Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #139

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly he doesn't have any photos of himself from 2017 (at least on fb) or maybe I just can't see them. The hoodie picture .. maybe .. I wish it was a full length, front facing picture. lol

There has to be a photo of him from Feb 2017 - one of his buddies must be willing to sell the photo to the tabloids for tens of thousands of dollars. Dailymail would pay that in the blink of an eye.

I’d view it as indication of lying, and a slap in the face. But they just let him go for 5 years?

He was questioned in Feb 2017 and arrested in Aug. 2020. I'm thinking they were not able to retrieve the evidence off of his phone until a couple of months before his arrest. I can't even imagine how frustrated they were.

He was questioned in Feb 2017 and arrested in Aug. 2020. I'm thinking they were not able to retrieve the evidence off of his phone until a couple of months before his arrest. I can't even imagine how frustrated they were.

The question is - why did police interview this man 10 days after the murder? Is that because he had a history with sexually assaulting girls, or because he was connected to the murder through evidence at the scene of the murder?

If he is guilty, and he wiped devices clean in the 10 days between the murder and the interview, how long until they looked at him again?

I am trying to remember this. I am thinking I remember this being discussed on WS. Haven't there been several child *advertiser censored*/ pedophile arrests in the Delphi area since the murders of Abby and Libby? I wonder if any information about this case came from things found in these arrests.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread but the timeline in the affidavit points to this. Investigators met with prosecutors to begin charging him only 6 days after the digital forensics report was delivered to the lead investigator in 2020. Additionally, the affidavit mentions several of the examined devices were secured via PIN codes (Nowhere does it say that KAK provided investigators with the PINs to unlock the devices). The file paths for all the chat logs and photos described in the affidavit also begin with "Cellebrite" which is a company that specializes in digital forensics software for law enforcement use. (some software products they sell are specifically used for unlocking iPhones).

I mentioned this earlier in the thread but the timeline in the affidavit points to this. Investigators met with prosecutors to begin charging him only 6 days after the digital forensics report was delivered to the lead investigator in 2020. Additionally, the affidavit mentions several of the examined devices were secured via PIN codes (Nowhere does it say that KAK provided investigators with the PINs to unlock the devices). The file paths for all the chat logs and photos described in the affidavit also begin with "Cellebrite" which is a company that specializes in digital forensics software for law enforcement use. (some software products they sell are specifically used for unlocking iPhones).

Thank you! Do you have any idea of why it would take so long for law enforcement to get their hands on that software? Is it a new software that just came out? or does it just typically take that long to get a report back?

Do you have the link to that affidavit handy?

Thank you!

1:00 - 1:30 PM: dropped off at trailhead by Libby's sister
2:07 PM: snapchat from Libby of suspect
3:00 - 3:30 PM: pickup from Libby's sister
5:30 PM: girls reported missing
6:49 PM: searchers in the area

Sunset was at 6:17 PM. They were probably dead around that time. Perhaps he was driving home by 6:20, arriving at 7 PM.

sunset peru indiana Feb 13 2017 - Google Search

I have read that abduction victims are usually dead within the hour, as with Molley Tibbetts, but if a pedophile murderer know that he has time with the victims, would he take more time?

If he abducted them at 2:15 PM, they walked to the scene of the murder in the next 20-30 minutes, the sun went down at 6:15 PM, he had four hours to assault, murder, clean up, get to his car and then drive the 40 minutes home.

Not sure if KK killed them, i think he was more of a witness, but if he did, he probably took some time to videotape the bodies, in order to sell the video on Dark Web. MOO.

Is there a criminal history for this suspect? Was it petty sex crimes over a few years, or did he fly under the radar?

I'm guessing that he wasn't entirely under the radar, and that he was initially detained not due to evidence, but due to a sex offender history in a sex offender sweep of the region.

Will read the affidavit in the morning for details.

Is there a criminal history for this suspect? Was it petty sex crimes over a few years, or did he fly under the radar?

I'm guessing that he wasn't entirely under the radar, and that he was initially detained not due to evidence, but due to a sex offender history in a sex offender sweep of the region.

I suspect evidence from LGs phone showed a contact with Anthony_shots and warrants were then sent to Instagram and Snapchat. Using data garnered, they sent a warrant to Comcast for a physical address.

All of that is in the PCW. Most of the dirty business is redacted, thankfully.

Yes that’s when the devices were seized but by the affidavit, it would seem it took some time for the data including text, photos and videos to be extracted by Cellebrite. That duration of time required to figure out how to unlock the devices and then put together all the fragments found in the deleted data may be why he wasn’t charged until 2020, that’s when the work was completed, the evidence available? I don’t know, just speculating.
That's my understanding as well.

It’s confusing.

The affidavit lists a Samsung Galaxy SS, which was collected during the search (page 30) but refers to it as an iphone, possibly in error -
This iPhone was named “Kline Photography” and was factory reset on approximately February 23, 201 7. Kegan would’ve been 22 years 01d at this time.

