Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has probably been mentioned eons ago but I have always wondered why the girls dates of death were different. AW's said February 14th, and LG's said February 13th.

I had read a long time ago a possible reason, but because there was no actual confirmation, I considered it a rumor at the time but now I am smh. I sure hope these girls get justice. :(

psycho killer.

look..it has to be very difficult to rape a 9 year old and I am sure he would have figured it out given more time... as much as you may like to say he cant perform..you don't know this to be true..also remember his first love is to hurt...this is his primary excitement ...the horror..the beating , the strangling of his victims.

the whole process is his sexual enjoyment...then he has his memories, his souvenirs , photos, video's...what ever all he has done.

mOO
BBM
Correct.
I am not saying that he "CAN'T" perform
Only that he didn't with his latest little victim per the AA and her statements.
I am positive the whole thrill of it all is the excitement he gets from the "control and terrorizing " his victims.
Yes, I do believe there are others.
IMO, he did not just start doing this type of assault this year.

This has probably been mentioned eons ago but I have always wondered why the girls dates of death were different. AW's said February 14th, and LG's said February 13th.

I had read a long time ago a possible reason, but because there was no actual confirmation, I considered it a rumor at the time but now I am smh. I sure hope these girls get justice. :(

I have searched high and low for the article(s) regarding this (it's in the media thread somewhere).

According to the families; one chose the date the girls went missing. The other family chose the date they were found. The dates were a personal choice for the obituaries and headstones. However; BOTH death certificates indicate 02/13/2017 as the date of death.

Carter has indicated numerous times (in various interviews) that both girls were murdered shortly after their abduction from the bridge. One girl did not live longer than the other.

I believe there were several rumor mills on social media indicating one girl lived through the night. This information was proven to be false. Hope this helps!

Perhaps especially so, if he served about a decade behind bars.

Maybe he was someone still getting to grips with the new technology?

It might not be a factor at all, but don't think that the perp that day considered the full evidentiary value of Libby's cell phone. JMO.
Or he didn’t realize he was being filmed.

or he realized even if he confiscated the phone, LE could retrieve the data so what the point in taking it and then having that damning piece of evidence on your possession. Or taking the time to destroy it for what? LE could get evidence from it anyways

It might not be a factor at all, but don't think that the perp that day considered the full evidentiary value of Libby's cell phone. JMO.

yes I think likely so ... it was one of those odd holes in the story that couldn’t be filled in satisfactorily with only speculation.

Then this character washed down the drainpipe of humanity’s sewer, with his long time away ... again - jackpot.

Not just the long stint behind bars of course. As always when it fits it seems over-determined ..... for ex there’s also BJC’s apparent personality so loathsome that technology for communication with others was pretty much irrelevant.

But the big evidentiary finding - the explanation for how he could’ve not known about the phone even tho he’s not 100 years old - was the needed basis for the rest. All JMO

It was on the FB page of one of the TV stations (Fox59?) where ISP 1st Sgt Holeman was asked if they believed the killer knew about or was aware of the significance of the cell phone. He replied that he didn't believe the killer knew, but then qualified that reply by saying that was strictly his personal opinion. That interview is in earlier threads, but I can't find it on the TV station's site now.

This was posted by him on FB the day after the murders. In my opinion, it is telling that he is using the ball as a sort of a gag. Subconscious imagery projection or maybe a conscious reference to possibly using a gag on L&A. That in combination with his statement in the post is chilling. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if Caldwell is BG, I don't think LE is in any hurry to bring charges. They may have a slam-dunk with the 9-year old's case, and this one may be much more iffy/circumstantial. They would need to prioritize which case would be prosecuted first, and which has the best chance of conviction. Perhaps even some leverage in one case with the other? He's in one place for a very long time now. MOO They will take their time to make the case and put it all together.... IF it is indeed him. We'll know, and most importantly the girls' families will know in due time.

