Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE never said they had DNA. They actually refuse to say they have offender DNA. They don’t have a clear image despite the video. The witness statements resulted in two completely different sketches where honestly they look like two completely different people and just served to confuse people. There are no reliable eyewitnesses. The only video, which is a true miracle by Libby, is grainy and doesn’t show the person’s face. IMO it is very hard to attack two people and not leave any obvious DNA unless you are very prepared and careful (gloves, face covering, generic shoes).

they have his 'signature' whatever that consists of....and the audio....do we know for sure how many people came forward to say they had seen BG in the area?

<modsnip>
And yet with all of this evidence that you mention, Rosegold68, LE has still not been able to identify this monster.

LE or the FBI...what a disaster. very frustrating for the families too

Last edited by a moderator:
they have his 'signature' whatever that consists of....and the audio....do we know for sure how many people came forward to say they had seen BG in the area?

<modsnip>

LE or the FBI...what a disaster. very frustrating for the families too
They do not have a match of DNA to criminal in the system.

CODIS
1. System Error
2. Not required to be collected at time

At CS
1 Incomplete or mixed sample.
2 No unidentified DNA

Criminals learn how to avoid leaving DNA in prison.

For a while, like fingerprints, criminals were not careful, but now they are and make plans not to leave DNA.
No DNA at a physical struggle murder scene points to an experienced criminal with time.

Last edited by a moderator:
but what evidence could he have left behind to identify him? they have it all....a video, witness statements of those who saw him, his voice and his DNA...more than most murderers leave behind
I don't think he can be positively identified by the audio nor video. If he was dumb enough to keep the plain blue jacket (doubtful), I do think that would be a good piece of evidence. I don't think it could be 100% proven that it is THE jacket.

I guess the sketch witnesses could say that he is the guy. Again, probably a good piece of evidence, but if I was a juror, I might be a little skeptical of their "recollection" after 4+ years.

I don't know how they will tie him to the crime scene. Most likely they don't have dna, or he should have been a match long ago. Will cellphone records pinging on the delphi tower on 2/13/17 be damning enough? I don't know. It doesn't seem like a smoking gun to me. In a court of law, that is. Now me personally, I would find it to be pretty damning.

JMO

I haven't read anyone saying that this nine year old child wasn't sexually abused by this monster, or that what he has done isn't atrocious. We can all agree that he needs to be put away for a very long time. I personally don't take much stock in what the stepfather or family members are saying either, as there can be 'bad blood' in families. As for people seeing a dog under the monster on the bridges jacket again.. I rather doubt it. You can see that decrepit bridge with no railing for yourself. Imagine trying to walk that thing with a dog under your jacket! I can see the monster on the bridge pulling on a STRING though.. and it pulls down that white thing that is sticking out of the upper part of his jacket. Certainly not a dog in my opinion. You can call the monster who sexually abused/tortured this nine year old child the monster (on the bridge) all you like.. but just because he IS responsible for what he has done to THIS child.. does NOT make him responsible for the murders of Abby and Libby unless/until LE says so.

I totally agree that we need to catch the real Bridge Guy. no doubt. However, I see a lot of really scary pathology in Chadwell, a much stronger resemblance to the sketches than previous suspects, and a similar MO. I’m feeling very positive about this suspect.

And, having thought the “puppy in the coat” theory was utterly preposterous when the pixelated BG photo first came out, I’m just saying that now that we have a suspect with partially white-faced dogs which he has used to lure a victim and physically bite/assault her, I can’t be so sure. Stranger things have happened in the cases that we follow here.

CODIS
1. System Error

At CS
2 No unidentified DNA

Criminals.learn how to avoudeaving DNA in Prison.

For a while like fingerprints, criminals were not careful, but now they are and plan not to leave DNA.
No DNA at a physical struggle murder scene points to an experienced criminal with time.

Thank you for using the word that I wish I had used, Boxer.. experienced. It is a far better word than the one I chose.. sophisticated. I couldn't agree more with everything you have said here. :)

CODIS
1. System Error

At CS
2 No unidentified DNA

Criminals.learn how to avoudeaving DNA in Prison.

