota File
Notes & References from IN - James Chadwell II, 42, missing girl, 9, found in his home, 19 April 2021, MEDIA *NO DISCUSSION*

(Not exhaustive or complete)

James B. Chadwell Inmate 3027: South Dakota Prisoner

South Dakota Prison (DOC) Arrest Records for Inmate James B. Chadwell

Chadwell-3027.jpg

James B. Chadwell Arrest Details

South Dakota (SD) Prison Arrest Details

Chadwell, James B. Demographics
Race
White
Hair Color
Brown
Eye Color
Brown
Height
5' 8"
Weight
170 lbs.
Alias(es)
Chadwell, Blue
Chadwell, James Brian
DOC Number
Current Facility
Outside
Parole Office
NA
Correctional Status
Completed Sentence
Additional Info
NA
Discharged
08/04/2016

South Dakota Attorney General

Inmate Sentenced for Aggravated Assault

“(Pierre) – James B. Chadwell, a South Dakota Penitentiary inmate, was sentenced on Tuesday by Judge William H. Srstka, Jr. Chadwell had been charged with aggravated assault after attacking a guard at the penitentiary in March 2002. He was later tried and convicted in a trial to the court. Chadwell received a sentence of 10 years with 5 years suspended as a result of the conviction. He will begin serving this sentence after he completes a previous sentence. Prior to this event, Chadwell was serving time in the penitentiary for an aggravated assault conviction out of Pennington County that occurred in 2000.

Aggravated assault is a class 3 felony, which carries a maximum penalty of 15 years and/or a $15,000 fine.

Chadwell’s prosecution was handled by the South Dakota Attorney General’s Office.”

2009/Mother’s Obituary:
LC Obituary - Indiana - Tributes.com
“James Brian Chadwell II of Sioux Falls, SD“

Inmate faces assault sentence
Oct 15, 2002

“PIERRE - A South Dakota Penitentiary inmate from Rapid City faces an additional prison sentence of up to 15 years after being convicted of aggravated assault at an Oct. 11 court trial in Pierre.”

*JBC, 23, charged with aggravated assault after attacking a guard in March.

*sentenced to prison in 2000 for an aggravated assault conviction in Pennington County.

*convicted of punching a Rapid City police officer who was trying to arrest him in connection with damage caused to a vehicle parked in downtown Rapid City.

*prosecution handled by the South Dakota Attorney General's Office.

RSBM
9/17/2001: South Dakota sentenced “Felon in possession of handgun”: previously posted images Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
5/14/2009: Began supervised release SD - resided at Arch Halfway House in Sioux Falls Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records)
8/29/10: traveled to Rock Valley Iowa without permission Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
9/2/10 Case filed in Sioux County, IA (Other Judgement) https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm
12/5/10: left halfway house and did not return Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
12/6/10: Warrant issued for return to custody (Source: Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
1/12/11: Memorandum in request of release Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
1/18/2011: appears he was paroled Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
10/8/2015: Parole hearing (appears granted to transition to Indiana) https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsOctober2015.pdf
Rsbm

“Alias(es)
Chadwell, Blue
Chadwell, James Brian”

*source

Eta:
*additional note for reference:
Discharged from South Dakota Prison (DOC)
08/04/2016

FB checkins per link:
https://www.facebook.com/BrianChadwell313/map

SD:
Brandon Dec 3, 2018

ADULT CORRECTIONS
Offender Locator

CHADWELL, JAMES B.
Race
White
Hair Color
Brown
Eye Color
Brown
Height
5' 8"
Weight
170 lbs.
Alias(es)
Chadwell, Blue Chadwell, James Brian
DOC Number
Current Facility
Outside
Parole Office
NA
Correctional Status
Completed Sentence
Additional Info
NA

08/04/2016

Last edited:
Oh really? So much I haven’t seen..

”Long bike rides”, eh?

*are there bike trails that run from Lafayette to Delphi?
(This has been on the to do list, off road trails, etc.)

Or does he ride on the street?

Eta: going to try to go for a bike ride on Google

note to self: topomap and alltrails, parks and rec

eta2: do we know if that green bike with the water bottle was his? Going in for photo link pic, will add as eta
As a avid and regular cyclist with WELL over a 100K RECORDED miles, I have serious doubts about his LONG bike rides. My definition of a long bike ride is anything over 30-40 miles. Riding around the block 4-5 times instead of 1 or 2....Nah.

As a avid and regular cyclist with WELL over a 100K RECORDED miles, I have serious doubts about his LONG bike rides. My definition of a long bike ride is anything over 30-40 miles. Riding around the block 4-5 times instead of 1 or 2....Nah.
Heeeheeee, I took a bike ride around my block the other day, huge accomplishment lol.

That’s long for me, I meant not around the block haha.

Wabash National to Delphi was 30 ish minutes (driving), iirc, back with link.

eta:
Wabash National South Plant, Lafayette to Delphi: Google Maps
via @Lmustang89

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors