Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Yemelyan. I mostly want advice whether I should screw with this man's family by calling it in, knowing that the voice doesn't seem right.
I'm not sure how much you would truly be "screwing with his family" by reporting what you know. I would also consider how disappointing it would be to Abby & Libby's family if the person you're thinking of really were the perpetrator and you did NOT report them and they were never caught. ...& even more disappointing it might be to some future victim of they ever commit such an act again.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much you would truly be "screwing with his family" by reporting what you know. I would also consider how disappointing it would be to Abby & Libby's family if the person you're thinking of really were the perpetrator and you did NOT report them and they were never caught. ...& even more disappointing it might be to some future victim of they ever commit such an act again.
Do you think BG has murdered anyone since?

Do you think BG has murdered anyone since?
I think the person that was capable of doing this to Abby & Libby very likely did hurt others at some point after that, yes. Whether it was murder, rape, or some kind of other abuse is hard to say. I doubt that this was his only offense though. MOO of course.

I think the person that was capable of doing this to Abby & Libby very likely did hurt others at some point after that, yes. Whether it was murder, rape, or some kind of other abuse is hard to say. I doubt that this was his only offense though. MOO of course.
It makes me wonder if these potential other offenses have been linked, or even possibly linked. I can’t imagine the FBI not keeping tabs on anything, or rather any kind of crime activity that their behavioral analysis profile of BG, *resembles/overlaps*. (*ETA)

mOO

Last edited:
Are there Websleuths who think (or know and can show) they can see BG's eyes in any of the official images from Libby's phone? I have seen some people online claiming they can and I have convinced myself that I absolutely can and that his eyes are extremely close-set. But perhaps I am imagining I can see them. I have to really look at the image where he is looking up the most but I can find the eyes. Maybe this is like people hearing what they want to hear? Now I need to know because I've been seeing this for a few weeks, <Modsnip>

I thought the face was older, the chin, jutting and the shape of the face, more Asian, with wide and high cheekbones. But then I realized, the guy was moving, and looking down, so all one can see, if that, are his eyebrow arches. I won't bet on how he looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is so scary and chilling to think he just crossed the bridge with such confidence and deliberation. And at that point he knew exactly what was going to happen while these young girls stood there in fear and uncertainty.

Lots of assumptions there. I tend the other way. He had no idea what was going to happen. His mind was a mess with a thousand things going on. These guys don't kill every day. He may never have killed previously. If not, then all the years of contemplation and build up are finally at hand. That's why he's kind of in a head down daze while approaching the girls. I doubt he fully expected it to happen until just about that point. Prior to that he's fully prepared for an interruption, like somebody showing up on the gravel access road below, or the girls dashing away. He may have had interruptions on prior attempts elsewhere. Once he realizes all systems are go then he's figuring out what to say and when to pull the weapon.

All of that combines to not being fully aware of Libby filming the video. I have always been shocked that the situational reality Bridge Guy is facing is so easily set aside, in deference to assumption of a calculating killer who envisioned every stage of that day exactly as it played out.

Otherwise, the odd aspect for Abby and Libby would have been someone else on the bridge at the same time period. That's going to dominate their mindset, far beyond fear. Libby in particular would have grasped how rare and ridiculous it was. But since she didn't recognize him she mostly flicked it aside as a weird tourist who didn't know any better.

I sense that Abby became somewhat concerned while Libby was rightfully anticipating nothing more than a brief awkward encounter. Abby apparently asked about options. If Abby had insisted on running away I think Libby would have done so, despite the trespassing warning. But keep in mind the extremely tight time frame. They maybe had 15 seconds after Abby stepped off the bridge before Bridge Guy reached them. Libby's already turned around and facing Bridge Guy while standing just beyond the bridge. It's a strange situation but not one to automatically promote fear. I know darn well I would not have run away. I spent 24 years in Las Vegas and the median time I returned home was probably 2:30 AM. That's countless encounters with crackpots of every description on the Strip.

