Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #139

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Do you have any idea of why it would take so long for law enforcement to get their hands on that software? Is it a new software that just came out? or does it just typically take that long to get a report back?

It’s not technically “new” software, though the ability for Cellebrite software to recover deleted files and restore data from factory reset phones has vastly improved in recent years. It was once these capabilities were good enough that local LE got the go-ahead to purchase/license/use the (fairly expensive) software in, IIRC, early 2020.

How did a supposed catfishin' BG get the girls, guarantee the girls, would be on the bridge? For the entire stated scenario to play out, the girls begin on, or over the bridge is imperative. If he were making plans with one of the girls to meet up, would he have said meet me half way across the bridge? Meet me on the other side of the bridge? When I see you in the middle of the bridge I'll come out of hiding? When you post a snapchat photo from the bridge I'll appear? We can meet right on the bridge and take photo's together?
And then that "girl talk" on the recording may have been about the guy on the bridge wasn't the right guy they thought they were meeting.
Young teen "girl talk" is most likely about guys. Just saying.

We don't know why police interviewed this suspect 10 days after the murders. Perhaps it was a routine inquiry into known pedophiles in the area. Today, we know that police have revisited earlier interviews and may have found a link to the murders.

It's in the affidavit:

While working ISP case <redacted> the FBI sent information to the ISP Cyber Crimes unit that an adult male was
soliciting female juveniles utilizing the social media platforms, Snapchat and Instagram. The adult male was using the username anthony_shots.

https://www.wishtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Kegan-Anthony-Kline-PC.pdf

Then we have this, where Saturday is 2017/02/25, which is the same date as the affidavit.

FBI searched a home in Peru Saturday in connection to the killings of two Delphi teenagers.

The name of a man who lives at the Peru home on Canal Street had came up during the ongoing investigation into the homicides of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams, said FBI Special Agent Bob Ramsey.

FBI searches Peru home, finds no link to Delphi killings

In a scenario where KAK is BG, I could see him luring them to the bridge through a shared interest in photography. He could tell her he was going to be in town for a while and he'd really appreciate it if maybe she could show him where the best shots of the creek were. Maybe he said to meet him at the south end? Or whatever...

I was not at all thinking KAK is BG until I saw mention of him owning a gun and then his FB pic of a plump wrist with a watch on the right side. If we find a pic of him in 2017 where he's thinner, I'll consider him a good suspect.

In a scenario where KAK is BG, I could see him luring them to the bridge through a shared interest in photography. He could tell her he was going to be in town for a while and he'd really appreciate it if maybe she could show him where the best shots of the creek were. Maybe he said to meet him at the south end? Or whatever...

I was not at all thinking KAK is BG until I saw mention of him owning a gun and then his FB pic of a plump wrist with a watch on the right side. If we find a pic of him in 2017 where he's thinner, I'll consider him a good suspect.

This is what I'm getting at. So, might he have said something like "you mean Abby's never been across the bridge? Well, I'll meet ya'll out there on the bridge at 2:30 and we'll get pictures of her, it'll be awesome!"

The meetup place would almost have to be specific to being on, or over, the bridge.

Maybe that's why the girls seem to have been loitering around on the bridge, taking pictures, etc.

How did a supposed catfishin' BG get the girls, guarantee the girls, would be on the bridge? For the entire stated scenario to play out, the girls being on, or over the bridge is imperative. If he were making plans with one of the girls to meet up, would he have said meet me half way across the bridge? Meet me on the other side of the bridge? When I see you in the middle of the bridge I'll come out of hiding? When you post a snapchat photo from the bridge I'll appear? We can meet right on the bridge and take photo's together?

Just my thoughts, but I think maybe there was just a blanket agreement to try and meet up that day. Since the girls couldn’t drive themselves they couldn’t totally commit to being there at a specific time or there at all.
I think BG said he would be there from say noon to 3:00pm and he hoped they could join him. The girls were trying to arrange a ride and finally succeeded.
BG recognized the girls and followed them. Libby and Abby did not recognize him since they were expecting the cute boy model, which is why they were unnerved seeing this “creepy” guy coming toward them and filmed him.
Just my thoughts on it.

It’s not technically “new” software, though the ability for Cellebrite software to recover deleted files and restore data from factory reset phones has vastly improved in recent years. It was once these capabilities were good enough that local LE got the go-ahead to purchase/license/use the (fairly expensive) software in, IIRC, early 2020.

Thank you so much for explaining that!

It’s truly refreshing to see the family seems quite optimistic over this latest development in the case, I’d say much more so than over the announcement of the arrest of JBC.

“Indiana State Police want to hear from anyone who may have had social media contact with someone using the profile name "anthony_shots." Investigators say the profile is connected to the Delphi investigation.

“It’s another step in the case, you know, and I think it’s a big one,” Patty said, adding he hasn’t read the Miami County court documents linking the profile name to a Peru man, Kegan Anthony Kline….”
Delphi murder victims' families hopeful for new progress in case | wthr.com

Last edited:
Just my thoughts, but I think maybe there was just a blanket agreement to try and meet up that day. Since the girls couldn’t drive themselves they couldn’t totally commit to being there at a specific time or there at all.
I think BG said he would be there from say noon to 3:00pm and he hoped they could join him. The girls were trying to arrange a ride and finally succeeded.
BG recognized the girls and followed them. Libby and Abby did not recognize him since they were expecting the cute boy model, which is why they were unnerved seeing this “creepy” guy coming toward them and filmed him.
Just my thoughts on it.
This is a believable scenario, imo. I think if there was a planned meetup at all, it would have had to be more of a blanket agreement, like you said, because there was no guarantee the girls would be there. I do have a few issues with the meetup idea, though.
  • Kelsi said she was on the phone with her boyfriend when she dropped them off, which was at 1:38pm. The SC photo was at 2:07pm (if that timestamp is accurate). That's almost a half hour it took the girls to get to and half-way across the bridge. That's a dawdling pace. Did they not have a specific place picked out to meet up, so they were waiting around before finally sending the signal bridge photo? If the plan was to meet at the bridge, why take so long to get there? Or, if they had a specific time planned, why such a short time when DG was picking them up around 3/3:30pm?
  • If the girls were planning this meetup, and/or the guy walking across the bridge didn't look like the model they were expecting, why was none of this discussed in their girl talk enough for LE to recognize immediately they were planning a meeting?
  • Kelsi said the girls had been bugging her to take them to the bridge for days. Was BG available to hang around and wait for them to maybe come for days?
The good thing is that IF there was a meetup planned despite the issues I've mentioned, LE has to have a digital trail. There would be no way that the girls could plan something that far in advanced, with an open-ended date, without some kind of communication with BG. These are just my thoughts as of today...

Last edited:
I can imagine so many scenarios..and one where he tells libby she can bring her friend..and another where he tells an associate there are two girls and that one associate is also showing up and waiting there maybe down the hill..

they were set up and it's just sickening. the laws, courts, system need to quit spitting these people back out into society..there should be a minimum like 40-60 years. even for solicitation. mOO

The question is - why did police interview this man 10 days after the murder? Is that because he had a history with sexually assaulting girls, or because he was connected to the murder through evidence at the scene of the murder?

If he is guilty, and he wiped devices clean in the 10 days between the murder and the interview, how long until they looked at him again?

FBI searches Peru house regarding Delphi killings, nothing found | WTTV CBS4Indy

"FBI agents searched a Peru home after receiving information regarding the killings of two Delphi teens." That sentence stood out to me. Of course it could just be how the writer phrased it, but it seems like direct information, a tip.

Police continue investigation of several ‘people of interest’ a month into Delphi murder investigation | Fox 59

I just posted this article because in that picture BG looks pretty heavy. Not 325 lbs, but like the body type that could get there. We have always assumed a lot of layers or weapons bulked up his top half, but that might not be the case.

Last edited:
And then that "girl talk" on the recording may have been about the guy on the bridge wasn't the right guy they thought they were meeting.
Young teen "girl talk" is most likely about guys. Just saying.
if this was the case.. why did LE deny the catfishing or internet connection earlier ??!!
they totally denied any online connection

I can imagine so many scenarios..and one where he tells libby she can bring her friend..and another where he tells an associate there are two girls and that one associate is also showing up and waiting there maybe down the hill..

they were set up and it's just sickening. the laws, courts, system need to quit spitting these people back out into society..there should be a minimum like 40-60 years. even for solicitation. mOO

Yeah, this is also where State Police has opportunity to be doing a better job of educating the public. The thing about teens getting caught up in a fake catfishing scam is unfortunately when embarrassment, shame or victim blaming is associated to it, then it’s doesn’t get talked about much. We’ve even saw how that happens on this thread. It’s never the victim’s fault!

Indiana seeing a rise in catfish scams | WANE 15
“The Hoosier State is seeing a surge in romance scams, this according to a study done by Social Catfish shows that Indiana is 15th on the list.

“About 80% of the people we talked to didn’t even know this was a possibility,” said President and CEO of Social Catfish David McClellan. “Indiana was the top 30% of all scams. It’s definitely not an award to be proud of.”..”

if this was the case.. why did LE deny the catfishing or internet connection earlier ??!!
they totally denied any online connection

I have never, ever noticed LE denying a connection, it’s just that they never confirmed it and how could they, without the case being solved? I’d be really interested if anyone has a link supporting your statement. I posted a couple snippets yesterday where it was stated LE was looking into social media but that’s all that was said. We now know for sure that much was true.

I keep coming back to what the FBI has on their poster:

UNKNOWN SUSPECT — FBI
Age: Approximately 18 to 40 years old but may appear younger Hair: Reddish-brown
Height: 5'6" to 5'10"
Weight: 180 to 200 pounds
Sex: Male
Race: White

The age and weight range changed with the new sketch, but the hair color did not. How can LE be so sure about the hair color unless they have a reliable witness(es), hair evidence, or video footage? Shifting suspects apparently did not alter the hair evidence, whatever that might be.

KK does not fit the height, weight, or hair color, imo.

I truly believe that if KK was in communications with L or A at some earlier date, that information was shared/sold to the killer, who has reddish-brown hair, is a closer match to the description, and lives more local to Delphi.

While we have the affidavit showing that discussions about links was shared via Dropbox, we have no idea if images/addresses were downloaded to an external source, like a flash drive, and delivered via mail or by hand. We don't know if L or A were ever even in contact with the killer. Jmo.

I keep coming back to what the FBI has on their poster:

UNKNOWN SUSPECT — FBI
Age: Approximately 18 to 40 years old but may appear younger Hair: Reddish-brown
Height: 5'6" to 5'10"
Weight: 180 to 200 pounds
Sex: Male
Race: White

The age and weight range changed with the new sketch, but the hair color did not. How can LE be so sure about the hair color unless they have a reliable witness(es), hair evidence, or video footage? Shifting suspects apparently did not alter the hair evidence, whatever that might be.

KK does not fit the height, weight, or hair color, imo.

I truly believe that if KK was in communications with L or A at some earlier date, that information was shared/sold to the killer, who has reddish-brown hair, is a closer match to the description, and lives more local to Delphi.

While we have the affidavit showing that discussions about links was shared via Dropbox, we have no idea if images/addresses were downloaded to an external source, like a flash drive, and delivered via mail or by hand. We don't know if L or A were ever even in contact with the killer. Jmo.

I agree, I think we’re still on the track of an imaginary one guy planned meetup while the documentation released pertaining KAK really doesn’t support that, square hole, round peg kind of thing. Meanwhile the dropbox outrightly points toward his sharing of files.

For me the specific mention of the dropbox strongly suggests his involvement in a pedophilic circle and so determining who the members were will be LEs challenge, hopefully they are getting somewhere. If KAK not only shared files but the p/w for anthony_shots, any recipient could communicate with A or L and they’d have no reason to not know it wasn’t the same good looking, rich boy.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member