Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #143

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe something to consider:

Since the Anthony Shots profile was revealed, I don't see any appeals to the public for information on the killers identity. There are no more directives about watching the video, the killers movements , or if anyone recognizes the voice.
They are only asking for people to share information about contacts with the AS profile.

To me, it seems like they no longer need certain types of information.
They already have it.

JMO MOO AMOO

Great observation!

Which LE was it that said the BG voice was familiar?

That LEO would be Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby.

"I know that voice but just can’t put a name with the voice."

My take on it was that Tobe was trying to spook the suspect into believing Tobe would soon be able to remember the name that goes with the voice from Libby's recording but that's only a guess.

That LEO would be Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby.

"I know that voice but just can’t put a name with the voice."

My take on it was that Tobe was trying to spook the suspect into believing Tobe would soon be able to remember the name that goes with the voice from Libby's recording but that's only a guess.
I think, he indeed remembered the voice, but honestly couldn't remember the source. Who knows, if I could help him. ;) Maybe, he made the experience, when he was off duty. Or not.

Agree. This is actually some of the things about this case that I find very weird (among many other things) - the communication from LE, and DC in particular. With all these snippets of hints and eluding information, I sometimes get the feeling that this is one of these movies, where you are served snippets of information throughout the movie, some which are relevant and some which are irrelevant, and while watching you try to put the pieces together and guess who the killer is. That makes me feel sad cause this is not a TV show, something horrible happened here to real people.
Where I am from LE will never communicate like this. They will give Press conference with only the facts that they can share and they never share their speculations. They will usually not give interviews to media while the active investigation is ongoing.
Is this LE communication common in the US or uniqe to this case?

I have never known a case in the UK where a detective/officer has given interviews hinting at tantalising information only they are privy too and yet still be virtually in the same place 5 years later. Any information relating to the case tends to be facts and figures and that's it.

I don't know what it is about Doug Carter but he just doesn't fill me with any confidence at all in regards to this case. He tends to say a lot in interviews without saying anything at all. 5 years later and we're still getting the same soundbites.

I honestly just think this is due to LE wanting to keep the case in the public eye but unwilling/unable to give any new information. So while DC does occasionally say "I'm not going to answer that", he can't respond like that with every question or the stories wouldn't run and the case would get less and less attention that is "controlled" by LE.

I honestly just think this is due to LE wanting to keep the case in the public eye but unwilling/unable to give any new information. So while DC does occasionally say "I'm not going to answer that", he can't respond like that with every question or the stories wouldn't run and the case would get less and less attention that is "controlled" by LE.

Perhaps. But I don’t think their strategy is working or has ever worked tbh. Their play with the sketches has also been an unmitigated disaster. I think this case has been poorly managed from the day and hour it started. Just my opinion of course.

Perhaps. But I don’t think their strategy is working or has ever worked tbh. Their play with the sketches has also been an unmitigated disaster. I think this case has been poorly managed from the day and hour it started. Just my opinion of course.

Agreed that it doesn't appear to be working and the sketches are an absolute disaster. I just hope that behind the scenes it's not as chaotic, we're just not privy to that.

In the beginning, many posters, not including myself, felt BG was an older guy because they felt he was wearing grandpa jeans.

In actuality, the girth of BG forced him to purchase jeans that would fit his midriff making the length too long forcing the legs of the jeans to bunch up around the knees and ankles. His jeans were not the popular skinny fit rather they are for what I'll call jeans for a Big Dude.

In any case, I think BG wore jeans that he wouldn't mind tossing in case any blood could not be washed out of them. I've heard meat tenderizer helps remove dried blood but have never needed to try it. All of that bulge of the buttons on the blue jacket, and where it kinda hangs over his jeans, is due to being chubby and not because he's carrying a puppy or copious amounts of killing supplies.

I don't think he needed more than a firearm for control, a knife for the dirty deeds and perhaps zip ties to bind the girls together until they reached the kill spot. All items that would easily fit inside his pockets.

If KAK shopped at WalMart, the closest locations to Peru are in Wabash and Logansport with either being about a 20 minute drive. At least one of the witnesses claimed he was wearing a scarf that partially covered his face. That may be why the 2nd sketch does not have the facial hair of the 1st sketch. Could this scarf be the white thingy we see in the image?

