Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in both cases the profile was it was probably someone who was familiar with the area. Maybe that's a standard conclusion when they just don't know who it is.

Now, let us assume that it was the same killer in both cases. What this assumption should partially change would be the age of BG. If/assuming BG was 18 in 2017, it makes him 14-15 in 2013. And if, god forbid, by “18-40” LE meant the age in 2019, then 6 years earlier, the guy was 12? Unlikely.

Several things could be easily checked by the computer, I think. One, how many people, and names, moved from the vicinity of Evansdale to the vicinity of Delphi (or back) in 2013-2014. Just to look at the list of names.

Two, compare year by year all names in 30-mile vicinity of Evansdale, say, with the names in the vicinity of Delphi. (Maybe someone visited relatives, first in one place, and then they moved to the other one). Another option, going to school close to Evansdale and to college close to Delphi. Computer might do it fast with the proper algorithm.
Three, really compare names of workers and drivers of that hog plant near Evansdale (in 2013) and the one in Delphi - in 2017. Maybe something will unexpectedly match.

We would be happy to take a look but we need law enforcement to engage us…

In the end of 2018, there were posts on genealogy forums implying that “Delphi DNA” was planned to be sent to the Parabon. At that time, I was spending a lot of time on genealogy and Delphi was very far. (It became my interest merely as a genealogy project.) And then, in 2019, with that PC basically, the case becomes cold. We are chewing on the same bone for 2 years.

But such conversations- about DNA - don’t come out of nowhere. Why things don’t materialize is beyond my understanding.

Thank you! I will try and find it to have another look as to just where, what bank that area was on.

When I was looking at youtube the other month, I saw someone had a large amount of video footage taken from a TV helicopter, I believe on the 14th, while searching was in progress. I found it very interesting to see the whole area that way. I can probably find it on YT if you don't want to search. (Personally, I dislike YT but there's no avoiding it at times.)

There's also some interesting sat photos and security cameras on someone's "my research on the Delphi case" youtube video. That was the name; should be easy to find or I can dig it up for you.

I'm hoping neither of these violate TOS; both of those two are informational and don't name suspects or theories. The helicopter video just shows the scene in a lot of detail. The "my research" is almost all factual, though he does spend a bit of time shooting down some of the POI candidates, which I also found interesting. YMMV. Thanks! --ken

Wasn’t there cabins nearby? It’s possible the suspect was hiding out in a seasonal cabin, unfortunately it happens more than someone would think, our family cabin was squatted in often, ... I know they checked RLs property but did they check other houses or cabins in the area? Maybe even abandoned areas?
Jmo imo moo

Just recently I asked about deer stands; there was at least one in the area. It wasn't full coverage but I'm thinking someone might have hidden in it anyway. There was also a barn, if I recall correctly, and a "shack." I don't recall any LE/media discussion of the searches of those, but elsewhere we were just discussing how BG stayed unobserved during 3 hours at the trails. Was he seen? Or was he hiding? Or both, at different times? There are many many questions here.

When I was looking at youtube the other month, I saw someone had a large amount of video footage taken from a TV helicopter, I believe on the 14th, while searching was in progress. I found it very interesting to see the whole area that way. I can probably find it on YT if you don't want to search. (Personally, I dislike YT but there's no avoiding it at times.)

There's also some interesting sat photos and security cameras on someone's "my research on the Delphi case" youtube video. That was the name; should be easy to find or I can dig it up for you.

I'm hoping neither of these violate TOS; both of those two are informational and don't name suspects or theories. The helicopter video just shows the scene in a lot of detail. The "my research" is almost all factual, though he does spend a bit of time shooting down some of the POI candidates, which I also found interesting. YMMV. Thanks! --ken
Thanks again for info. I get HLN and CNN in my cable package but am finding only that Delphi two part special available on streaming services ( even YouTube now!) you have to pay monthly charge for. Just ridiculous. Don't know why the cable company even bothers carrying HLN when you can't rewatch a broadcast on demand, only online streaming. If you miss the airing or don't have it taped (or in my case did but had to switch out a bad DVR) you're out of luck finding a replay of it again except on pay for streaming channels with hefty monthly charges.