I can think of one instance in my life where I scared somebody into dashing away. I was just about Libby's age, maybe 14 or 15. I took the day off from school to attend the PGA golf tournament at Doral. My parents dropped me off. They couldn't pick me up at the end of the day so I volunteered to walk the 6+ miles. No big deal. It sounded like fun and was fun. Like an idiot I wore my metal spiked golf shoes. That seemed like the cool thing to do in that era, dressing like a golfer while attending a tournament. Anyway, I was within a mile of home and it was now dark. I'm walking briskly on the sidewalk. You can imagine what that sounds like while wearing metal spikes. There was a guy in front of me, roughly my own age. I'm maybe 30 yards behind him and gaining since I'm tall with a long stride. He crossed from right side of the road to the left side. I did the same, on almost the exact path. Not because I was following him. It was pre planned. That was a logical area to cross, given the major cross street not far away. But as soon as I crossed at the same time he did, that kid took off like a scared jackrabbit. It took me a few seconds to realize what happened. Wait a minute...you're frightened of me, a kid with golf shoes? I'll never fault Abby and Libby for not dashing away, because virtually without exception that's what they would have been running away from...nothing.

What do I say... what an unspeakable tragedy this is!
I wonder what made Libby take the video/audio?
If they felt the danger from the distance, could they run away, hide? Did they make any attempts to call 911 or family?
That “go down the hill” sounds so controlled and deliberate. I wonder if this evil monster had a gun to control the girls...
Do you think this was a planned attack or wrong-time wrong-place situation?

Movements. I think it was something in his movements.

At the plaza today (broad daylight), a young man came up asking for me to buy him something. I am omitting the details that would explain why he approached me, i think he was a garden variety thief, but it was how close he moved, trying to block me from the world, that put me on high alert. I yelled for my son standing in the distance to call 911, and the guy finally, reluctantly, left. A very different situation, but there probably was something in BG's movements, too, that made the girls aware. Sadly, not enough. (((

Last edited:
Yeah, I live in New Orleans. If I took off running every time something started to feel sketchy, I would be in much better shape than I am. It's not natural to run, just because someone seems odd. I mean, we could each count on one hand and easily recall a time we physically took off running. And we have many more years of living to count! It's 99.9% of the time not required. I think its unfair to expect that kids who are on a public trail in a town that they feel safe where other kids from school were would call 911 or take off running because someone was crossing the bridge and seemed a little creepy. I mean, come on. That's real odd expectations to put on kids, much less anyone. We only think that was what they should have done bc we wanted that story to end differently. But the reality is, most of us would not have run or called 911. He intentionally wasn't showing eye contact or being aggressive until he could get them into range. The girls responded appropriately. HE did not...... his fault only.

Hey everyone:) Bringing something here that I would like to discuss. I apologize for posting it elsewhere. I have never forgotten this and I do feel it’s relevant. https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...i-search-into-southeastern-tennessee-counties
Tennessee sheriff corrects statement, says Delphi suspect not seen in the state
From article dated Jan. 15, 2018
BLEDSOE COUNTY, Tenn. -- A Facebook post from a Tennessee sheriff led to confusion Monday about the search for a suspect in the murders of two Delphi, Indiana teens.
MOO: There is a photo, within the article of the original Facebook post that was removed shortly after it was posted. LE came back quickly and rebuffed it, saying the search was nationwide. I had always found it curious that it was so quickly removed. I do believe there is a connection between BG and Tennessee.
MOO I also thought it sounded like CYA after Deputy Fife accidently posted police confidential stuff publicly.

MOO I also thought it sounded like CYA after Deputy Fife accidently posted police confidential stuff publicly.
Deputy Fife:D LOL When I look at that situation now, it’s the timing of it that makes me suspicious. You’d think that “bulletin” would have been sent out many many months prior. MOO

I've always thought that BG talked to the girls prior to the final meeting.

I also think he set off their spidey sense. He may have been overly nice, offered to walk with them was trying to chat them up and when rebuffed, may have said something in anger that was terribly inappropriate.

The girls continued on their way keeping an eye out but putting distance between them. And then, he reappears and that's when Libby starts filming him. She knew he was problematic. I can feel the anxiety in the pit of my stomach just typing that. She sees him coming towards them and says "Oh Crap - he's back". He did something to make Libby decide to record him.