View attachment 334146

Saturday afternoon musings and speculations only

Indiana police REFUSE to say if suspect accused of killing April Tinsely is linked to other deaths | Daily Mail Online

I'm right there with you on this. This big dude had to wear big pants and they bunched up in the bottom as a result. He could easily have had zip ties in his pocket (which I hadn't considered before!). He could have controlled easily just by showing them a gun, or telling them he had one. When Jacob Wetterling was abducted back in the late 80's, the abductor came upon Jacob, his best friend and his sibling and ordered them off their bikes. He used an unloaded revolver to scare the boys into quick compliance. It could have been that simple in this case. The killer could have used an unloaded gun to gain compliance. :(

What baffles me is that multiple agencies got involved from the beginning including the FBI, and YET the mismanagement still occurred. And maybe is even still occurring to this day. Though I’d like to think not, but I’m still not convinced.
So although the Delphi local LE had never had a case like this one, most, if not all of the other agencies did. And if that’s the case then why is the case still being handled so poorly?! It can’t be blamed on ignorance anymore. So what is it? Ego? Pride? What?!?
I find this case to be very frustrating. I cannot even begin to think of how the families feel.

JMVHO. M()()

What baffles me is that multiple agencies got involved from the beginning including the FBI, and YET the mismanagement still occurred. And maybe is even still occurring to this day. Though I’d like to think not, but I’m still not convinced.
So although the Delphi local LE had never had a case like this one, most, if not all of the other agencies did. And if that’s the case then why is the case still being handled so poorly?! It can’t be blamed on ignorance anymore. So what is it? Ego? Pride? What?!?
I find this case to be very frustrating. I cannot even begin to think of how the families feel.

JMVHO. M()()
“Ego and pride”, that ship has sailed. IMO So what else could it possibly be?

Which LE was it that said the BG voice was familiar?

“I Know That Voice,” Says Sheriff Tobe Leazenby
renderTimingPixel.png

County Sheriff answers double homicide questions from readers - Carroll County Comet

Yes! I own several. They're called infinity scarves. A couple of mine have a small pocket inserted into the seam so an ID or debit card can be placed inside. BG could have carried some type of tool or anything, really, inside a pocket of his scarf, if it had one. I also agree the scarf has a subtle pattern in the fabric.
My opinion , it was a black with white skull face balaclava neck gator, that he had on his neck. It would have been available to pull up within seconds if someone saw or recognized him. They were very popular back then, among motor cyclists. I don't think anyone really did see him that day on the trail......I keep hoping that one day the video there is of him can be improved upon.

“Ego and pride”, that ship has sailed. IMO So what else could it possibly be?

I think when LE missed confiscating KAK's iPhone5 and he subsequently deleted, installed and re-deleted the Snapschat app before he turned it into police, the anthony_shots interactions with Libby's phone were made unrecoverable.

I'm not very tech savvy about these certain apps of Instragram, MeetUp or Snapchat. Especially with Snapchat, does none if the data get filtered to a cloud storage? In the affidavit the language used is the data was "destroyed".

I thought everything left a trace digitally on these apps? Was it just that Snapchat either refused to turn data over or did LE drop the ball with that iPhone5?

I would love to be schooled about these apps and why data deleted was unrecoverable and actually "destroyed". I think there in lies the rub in this case. In those two days KAK was able to destroy what LE needed to arrest/convict him for either murder or accessory to murder. AJMO

From his own mouth KAK told that interviewer that LE told him HE (meaning anthony_shots?) was the last person to talk to Libby German.

Was it from that iPhone5 and then shared with someone else or was it actually anthony_shots account logged into by someone else? If someone else, possibly the killer, KAK's iPhone5 would have most likely also Snapcahtted with them and that info also "destroyed".

I think when LE missed confiscating KAK's iPhone5 and he subsequently deleted, installed and re-deleted the Snapschat app before he turned it into police, the anthony_shots interactions with Libby's phone were made unrecoverable.

I'm not very tech savvy about these certain apps of Instragram, MeetUp or Snapchat. Especially with Snapchat, does none if the data get filtered to a cloud storage? In the affidavit the language used is the data was "destroyed".

