Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yemelyan

Yemelyan Well-Known Member

IMO what LE want to avoid, if Chadwell isn't the perpetrator, is the appearance of having dismissed any "good candidate" too soon. Because that's a reasonable doubt that could easily by used by a defense attorney at trial. So that's why we really didn't hear anything definitive about any of the POI in this case for weeks and weeks.

I mean, can you imagine if eventually they charge someone else with this crime - of course the defense will be bringing up Chadwell, Etter, and probably a few others I can name and say - how closely did they look at these guys? How likely is it that my client did this when there were others within 20 miles who were abducting and raping children and women? They zeroed in on my client and only looked at this other child rapist very cursorily because they were already saying within a week that it wasn't him.

I also think it's going to be harder to for LE to cover Chadwell than some of the other POI just because of the length of time that has elapsed since the crime. It's a lot easier to prove in July 2017 where you were in February 2017 than it is in 2021.

Last edited: May 1, 2021

2. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

So he left behind evidence....basic evidence that a 1960’s copper could pin a murder on...

Baffling

3. SBops

SBops Well-Known Member

That is what I think, too.

RebelFem, jking, abr and 9 others like this.
  4. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

Yes, the town of Delphi has kept any knowledge of the crime scene to themselves and thus have respected Abby and Libby as well as their families.

This speaks to their character and their respect for one another. It's impressive.

5. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

LINKS !!

If you are quoting or stating information as fact, you must provide a link or your post will be removed.

No link, no post.

6. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

This is a very, very good post. If we want to brainstorm - what type of evidence found at the scene of a crime would be useful to a 1960s detective?

- a wallet
    - clothes with some identifying mark (tshirt from a local company, etc)
    - shoe prints
    - fingerprints
    - a weapon
    - a signature tying the killer to previous crimes

What else? There’s a lot of possibilities here.

7. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

You are so right.

We can't ever lose sight of hope until we know all hope is gone.

Imo. This is the driving force behind these two grieving families, and why they are able to put one foot before the other one each day for years now as they wait for justice to come.

They show us the way to always remain hopeful as we wait with them hoping for the same thing to happen.

Jmho

Sincerely, Tutter, catch_22 and 8 others like this.
  8. zencompass

zencompass Hope springs eternal

Dear @bourbongal,

Makes me wonder whether he slept under the Monon High Bridge the night before and was there on February 13th.

It seems possible to me because it seems he was "between" jobs during that time. He didn't start his new job until April, 2017. We're not sure when his job ended at Moon Fabrications Inc.

Just a thought. JMO

9. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

its the stringy things that tie off the quilt on the dog..its just a fold in the quilt you are seeing and it looks weird the way the light is hitting it..look again. mOO

10. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Gannon is my hero!

Re: Libby’s phone.

Whether BG saw Libby videoing him or not, who wouldn’t check pockets of my victims to check for a phone?

I’m 60 and would be checking.

Maybe BG found the phone, put it in his pocket, and it fell out in his haste to get away.

So many seem to be assuming he didn’t know about Libby’s phone. I’m not so sure. I think that’s the one big mistake. HE lost the phone.

MOO

11. data_nerd_2005

data_nerd_2005 Verified in Data Science & Data Engineering

Based on LE’s claim that he’s likely a local, I have to wonder if something such as a key chain or clothing item was found that is specific to the local area.

12. yelodoggie

yelodoggie Well-Known Member

13. Hippononymous

Hippononymous Well-Known Member

Could the “signature” or thing left behind be a dog bite? Dog feces?

14. yelodoggie

yelodoggie Well-Known Member

Anybody know where JBC was living in 2003?

15. minazoe

minazoe Well-Known Member

I wish there was some press there while they toss his home etc..they will find all his things,
    souvenirs, clothing, hard drives, things, all his kinky stuff...they are going find every last bit of it ..I am sure they are waiting for the release of all his phone records, whereabouts, cars, purchases...

they are waiting on dna, foot print analysis and voice work..I can imagine how they must feel as they wait .

literally everything about him that we have looked at painstakingly in SM could be
    real evidence. his own words..

as for some who would try to create a fictional version of how this crime went down, I think we will know soon enough what he did to Libby and abby and if it is him, I suspect that he b battered the girls badly as he likes to fight dirty with his fists. He likes to completely overwhelm and shock his victim. I don't mind calling Chadwick a killer. He was looking to kill..he was doing it.

any even microscopic suggestion that the child did any thing at all to participate in this horror in any way even in an alternate universe should be totally rejected by any good and
    thoughtful persons.

mOO

16. Megster024

Megster024 Active Member

I was thinking he spent those 13 years in prison maybe he’s not as aware as you or me that everyone over 8 has one now. Idk IMO

spandangly, Boxer, PoppyJune and 5 others like this.
  17. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Agree.
    Not only was he between jobs, but MHB is literally between his job locations.

18. bourbongal

bourbongal Member

That's honestly what I think. I think he had set up camp in the area and just happened to come up on them. A case of being in the wrong place at the worst possible time. JMO.. I could be wrong

19. bourbongal

bourbongal Member

Agree. This little girl was in no way at all responsible for what this animal did to her.

20. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

There's so much stuff to analyze, I think it could be a good long time before they get forensic testing results and even longer to figure out what the data means.

I'm sure he's committed other assaults and murders before. I don't know whether those crimes include L&A's murder, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.