Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
@UnapologeticallyAspie I'm answering something you asked in a different thread because it's on topic here and potentially off topic over there.

Investigators would be able to tell if the DNA they have is human or not.

I've never heard Delphi investigators give any indication that the unmatched DNA they have is not human. For example, they have talked about taking DNA samples from other humans to presumably compare to it. If they knew it wasn't human, there would not be any point in doing that. They may have both human and non-human DNA to work with and that would actually be quite typical for any crime scene as many people have pet DNA on them. For example, we know that Libby was playing with a relative's puppies a day or two before and Abby had a cat at home. MOO

@UnapologeticallyAspie I'm answering something you asked in a different thread because it's on topic here and potentially off topic over there.

Investigators would be able to tell if the DNA they have is human or not.

I've never heard Delphi investigators give any indication that the unmatched DNA they have is not human. For example, they have talked about taking DNA samples from other humans to presumably compare to it. If they knew it wasn't human, there would not be any point in doing that. They may have both human and non-human DNA to work with and that would actually be quite typical for any crime scene as many people have pet DNA on them. For example, we know that Libby was playing with a relative's puppies a day or two before and Abby had a cat at home. MOO
Thanks for moving it over here. I ended up deleting my comment well editing it and replacing DBM.

Attempted murder defendant investigated for ties to Delphi murders

70c0efe6-d4a6-4f53-ab9b-321b775770ef-Chadwell_James_Brian.JPG

4/21/21

LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Detectives investigating the Feb. 13, 2017, killings of Libby German and Abby Williams have taken notice of James Brian Chadwell II.

Tippecanoe County prosecutors accused Chadwell of luring a 9-year-old girl into his house at 714 Park Ave. on April 19. Once inside his house, Chadwell allegedly beat the girl, sexually assaulted her and locked her in the basement until police knocked on his door.

In a newer story by Leigh Egan - Chadwell is described as a habitual offender-- a designation that could add up to 20 years to a sentence if convicted.

I would think that any habitual offenders in the area would have been screened long before this month/incident by the Delphi task force. Right? JMO.

Indiana man allegedly tries to rape and murder 9-year-old neighbor girl, now police investigating possible ties to Delphi Murders: Report

ETA: Apparently, JC was not on any sexual registry and his "habitual" criminal activity was not against children or sexual offenses.

Last edited:
FB checkins per link:
https://www.facebook.com/BrianChadwell313/map

By State:

IN:
Kokomo Dec. 11, 2016
Kokomo Oct. 12, 2018
Kokomo Dec. 13, 2018
Kokomo Dec. 10, 2019
Kokomo Apr. 6, 2021
Logansport Apr. 6, 2021

TN:
Jacksboro Oct. 15, 2018

FL:
Clearwater, May 21, 2020

CA:
Burbank Feb. 5 2019

SD:
Brandon Dec 3, 2018

Chronological revision of above data:

1. IN/Kokomo Dec. 11, 2016
2. IN/Kokomo Oct. 12, 2018
3. TN/Jacksboro Oct. 15, 2018
4. SD/Brandon Dec 3, 2018
5. IN/Kokomo Dec. 13, 2018
6. CA/Burbank Feb. 5, 2019
7. IN/Kokomo Dec. 10, 2019
8. FL/Clearwater May 21, 2020
9. IN/Kokomo Apr. 6, 2021
10. IN/Logansport Apr. 6, 2021

In a newer story by Leigh Egan - Chadwell is described as a habitual offender-- a designation that could add up to 20 years to a sentence if convicted.

I would think that any habitual offenders in the area would have been screened long before this month/incident by the Delphi task force. Right? JMO.

Indiana man allegedly tries to rape and murder 9-year-old neighbor girl, now police investigating possible ties to Delphi Murders: Report
BBM. I think that he spread his offending around. I am not sure that he was an habitual sex offender.

do we really think he could be BG though?