I thought everything left a trace digitally on these apps? Was it just that Snapchat either refused to turn data over or did LE drop the ball with that iPhone5?

I would love to be schooled about these apps and why data deleted was unrecoverable and actually "destroyed". I think there in lies the rub in this case. In those two days KAK was able to destroy what LE needed to arrest/convict him for either murder or accessory to murder. AJMO

From his own mouth KAK told that interviewer that LE told him HE (meaning anthony_shots?) was the last person to talk to Libby German.

Was it from that iPhone5 and then shared with someone else or was it actually anthony_shots account logged into by someone else? If someone else, possibly the killer, KAK's iPhone5 would have most likely also Snapcahtted with them and that info also "destroyed".

I have some technical background so I can answer this. The data may have been destroyed on the phone itself - depending on which version of iOS the phone had installed it would have been difficult to destroy data beyond the capabilities of the FBI to retrieve but it isn’t impossible.

However companies like Snap and Meta (for Instagram) keep all of their data for law enforcement purposes for varying periods. Snap keeps data for 30 days and Instagram until an account is deleted.

Sources:

Help Center

Law Enforcement - Snap Inc.

My opinion , it was a black with white skull face balaclava neck gator, that he had on his neck. It would have been available to pull up within seconds if someone saw or recognized him. They were very popular back then, among motor cyclists. I don't think anyone really did see him that day on the trail......I keep hoping that one day the video there is of him can be improved upon.
Do you see skulls on it?

It is mindboggling to me how LE mishandled KAK’s iPhone5. They treated him as if he had been brought in for trampling a neighbor’s flowers instead of massive child *advertiser censored* and, oh by the way, do you know anything about this double homicide.
LE obviously knew about the iPhone5 and intended to confiscate it otherwise KAK would have just tossed it in a river somewhere instead of turning it over. Why LE didn’t turn that house upside down looking for it or apply more pressure on KAK to produce it is really indefensible. Is that the thing done wrong, but unintentional, that LE talks about in their statement?
I can’t help but wonder if LE would have troubled themselves to find and recover that phone intact that things would look a lot different right now. Maybe we’d be waiting on a trial instead of staring at a cold case right now.

I am just dropping this here. Was watching the short clip of the bridge guy. There appears to be a short moment where it stabilizes and zooms.

Feeling unsure if the "current" sketch is accurate because I swear I am seeing a moustache.
upload_2022-2-21_19-4-45.png
When zoomed in:
upload_2022-2-21_19-5-17.pngupload_2022-2-21_19-10-9.png

There also appears to be something on his knees
upload_2022-2-21_19-12-52.png
My dad has a couple of "knee protectors" he uses when he is doing handy work, and I am kinda wondering if these are similar. Or they could be torn jeans? Hard to tell.

Wow these turned out small

Source for video: Indiana gov.

Last edited:
I am just dropping this here. Was watching the short clip of the bridge guy. There appears to be a short moment where it stabilizes and zooms.

Feeling unsure if the "current" sketch is accurate because I swear I am seeing a moustache.
View attachment 334283View attachment 334280
When zoomed in:
View attachment 334281View attachment 334282

There also appears to be something on his knees
View attachment 334283
My dad has a couple of "knee protectors" he uses when he is doing handy work, and I am kinda wondering if these are similar.

Wow these turned out small

Source for video: Indiana gov.

I agree about it looking like a moustache. It's not a nose shadow either, because there is a shadow and part of the 'moustache' is in that shadow.

I agree about it looking like a moustache. It's not a nose shadow either, because there is a shadow and part of the 'moustache' is in that shadow.
Yeah you can tell part of it is darker and in the shadow in part of the video as well.
This is a very recognizable moutstache. Probably shaved right after.

I was also just now noticing the stuff around his stomach. This guy was hiding something under his jacket. I thought at first it was a brown hoodie? But now I am not so sure.
upload_2022-2-21_19-30-31.pngupload_2022-2-21_19-31-15.png upload_2022-2-21_19-33-38.png

I am really not making head or tails rn of what this guy had under his jacket, but starting to doubt that this is a brown hoodie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members