Thanks again for info. I get HLN and CNN in my cable package but am finding only that Delphi two part special available on streaming services ( even YouTube now!) you have to pay monthly charge for. Just ridiculous. Don't know why the cable company even bothers carrying HLN when you can't rewatch a broadcast on demand, only online streaming. If you miss the airing or don't have it taped (or in my case did but had to switch out a bad DVR) you're out of luck finding a replay of it again except on pay for streaming channels with hefty monthly charges.

It's available for me On Demand. I have Comcast/Xfinity.

Yes hopefully it is ok. I will also admit that my question about whether BG has large holes in the knee of his jeans and appears to be carrying something down the right side of his jeans, tablet like, comes from someone (OSTENSIBLY) working on the video. Now that confuses me as we have heard that the images cannot be improved further. My eyesight is not great so I was just wondering if anyone could see this in the normal video. It would be really significant imo a clue of sorts. If someone wanted to remain incognito and had other clothes would they really dress that way? It COULD fit with the phone being left at the scene idea someone who is reckless and just got lucky - though there would still be possibilities: i.e. the drifter theory some have held to be possible someone staying in the SHACK - a wily sort of perverted individual could probably see the possibilities of the bridge as a trap with even a single visit. I personally am attracted to the theory concerning a person who I don't want to point to but around which there are some intriguing synchronicities in terms of the 19th century poem about the creek, that poet's muse named Libby etc.....but realize that the solution is probably something simpler and more directly awful and less 'literary' or complex.

Last edited:
Yes hopefully it is ok. I will also admit that my question about whether BG has large holes in the knee of his jeans and appears to be carrying something down the right side of his jeans, tablet like, comes from someone (OSTENSIBLY) working on the video. Now that confuses me as we have heard that the images cannot be improved further. My eyesight is not great so I was just wondering if anyone could see this in the normal video. It would be really significant imo a clue of sorts. If someone wanted to remain incognito and had other clothes would they really dress that way? It COULD fit with the phone being left at the scene idea someone who is reckless and just got lucky - though there would still be possibilities: i.e. the drifter theory some have held to be possible someone staying in the SHACK - a wily sort of perverted individual could probably see the possibilities of the bridge as a trap with even a single visit. I personally am attracted to the theory concerning a person who I don't want to point to but around which there are some intriguing synchronicities in terms of the 19th century poem about the creek, that poet's muse named Libby etc.....but realize that the solution is probably something simpler and more directly awful and less 'literary' or complex.
https://www.delphilibrarydigital.com/uploads/1/0/3/4/103477448/1999_what_riley_saw_in_deer_creek.pdf :)

I’ve wondered this myself. With what little we do know, there could have been another person there even before Libby took the photo and who knows if that voice recording was of the guy in the photo or someone else!
I just cannot for the life of me understand why after 4 years LE won’t provide more details to the public. What is THAT all about? If it was my child who got murdered, I’d be screaming from the roof tops, solve this crime!!! If and when they ever do solve it, it will be so enlightening to learn LE’s reasoning for holding back information. IMO
The voice on audio belongs to the BG in the video, LE expressly said.

Ever since LE replaced the first photo with the second one, I’ve lost faith in just who we’re looking for. The first sketch, IMO resembles JBC or GK, especially when compared to the photo found on Libby’s cellphone, but after they posted the second sketch, I don’t know what to think.
In 2017 I had suspicions about one person, but the sketch #1 didn't match and I was searching for an accomplice with this bearded face. When sketch #2 was made public in 2019, finally the person, always present in my mind, and the sketch did match nearly 100%. (Since then I'm open minded re accomplice or not.)

Not sure what is allowed and what isn't but this copy of the 35 minute search video from RTV6 should be ok.

Yes, that appears to be the footage I was talking about! Thanks--I'll watch it again myself. I found it VERY helpful, after all the maps and diagrams, to actually SEE the areas of interest. Thanks! There appears to be a lot of nonsense about Delphi on youtube, even some of the tinfoil-helmet crowd make videos, but there's some really good material there, as well.