Honestly, I don't think BG was trolling for 2 young girls. I think he was trolling but he got something more.

He clearly didn't know that he was filmed initially. I often wonder if he realized at some point that Libby was recording him. Did Libby lose the phone or did he drop it on his way out of the area?

Honestly, I think it is completely a random meeting. I do believe he was prepared for something and he was there for something. I really don't think it was a spur of the moment decision.

Has he killed since? One would think he had, but I don't think so.

I think he's committed other crimes and in time it will all fall into place.

ALL MOO and SPECULATION

I've always thought that BG talked to the girls prior to the final meeting.

I also think he set off their spidey sense. He may have been overly nice, offered to walk with them was trying to chat them up and when rebuffed, may have said something in anger that was terribly inappropriate.

The girls continued on their way keeping an eye out but putting distance between them. And then, he reappears and that's when Libby starts filming him. She knew he was problematic. I can feel the anxiety in the pit of my stomach just typing that. She sees him coming towards them and says "Oh Crap - he's back". He did something to make Libby decide to record him.

Honestly, I don't think BG was trolling for 2 young girls. I think he was trolling but he got something more.

He clearly didn't know that he was filmed initially. I often wonder if he realized at some point that Libby was recording him. Did Libby lose the phone or did he drop it on his way out of the area?

Honestly, I think it is completely a random meeting. I do believe he was prepared for something and he was there for something. I really don't think it was a spur of the moment decision.

Has he killed since? One would think he had, but I don't think so.

I think he's committed other crimes and in time it will all fall into place.

ALL MOO and SPECULATION

I really think the girls would not have crossed the bridge or would have dialed 911 if they had a prior unpleasant/creepy encounter at the park with this guy.

It may be more likely that they just had a weird vibe about him. Plus, I don’t think the guy would have done something prior to scare them off.

I really think the girls would not have crossed the bridge or would have dialed 911 if they had a prior unpleasant/creepy encounter at the park with this guy.

It may be more likely that they just had a weird vibe about him. Plus, I don’t think the guy would have done something prior to scare them off.

I would also hope that if they thought there was really something bad about this guy that they would have left and called 911 as well but I don’t think it was like that. We also don’t know where they first saw, or met up with him. Turning around and leaving may not have been possible.

What I’m suggesting is that he could have been joking with them, asking if they wanted company, do you have a boyfriend?, how old are you?, how come you’re not in school, where do you live? Kind of thing.

It would have been enough to cause awkwardness and unease but nothing to call 911 over.

When they weren’t engaging him and perhaps rebuffed him, he might have said something to the tune of “you two are quite stuck up, or do you think you’re better than me?” and then walked off in a huff only to reappear later.

I may be completely wrong but I’ve always felt this way and even more so now. One wrong word could have been all it took to set him off.

MOO

I would also hope that if they thought there was really something bad about this guy that they would have left and called 911 as well but I don’t think it was like that. We also don’t know where they first saw, or met up with him. Turning around and leaving may not have been possible.

What I’m suggesting is that he could have been joking with them, asking if they wanted company, do you have a boyfriend?, how old are you?, how come you’re not in school, where do you live? Kind of thing.

It would have been enough to cause awkwardness and unease but nothing to call 911 over.

When they weren’t engaging him and perhaps rebuffed him, he might have said something to the tune of “you two are quite stuck up, or do you think you’re better than me?” and then walked off in a huff only to reappear later.

I may be completely wrong but I’ve always felt this way and even more so now. One wrong word could have been all it took to set him off.

MOO

I'm with you, Tealgrove. I think the girls had some kind of encounter with the monster before the bridge. Who knows at what place on the trail or time it was. I wonder if they didn't go on the bridge in hopes of staying away from him until Libby's dad came looking for them. Never imagining this stranger would actually get on that dilapidated and decaying bridge with no rails. The fact that Abby asks Libby if that creepy guy was behind them tells me that there must have been an encounter with him before that bridge. And it was worriesome enough to put Abbie's 'antenna' up. JMO

Last edited:

MOO

Yeah... I can see that playing out the way you're describing.

Whatever transpired, things seemed to have escalated fairly quickly and unexpectedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer