Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
One guy. They are very firm on one.

Thank you so much, CSI.

I wonder where the witness saw him. Imo, its evident this person got a much closer look at him when he wasn't wearing his cap.

It makes me wonder if he was leaving the area, after murdering the girls so he had removed his cap, and maybe even his jacket so he would look different than when he came in?

I don't believe there is two men involved either. I agree with the police there is only one person involved. He is the one on the bridge, and also the murderer.

It's extremely rare anyway for any sex offenders to run in pairs, and I do think this was the sole motive.

I know I may be in the minority, but I believe both girls were assault targets.

I've read several articles over the years about these type of offenders, and they fantasize about having the opportunity to have more than one victim at one time.

I have put up a link in the past to the largest study the DOJ has ever funded to date. I would do so again now, but don't know how from my cell phone. Lol!

Anyway it consisted of 775 cases of where children were kidnapped or held against their will, and later found murdered.

All of these 775 cases are where the victim, and the relationship or lack of to the murderer is known.

44 % of the abductors/murderers were complete strangers to the victims.

42 % the offenders were an acquaintance, neighbor or someone known to the abducted/murdered minor children or known to the victim's family.

Only 13 or 14 % of these type of offenders were parents or a family member.

The number ONE motive by far was to abduct the children in order to sexually assault them.

Most children are already murdered by the time the parents realize they are missing, and call 911. The average time lapse from when the victim went missing, and when the call placed to 911 is 2 hours.

For example Joe Duncan raped, torture, both Shasta, and Dylan, murdering Dylan 6 weeks later.

There have been other cases where two victims were abducted, with both being raped, before both were murdered.

When I have time I will link this study again. It's very enlightening information in cases like this one. Imo.

Jmo

Thank you so much, CSI.

I wonder where the witness saw him. Imo, its evident this person got a much closer look at him when he wasn't wearing his cap.

It makes me wonder if he was leaving the area, after murdering the girls so he had removed his cap, and maybe even his jacket so he would look different than when he came in?

I don't believe there is two men involved either. I agree with the police there is only one person involved. He is the one on the bridge, and also the murderer.

It's extremely rare anyway for any sex offenders to run in pairs, and I do think this was the sole motive.

I know I may be in the minority, but I believe both girls were assault targets.

I have put up a link in the past to the largest study the DOJ has ever funded to date. I would do so again now, but don't know how from my cell phone. Lol!

Anyway it consisted of 775 cases of where children were kidnapped or held against their will, and later found murdered.

All of these 775 cases are where the victim, and the relationship or lack of to the murderer is known.

44 % of the abductors/murderers were complete strangers to the victims.

42 % the offenders were an acquaintance, neighbor or someone known to the abducted/murdered minor children or known to the victim's family.

Only 13 or 14 % of these type of offenders were parents or a family member.

The number ONE motive by far was to abduct the children in order to sexually assault them.

Most children are already murdered by the time the parents realize they are missing, and call 911. The average time lapse from when the victim went missing, and when the call placed to 911 is 2 hours.

For example Joe Duncan raped, torture, both Shasta, and Dylan, murdering Dylan 6 weeks later.

There have been other cases where two victims were abducted, with both being raped, before both were murdered.

When I have time I will link this study again. It's very enlightening information in cases like this one. Imo.

Jmo
I think abduction was his first thought, but maybe he was on his lunch break, or was in a pickup truck, some factor that prohibited him from abduction, then he seized on the opportunity he created to lure them in that direction to attack them.

ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

Wow, quite the development. I have two thoughts on this:

- They found out who the person on the first sketch is and he has been cleared.
- They managed to enhance the video to the point that they realized the suspect is not wearing a hat but what looks like a hat is actually thick curly hair and looks younger in appearance.

The fact they point out that the too are two different people points more towards the first option but the second one can also be valid since we are being told the second sketch is BG.

MOO

Here is an illustrated hypothesis, he clearly as a button up shirt hanging out from under his jackets and over his pants, I think its part his button up, part his t-shirt and his 2 layered raincoat. possibly part of the lower white ruffle that goes into his chest is the corded string or just the collar to the second layer of the jacket.
Thanks for this. I do see the white t-shirt in his chest area and a black 'flap' across his jacket at chest area. And what I think is a moustache.

In light of this clarification, I imagine telling the families that the sketch that has been circulating as BG is now NOT BG must have been difficult. LE must have come across something new and realized they were heading in the wrong direction. I can't even imagine the sick feeling LE must have had when they made this realization. And then to have to tell the families, and the public. I think this explains the raw emotions of both LE and the families at the press conference.

But local guys would know who this guy was and LE. He would have been caught long ago if he was local. Wouldnt you agree?
Not if people were looking out for someone who resembled the first sketch. The new one is completely different.
They also did not previously believe the suspect was from Delphi. I don't think many people really considered the possibility that this guy was right under their nose. Imo

Law enforcement clearly doesn’t agree.

Something is telling them that he’s a local, even though logic seems to indicate that he is not.

Someone not recognizing him by now, isn’t enough to deter them from the idea that he is close to home.

He may have benefited from an initial sketch that didn’t look much like him.

Hopefully this one does.
They could have said things in a way to clarify this for those of us watching the pc. I read initially that the current sketch was drawn by s State Trooper back in Feb 2017.....two years ago! And LE sat on that info or didn’t trust their witness then. So for two years everyone has been sending in tips about the wrong man. Very frustrating.

I could understand this case going cold quickly and I hate that.
ETA: this had to be hard on the families when they have been searching for wrong guy all this time.

In light of this clarification, I imagine telling the families that the sketch that has been circulating as BG is now NOT BG must have been difficult. LE must have come across something new and realized they were heading in the wrong direction. I can't even imagine the sick feeling LE must have had when they made this realization. And then to have to tell the families, and the public. I think this explains the raw emotions of both LE and the families at the press conference.

Bingo! That absolutely explains the emotional early departure. Being told that for 2 years they've been looking for the wrong guy must have been heartbreaking.

The girls were last known to be on the bridge and then were found across a creek a few hundred metres away. I don't think BG would have been able to walk/run that terrain if he was an amputee or had impaired mobility. Cross the bridge, likely yes.
I can't wrap my head around the fact that other people were there that day, that the trees were still bare of leaves, that BG felt safe enough to do what he did and no one saw or heard a thing.
The longer you have a prothesis the less it limits you.

Oh my look at this....read below!!!!!!!!!!!!

ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

DELPHI — Indiana State Police are now saying the new sketch of the Delphi suspect is their current person of interest and the first sketch - released two years ago - is not a person of interest at this time.

Investigators released the clarification on Wednesday, saying that the new sketch, which was created by a different eyewitness account, is now the person they are searching for.

<modsnipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

Indiana State Police also issued the following clarification about the two sketches:

• They are not the same person
  • The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
  • The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
  • This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch

<modsnipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

Tip Information Contacts
e-Mail: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com
Tip Line: (844) 459-5786
Indiana State Police: (800) 382-7537
Carroll County Sheriff: (765) 564-2413

Last edited by a moderator:
As frustrating as that must have been, atleast there is a silver lining here.

With this new sketch, there is renewed hope.

They may be closer than ever to nailing this monster.

They're human. Look at the video though. Can you make out what this guy looks like?

We have one witness who claims to have saw him other than the victims themselves, how do you know how reliable he is?

LE can only do so much. Watch that video a million times, all the experts in the world cant form a logical, competent sketch because we have nothing. You cant see him really.

They're human. Look at the video though. Can you make out what this guy looks like?

We have one witness who claims to have saw him other than the victims themselves, how do you know how reliable he is?

LE can only do so much. Watch that video a million times, all the experts in the world cant form a logical, competent sketch because we have nothing. You cant see him really.

That 'witness' could have been BG himself, throwing a random description of a 50 year old dude.

Whaaaaaat? This goes completely against what LE said at the presser on Monday. This is very strange.

Agree! (And goes along with an abandoned building or car earlier confusion).

What we know for certain is that sketches were drawn by two different artists, and are the account of two different witnesses.

It would follow that if witnesses did not see the same individual suspect, sketches would not be the same person either. Also important to note that sketch #2 is the account of the first witness to come forward, and drawn by artist days after the murders 2/17/17.

I agree with @MassGuy that sketch #1 no longer applies, period.

'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frogstronaut