I'm not feeling hopeful if i'm honest. How long before DNA tests could be back? what other evidence could they have or be looking at?
All of his electronic devices. Possible pet hair samples collected at the crime scene. His creepy knife from the art picture on FB. His boots. Every piece of clothing he owns. I would be hitting up all the tatoo artists he "liked" on his FB. And, interviewing all of his past girlfriends. MOO. Will update as I think of more.
ETA: Interviewing family members, checking vehicles he's owned.

For me, it's the the small time frame in which everything happened in both crimes. Within an hour of the girl missing she had been sexually assaulted and nearly killed and would have been if not interrupted. Abby and Libby were accosted and killed within a similar window of opportunity. To me this sounds like a specific kind of predator. Both seem impulsive and opportunistic IMO.

James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Affidavit of Probable Cause also at the link above.

James Brian Chadwell II is a 42-year-old Lafayette, Indiana, man who is accused of attempted murder after police found an injured, missing 9-year-old girl in his basement on April 19, 2021.

Authorities in nearby Delphi — only 15 miles away — are investigating him as a possible suspect in the notorious unsolved 2017 murders of Delphi teens Abigail Williams and Liberty German. “The information has obviously been shared with us, and our investigators are looking into him,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told the Lafayette Journal & Courier.

Affidavit of Probable Cause also at the link above.

James Brian Chadwell II is a 42-year-old Lafayette, Indiana, man who is accused of attempted murder after police found an injured, missing 9-year-old girl in his basement on April 19, 2021.

Authorities in nearby Delphi — only 15 miles away — are investigating him as a possible suspect in the notorious unsolved 2017 murders of Delphi teens Abigail Williams and Liberty German. “The information has obviously been shared with us, and our investigators are looking into him,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told the Lafayette Journal & Courier.

abby3.jpg

Jim Piwowarczyk to Heavy A memorial near where Abby and Libby died.

—-

james-brian-chadwell.jpg

Facebook James Brian Chadwell

(Partial) Probable Cause Affidavit:
affidavit.png

Last edited:
I think LE wants to know only what the killer knows to be convinced it's him. I am not so sure they have dna...but Idk. I believe the only way this guy will talk is if they take the DP off the table if it is indeed him. He has nothing to lose he will be in for life or at least into his 80's imo with current charges.

Guys I have serious doubts that BC is bridge guy. I just did a pretty extensive deep dive on his facebook and it looks like he had pretty big ear plugs during the Delphi murder time period - at least until 2018 or later <modsnip>.

That’s a pretty big identifying detail. Don’t you think the eye witnesses would have noticed/remembered that?

I’ve had a lot of friends with those and they take a while to grow that big and if you take them out they leave a gaping hole.

I also couldn’t find evidence on his FB that he likes fishing, hunting, spending time in the woods... I know that doesn’t mean much, but I can’t shake the feeling that the murderer is well versed in those activities. It’s just a gut feeling. BC may be a sicko but maybe not this sicko. My amateur opinion only.

Last edited:
Guys I have serious doubts that BC is bridge guy. I just did a pretty extensive deep dive on his facebook and it looks like he had pretty big ear plugs during the Delphi murder time period - at least until 2018 or later (pics attached - hope I did it right).

That’s a pretty big identifying detail. Don’t you think the eye witnesses would have noticed/remembered that?

I know lots of people that had those and they take a while to grow that big, and they also take ages to shrink. You can’t put them in instantly and if you take them out it leaves a gaping hole.

I also couldn’t find evidence on his FB that he likes fishing, hunting, spending time in the woods... I know that doesn’t mean much, but I can’t shake the feeling that the murderer is well versed in those activities. It’s just a gut feeling. BC may be a sicko but maybe not this sicko. My amateur opinion only.
BG may have a had with flaps on. The ol Elmer Fudd/ushanka.

I haven’t seen mention of a hat with flaps anywhere in communications from LE. I thought he was either wearing a cap (like a painters cap with a short brim) or no hat at all. JMO

Indeed. FBI only references hoodie. There’s been a lot of discussion about it though. :) Have we ruled out the Elmer Fudd? Tia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member