Then the one he later turned over to police -
Apple iPhone 5c (page 33)
This phone was named Kegan’s phone and was the phone he turned in t0 the Indiana State Police. The phone was last utilized on approximately 02/27/2017. Kegan would’ve been 22 years 01d at this time. This device was secured with a PIN code.

https://www.wishtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Kegan-Anthony-Kline-PC.pdf

My question would be how does LE know he turned over all the cellphones OR is that why now they’re seeking anybody who communicated with anthony_shots, to determine if there were other devices involved?
I have been looking everywhere for the Kline Photography connection I found a couple of days ago. Thank you!

I've been wondering if the photography aspect is what drew Libby's interest. I'm not discounting what she thought he looked like but it could be what they talked about. A mutually shared interest might have given her a false sense of security.

IMO, he was sharing, and perhaps being paid for, everything he collected on the girls he interacted with.

From the affidavit:

"He advised he saved their pictures to his gallery. During his interview, [KAK] stated he was *advertiser censored**ed and he should’ve left. [KAK] advised he packed another bag and took it to Las Vegas. and [KAK] returned from Las Vegas on February 25, 2017. He stated he was going tO leave When his dad was asleep."

Just what does this mean? So he had been in Vegas, and only on the 25th knew he was in trouble with the law, saying he was *advertiser censored**ed, yet he packed another bag and brought it to Vegas and was going to go back when his dad was asleep? Or was he planning to leave from Vegas when his dad was asleep, but didn't?

Either way, that makes it sound like he knew he was *advertiser censored**ed even before he went to Vegas. Do we have a date when they left?
bbm
I'm stumbling over the "another bag". Was there a certain bag speaken of and then later there was ANOTHER bag?? What does it mean? If we hadn't heard of a man, who was walking with a bag in the Delphi case, I wouldn't ask.

I remembered that in an old thread I had read a post that had some critical info just prior and immediately after the Feb 13,2017 date.

I then did a copy paste of a post by Yemelyam. Included are a link to her July 2020 post in thread #124
In it are details like Libby had been pestering Kelsey to take her to the bridge. Also that LE investigated social media from the beginning. Anna Williams described how police collected all electronic devices on the night of the 13th and started going through them looking for evidence of a meetup. Finally Libby's aunt Tara helped her with the physical re-set of her phone. So this was not a wiping of the phone done in secret, it was perhaps suggested by and definitely assisted by adults in Libby's life.
Teenagers are often telling their aunties a lot more than their grandmas, I have heard. ;)

Kegan-Anthony-Kline-PC.pdf (wishtv.com)

Interesting at Page 30 of the Probable Cause Affadavit when describing the search of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and google searches made on it between 23rd Feb and 25th Feb 2017, there is this sentence:

"Web searches were recovered 0n this device. These searches included information on (blacked out) or (blacked out) . Below is a sample of terms the user searched using Google."

If you count the spacing for text that is blacked out, "Delphi" fits perfectly in to blacked out space one and "Monon High Bridge" fits perfectly in to blacked out space two.

Pure speculation on my part of course as there are plenty of other words, unrelated, which could also fit there.

bbm
I'm stumbling over the "another bag". Was there a certain bag speaken of and then later there was ANOTHER bag?? What does it mean? If we hadn't heard of a man, who was walking with a bag in the Delphi case, I wouldn't ask.
I'm curious about the other bag, too. My impression is he knew he was in trouble long before LE even showed up with their search warrant. I think he was going to take off. Jmo.

Now that we know it was most likely catfishing, and not some random man who happened to be on the bridge (over-dressed for weather, hunched down, fake raspy voice) at the same moment the girls were on the bridge, we can look at the big picture differently. His primary contact with Libby prior to the murders was virtual, their planned meeting was the day before Valentines day (coincidentally the 13th day of the month, like Evansdale).

He planned to be there, he planned to commit murder of Libby and whatever friend was with her. He planned where to murder them. He planned a quick getaway - as criminals do - so his car was nearer to the bodies.

He knew he was going to walk across the creek and knew that he wanted to keep his feet dry. He knew that if they ran down the hill before him they could run in different directions to get away. He knew that if they ran down the hill before him they could run away together except if he had a gun. That would stop them in their tracks and they would comply - believing that compliance would buy them enough time to get away later.

How did a supposed catfishin' BG get the girls, guarantee the girls, would be on the bridge? For the entire stated scenario to play out, the girls being on, or over the bridge is imperative. If he were making plans with one of the girls to meet up, would he have said meet me half way across the bridge? Meet me on the other side of the bridge? When I see you in the middle of the bridge I'll come out of hiding? When you post a snapchat photo from the bridge I'll appear? We can meet right on the bridge and take photo's together?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member