Or he didn’t realize he was being filmed.

or he realized even if he confiscated the phone, LE could retrieve the data so what the point in taking it and then having that damning piece of evidence on your possession. Or taking the time to destroy it for what? LE could get evidence from it anyways
Libby had an iPhone right? Didn't I read or hear BP saying saved data on her phone was automatically saved the the cloud? In a earlier podcast maybe?

I've never had an iPhone so I'm unfamiliar with how they're set up.

Even if Caldwell is BG, I don't think LE is in any hurry to bring charges. They may have a slam-dunk with the 9-year old's case, and this one may be much more iffy/circumstantial. They would need to prioritize which case would be prosecuted first, and which has the best chance of conviction. Perhaps even some leverage in one case with the other? He's in one place for a very long time now. MOO They will take their time to make the case and put it all together.... IF it is indeed him. We'll know, and most importantly the girls' families will know in due time.
As much as I want to know NOW, I am settled in for a long wait. There is not statute of limitations on murder and he's behind bars - there is no rush.

I even wonder if they will wait until after the upcoming trial about the 9yo is finished to announce he's BG (if he is). If JBC is named as the Delphi murderer, it will be huge news and might be considered as affecting a potential jury pool in the 9yo case, idk. They might wait for that case to be concluded.

jmo

If there was plenty of DNA evidence from the crime scene and JBC has spent a bit of time in jail surely they would have his prints and dna and know by now or very soon whether he is responsible for the Delphi murders? Is there some express service on codis matching with cases like this?

My opinion is it's not him. I can't shake that comment from Supt Carter saying when this is figured out they will realise they were onto something at the start. I really believe it.

yes I think likely so ... it was one of those odd holes in the story that couldn’t be filled in satisfactorily with only speculation.

Then this character washed down the drainpipe of humanity’s sewer, with his long time away ... again - jackpot.

Not just the long stint behind bars of course. As always when it fits it seems over-determined ..... for ex there’s also BJC’s apparent personality so loathsome that technology for communication with others was pretty much irrelevant.

But the big evidentiary finding - the explanation for how he could’ve not known about the phone even tho he’s not 100 years old - was the needed basis for the rest. All JMO
I haven't given up on a possible Snapchat connection yet. We've seen that JBC cruised Tiktok, likely because that's where to find young people online these days. Back in 2017, the place to find young people was Snapchat. I'm not sure he saw the post of the girls on the bridge, of course, but I haven't forgotten about the possibility either.

Does anyone have the time of the SnapChat and the time Libby recorded BG handy? If he were nearby and saw the Snapchat, was there enough time for him to approach them on the bridge?

jmo

I haven't given up on a possible Snapchat connection yet. We've seen that JBC cruised Tiktok, likely because that's where to find young people online these days. Back in 2017, the place to find young people was Snapchat. I'm not sure he saw the post of the girls on the bridge, of course, but I haven't forgotten about the possibility either.

Does anyone have the time of the SnapChat and the time Libby recorded BG handy? If he were nearby and saw the Snapchat, was there enough time for him to approach them on the bridge?

jmo
MOO they would have been able to see a phone there.

jmo

The times we've seen reported are 2:07 (snapchat) and 2:30 (recording). The 2:30 comes from some of the billboards as last seen time for the suspect. moo

The times we've seen reported are 2:07 (snapchat) and 2:30 (recording). The 2:30 comes from some of the billboards as last seen time for the suspect. moo
Thank you! So if he were nearby - where there was internet reception - and he was scrolling through Snapchat to pass the time, he could have possibly seen the photo from the bridge, and he would recognize the bridge as he was right there. And then he could have proceeded to the bridge, entrapping his prey within that time frame.

Seeing JBC cruise Tiktok makes me think he does scroll through the current popular social media. In fact, we see a Tiktok video he made while sitting in his yard, so we know he uses social media outdoors. I don't think the leap is that big, but I understand others have dismissed any Snapchat connection.

jmo

If Caldwell isn't BG it seems to me that LE would want to waste no time to make that known to the public.. as a lot of people are assuming they have the monster BG and the Delphi case wouldn't get the coverage it had been getting. If the monster BG is still out there, he needs to be caught as soon as possible. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77