For a while like fingerprints, criminals were not careful, but now they are and plan not to leave DNA.

experienced criminal with time, who left behind his victims mobile phone?a phone that was likely ringing/vibrating/lighting up with concerned family trying to find them, or at least,snapchat notifications pinging. Unless the phone was turned off. But still, he would have seen it filming him, why did he leave it behind?

CODIS
1. System Error

At CS
2 No unidentified DNA

Criminals learn how to avoid leaving DNA in prison.

For a while, like fingerprints, criminals were not careful, but now they are and make plans not to leave DNA.

I would add under CODIS these possibilities:

3. backlog processing samples
4. backlog entering processed information from samples into the database.

experienced criminal with time, who left behind his victims mobile phone?a phone that was likely ringing/vibrating/lighting up with concerned family trying to find them, or at least,snapchat notifications pinging. Unless the phone was turned off. But still, he would have seen it filming him, why did he leave it behind?
Yes.
MOO the risk of taking it would outweigh what is on it.

MOO his thinking woild be:

Being tracking vs. Not being tracked --

More MOO ... unlikely he would suspect there was a photo of him on the phone as he rushed them.

I don't doubt that Chadwell assaulted the girl as stated in the police report.

I do have questions, though. Why did Chadwell just let the police into his basement? Seems like he would do all he could to steer them away from finding out what he had been doing. How did he respond when the police discovered the girl?

I wonder if he has a split personality or went into some sort of *zone* when he did those horrible things to that poor girl.

Just my own opinion.
Yeah, I agree that it is strange/surprising for him to let LE in. But what was his other option? Refuse? That would put an instant target on his back. I think maybe at that point he was just hoping that they wouldn't go in the basement? I do wonder what kind of chain was on the door. I bet is was just a normal one that was put on the door to prevent young children from going down, or falling down, the stairs. The police didn't mention anything about having to get him to unlock the chain, but they wouldn't necessarily mention that, I suppose.

It does make you wonder what his "end game" was. Was he just counting on LE never having a reason to suspect him? Figured LE wasn't going to randomly search every house in the neighborhood? And by the time they did that, if they ever did that, it would be days later and she would be long gone?

Obviously, he didn't think this through very well, couldn't control his impulses, and/or his luck finally ran out. The first visit from LE, he had two choices. Say he'd seen her, or she'd been there earlier and she left. Or say he hadn't seen her. If someone else had seen her at his house, the second answer would have thrown up an immediate red flag to LE. Instead, I think he tried to be the friendly, helpful, concerned neighbor that had nothing to hide. Then when LE came back the second time, if he rufuses.....red flag. I think at that point he was just hoping they wouldn't go in the basement.

I am a bit surprised that he didn't try to resist arrest or flee at that point. Maybe he knew that option had a 99.7% chance of not working?

JMO

Last edited:
also, one of the girls was still alive i believe....so how experienced was that? feels sloppy to me

He got away successfully so ... I would say like all opportunists to rely on fortune favoring the bold rather than careful planning or even good decision making.
Just speed and surprise.

Last edited:
I think some pictures are taken with the back camera and some are taken with the front-facing camera which flips the image.

Yes, but both photos are selfies and presumably using the same camera.

The writing on his caps reads correctly in both the photo where you can see the right arm and in the one where you can see the left arm. If they were flipped relative to each other, wouldn't the cap writing be backwards in one of them?

It does seem odd that he would have the same ink on both arms.

Yeah, I agree that it is strange/surprising for him to let LE in. But what was his other option? Refuse? That would put an instant target on his back. I think maybe at that point he was just hoping that they wouldn't go in the basement? I do wonder what kind of chain was on the door. I bet is was just a normal one that was put on the door to prevent young children from going down, or falling down, the stairs. The police didn't mention anything about having to get him to unlock the chain, but they wouldn't necessarily mention that, I suppose.

It does make you wonder what his "end game" was. Was he just counting on LE never having a reason to suspect him? Figured LE wasn't going to randomly search every house in the neighborhood? And by the time they did that, if they ever did that, it would be days later and she would be long gone?

Obviously, he didn't think this through very well, couldn't control his impulses, and/or his luck finally ran out. The first visit from LE, he had two choices. Say he'd seen her, or she'd been there earlier and she left. Or say he hadn't seen her. If someone else had seen her at his house, the second answer would have thrown up an immediate red flag to LE. Instead, I think he tried to be the friendly, helpful, concerned neighbor that had nothing to hide. Then when LE came back the second time, is he rufuses.....red flag. I think at that point he was just hoping they wouldn't go in the basement.

I am a bit surprised that he didn't try to resist arrest or flee at that point. Maybe he knew that option had a 99.7% chance of not working?

JMO
He is a ex-con and the police must have known that by the time they returned.
JBC would know if he refused they would all stand there and wait for a warrant.
I think by then they had narrowed him down as her last known contact, and he was also likely impaired.

as an artist.. I feel like the suspect face shape and how BG appears in the video are not a close match.. it looks as bg has a heavier shorter face with possible wrinkles from sketch 1..
I think there is a chance that the two sketches are from different witness describing the same person. If so, it shows just how much of an inexact science that police sketches are. I'm not criticizing the process. I believe it is extremely difficult, and relies heavily on the memories and descriptive abilities of random citizens. I bet the googler has somewhere you can compare police sketches to actual perpatrators. I bet a lot of them are way, way, way off.

JMO

Good afternoon all!

Busy, busy day so I'm just now coming online.

I'm one that does believe they do have the DNA of who murdered the girls. The police never reveal what was found or what evidence they have nor should they ever do so.

It's extremely rare for any suspect who has close contact with any victims to come away without leaving something of themselves behind. I don't think this suspect will be the exception either as if he's some mastermind brainiac. Imo, he's not by a longshot. He's just been lucky like many suspects have in many unsolved cases until their luck runs out.

Imo, this was all done very quickly including his horrendous evil acts he perpetrated against them to him leaving quickly afterwards.

All below are my opinions only.

This guy matches the FBI profile better than other possible POIs in the past.

The sketch resembles him.

The voice may peek their interest when compared.

LE may know both cases are sexually motivated crimes. Imo, both are for the same motive.

LE has talked with witnesses again, and something they've told them is peeking their interest in him.

He kidnapped, brutalized, raped, and would have murdered another child if police officers hadn't saved her life.

His SM tracks may have things in them that causes concern for LE to suspect him.

What he may have done to the girls may have similarities to the one he kidnapped, and would have murdered.

Kidnapped victim is also a minor like A & L.

I could go on, and one, but I'll stop for now.

This is the way I look at it when it comes to linking him with the possible murders of these two precious young girls or not:

I have no doubt the police will hold a PC to tell the public if he is the suspect or not. It's taken years thus far for justice to come so I'm willing to patiently wait. Real life crime questions are never answered as quickly as we would like.

Until LE holds a PC to let us know one way or the other it gives me no reason not to hope that this case may be solved soon. It certainly isn't unheard of when a suspect is arrested for another offense it also winds up solving other unsolved cases.

I will wait, and see what happens while continuing to pray justice is very near for A&L, and their families.

Jmho

Last edited:
You don't just abduct a 9 yr old, assualt her and come close to killing her at aged 42 without having priors.

I'm thinking out loud here. DNA? LE never confirmed they had the perps DNA. Remember the boots that were taken away from the nearby, was it an abbatoir? I'm thinking that was maybe related to testing footprints at the scene.

I can't get past the feeling I get when I see him walk in the Inside Edition video but I don't know if I'm putting too much into that. I want this to be BG so bad but I don't want to jump to conclusions. There's so much out there about him that seems to fit, but I don't get a vibe from him that he is very smart. BG to me was smart, jeez they have him on film and his voice, I never thought we'd be here 4 years later not knowing who he is. I'm seeing he disguised himself, hence the 2 different artists impressions. Wore clothing he wouldn't normally, I think he then destroyed that evidence. If he was smart and prepared, he may not have left DNA, or they don't have a full profile.

Now I'm hanging on these words "According to Good Morning America, the sheriff says there are “several factors” causing authorities to look into Chadwell for the Delphi murders, but he didn’t specify what they were" James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Several factors.. I got
He looks like BG
He sounds like BG
He has a criminal history of violence, and now the 9yr old
He was in the area at the time of the murders?
The tattoo?

What else have we got that could be "several factors"? Or is this it?

OT:

Yeah! @skibaboo , great to 'see' you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members