This didn't seem to be apparent to me until months or years later. Now, to me anyway, it is one of the oddest aspects of this crime. I don't know if someone saw the girls and LE has told them to be silent OR if no one other than the killer saw the girls that day. If it is the later, it makes me wonder that if Abigail and Liberty were not seen by anyone else, then is it possible none of the witnesses actually saw the killer at any time that day? IOW, is it possible that our only description of the killer lies in the grainy photo on the bridge and no where else?

Just my thoughts but I think the reason we don’t have information about people on the trail that day and people who saw the girls is all part of the information LE is not releasing in this case, and the reason we’re not hearing from the people themselves who were there is because of that closed-door meeting LE had with town residents a few days after the murders. I think they asked them please not to talk, and they haven’t. Now why this information needs to be so hush-hush I don’t know. I personally think LE needs to release a lot more information.
As far as why the killer would go ahead with the murders despite people being around for fear of being caught and getting the death penalty, I don’t think these kind of killers care about that at all. The death penalty and other punishments are no deterrent to them. They are focused on their need to kill.
Just my thoughts.

... Just my thoughts but I think the reason we don’t have information about people on the trail that day and people who saw the girls is all part of the information LE is not releasing in this case, and the reason we’re not hearing from the people themselves who were there is because of that closed-door meeting LE had with town residents a few days after the murders. I think they asked them please not to talk, and they haven’t. Now why this information needs to be so hush-hush I don’t know....

I think you're absolutely right about that. LE asked (told? ordered?) LE officers and the townspeople please not to discuss what was known or reported on the trails that day. I've always thought it rather amazing that so many people have (apparently, MOO) remained quiet all these years.

Which brings up the question: *WHY* have so many people remained voluntarily silent about events of the day? There must be SOME good reason, right? Ask 100 ordinary Americans to do something in the public interest and at least a couple of them will refuse, just out of contrariness, right? So there must be some truly significant information (IMO! MOO!) being repressed.

Whatever it is, LE thinks releasing it would not help find the killer(s), or they would have released it. Is it someone well known in town and they don't want evidence leaking out while they try to build a case? Was it one of those trail-camera clowns and they don't want to panic people who are afraid of clowns? This is just my guessing, but there must be some good reason that so many people have remained silent for so long.

I think you're absolutely right about that. LE asked (told? ordered?) LE officers and the townspeople please not to discuss what was known or reported on the trails that day. I've always thought it rather amazing that so many people have (apparently, MOO) remained quiet all these years.

Which brings up the question: *WHY* have so many people remained voluntarily silent about events of the day? There must be SOME good reason, right? Ask 100 ordinary Americans to do something in the public interest and at least a couple of them will refuse, just out of contrariness, right? So there must be some truly significant information (IMO! MOO!) being repressed.

Whatever it is, LE thinks releasing it would not help find the killer(s), or they would have released it. Is it someone well known in town and they don't want evidence leaking out while they try to build a case? Was it one of those trail-camera clowns and they don't want to panic people who are afraid of clowns? This is just my guessing, but there must be some good reason that so many people have remained silent for so long.

I can understand people cooperating early on by remaining silent, but after two or three years…I cannot imagine what is gained by that.
Just to find one or two people from Delphi that would talk not only about what they heard about that day, but what the prevailing rumors are around town would be earth shattering. Their silence is stunning and along with LE’s refusal to release information is downright shocking.

In the end of 2018, there were posts on genealogy forums implying that “Delphi DNA” was planned to be sent to the Parabon. At that time, I was spending a lot of time on genealogy and Delphi was very far. (It became my interest merely as a genealogy project.) And then, in 2019, with that PC basically, the case becomes cold. We are chewing on the same bone for 2 years.

But such conversations- about DNA - don’t come out of nowhere. Why things don’t materialize is beyond my understanding.

IMO if they had DNA and sent it to whoever to do genetic genealogy research and it came back as some random person who was not involved at all (like female DNA or a 12 year old or a 90 year old), they wouldn't come out and say "we tested our only DNA and it was useless!" They would just keep quiet and let us (and BG) wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa