Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #139

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98 (Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113 Thread #114 Thread #115 Thread #116 Thread #117 Thread #118 Thread #119 Thread #120 Thread #121 Thread #122 Thread #123
Thread #124 Thread #125 Thread #126 Thread #127 Thread #128 Thread #129 Thread #130 Thread #131 Thread #132 Thread #133 Thread #134 Thread #135 Thread #136 Thread #137 Thread #138

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video

Grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

NOTE - per Tricia and Sillybilly’s 5.28.2021 post here, JBC as a poi is now open for discussion in the Delphi thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Theorizing based on some known fact sourced from MSM or LE is fine, but there is no known fact to substantiate speculation about catfishing. Please move on from that discussion.

Also, a few reminders from TOS:

It is WS preferred policy to use initials only for anyone other than victims or perps.

If you have questions about rules or moderation, please do not ask them on the thread. Just private message a Mod or Admin for clarification.

Rumors are not allowed. If you can't link information to Websleuths approved sources, do NOT post it with "I read it somewhere" or "I'll find the link later ...".

Before you post something make sure what you are stating is FACT as we know it from MSM, LE or another approved Websleuths source.

Sleuthing or discussing RSOs just because they are on the registry is not allowed. A thread specific exception may be made by Tricia or an Admin depending on geographical location in relation a crime.

Photo alterations or side-by-side comparisons are not allowed.

ISP seeks information about online profile in Delphi investigation

Excerpt:
The online profile named “anthony_shots” was being used from 2016 to 2017 on social media apps such as Snapchat and Instagram.

Detectives say the creator of this fictitious profile used images of a known male model, and portrayed himself as being wealthy and owning sports cars.

wow… so there is “more”?

I think there's SO much more. Their goal now, in my opinion, is to build a rock-solid case. This latest development is to gather witnesses to validate and corroborate and expand on what they already know to put the nail in the coffin. I hope it yields some results!

oh my goodness. total speculation but he very well could have been starting in Alaska targeting girls then moved on to the girls in Indiana , any similar unsolved cases in Alaska?

Alaska seems like an attempt from the creator of the account to distance themselves as far away as possible, which seems like someone young would do. I would be shocked if the creator is NOT a teenager.

Great observation about the timing of the LE message. I also thought the background looked messily (hurriedly?) put up behind the information officer.

The fact that anthony_shots IG profile is still up and hasn’t been removed by the user…

I think things are going to happen fast from here on out.

From my lips to God’s ears.

MOO

I think there's SO much more. Their goal now, in my opinion, is to build a rock-solid case. This latest development is to gather witnesses to validate and corroborate and expand on what they already know to put the nail in the coffin. I hope it yields some results!

This is the most encouraging development in years, and that includes the last press conference.

This is the most encouraging development in years, and that includes the last press conference.
If the girls were being catfished by this guy, why would it take almost 5 years to find the communicAtions between them? Could they have been encrypted snapchats that were deleted, and the FBI recovered them somehow?

If the girls were being catfished by this guy, why would it take almost 5 years to find the communicAtions between them? Could they have been encrypted snapchats that were deleted, and the FBI recovered them somehow?

The girls may not have been catfished by him. It could be he communicated about the murders via social media to someone else and LE want to talk to that person for more info.

They released the info at 9:30pm est. Why? Someone may be in custody and they have to.charge him or release soon? Maybe a warrant is expiring soon? Maybe in a 72hr mental health hold? Odd time. After evening news and after a lot of older folks already in bed. Good time to catch young moms who just got kids down or to catch young people LG and AWs age just getting off work or college kids from classes.

There was a.comment by Kelsi in a FB group saying LE knew about the profile for awhile. No specific timeline given.

it sounds like the user completely ditched the account around the time of the murders occurred, so yes it would be a little harder trying to find a real person from a catfish that could be using encrypted or WiFi and maybe even ditched whatever device said account was linked to. It’sa little harder tracking down a fake person thru their digital footprint. Hopefully they get this!!!
Imo jmo speculation

One of my sons is a news producer, and I was asking him about the timing of this bulletin. His response was that anything released that late is:
1) either urgent or breaking news
2) intentionally trying get it under the radar to avoid a newscast
3) incompetence
4) they were waiting on confirmation on a detail or approval from a higher-up…or he suggested they may have been waiting for the model in those pictures to give them permission to post his pictures

He felt in this situation it would probably be 1) or 4).

I just can't fathom that being how it went down. I think they found this on the suspect's end, as it should have been discovered years ago if it was on theirs.

One hypothetical would be a search warrant being executed on the home of a suspect in this (Delphi), or even a completely unrelated crime.

That person's devices are searched, and there are saved communications on social media platforms using this particular username/set of stolen photos.

That would potentially lead you to the girls, but you still want to develop a timeline and establish a certain MO.

Has anyone watched the tv show Catfish? I would watch it with my niece who was getting to the age of talking to boys online, in the show people go very great lengths to hide who they really are to talk to people such as stealing images of random people and claim to be them, plenty of these catfish actually know the person that they are fishing, I’ve seen on plenty on how these situations can go south real quick to on ID channel too. Sometime a catfish is never found, but I think LE is definitely on to something, the perp is going to be really stressing now.

imo jmo moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member