Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I’ve been following this case fairly closely since the murders took place, but never felt like I had anything worthwhile to add. However, witnessing the emotion shown by Carter at the last presser, I can’t shake the feeling that 1) LE now knows exactly who the suspect is and 2) it is someone well known to the community and potentially linked to the case in some way.
Watching HLN the day following the presser, the reporter stated that everyone entering the press room were required to sign in, and were asked several times if they had done so. She also said that had never happened prior to that day. The reporter said that LE were posted at every exit to the room, and IMO, I’m thinking this was possibly to watch for any strange behavior from those sitting in the room/in case of an outburst. She made it seem like the LE posted at the doors was out of the norm for other press conferences.
Obviously this is just my very amateur theory.
Wishful thinking IMHO. Doubt they are any closer. The hesitation between the 1st and 2nd sketch was clear, even after the clarification. It's a gamble by shrinking the search to the local area. I do hope they nail the SOB.

1) It was stated earlier that Libby had been to this park/bridge with her sister. We do not know if Abby had been to the park or the bridge before this day.

2) Abby spent the previous night at Libby's house. Libby had permission to go, but Abby's mom had not been consulted.

3) The reason given was that Libby wanted to shoot some photos.

4) Unknown if they wanted to be there at a specific time. Libby's sister dropped them off around 1:15-1:30 and Libby's GF was to pick them up at 3:15-3:30. (times are roughly given as the details escape me).

5) Libby's sister, GM, GF - although I am not sure GF knew ahead of time, but he knew to g pick them up. There was a 3rd girl that was invited but was not there - I don't think she could get permission to go. So, she knew as did someone in her family.

6) Libby had KiK. They may have had fb, but someone else can verify this.

7) Unknown, although the photo of Abby on the bridge was published on Snapchat by Libby. I have no idea how that works.
I hope you don’t mind me correcting this part: It was Libby’s dad, DG that was picking the girls up a little after 3pm. (Libby’s GF was at work at that time.) MOO

So Libby's older sister and family members and possible friends of the family (teens) might have known the older sister dropped them off in advance.
It could be a family friend "hiding in plain sight" searching, consoling family members someone everyone loves and trusts dearly. :(

Is it possible that Libby posted to a social media account that they were planning on going to the bridge? As in, inviting other friends to join?

Woah, look at this, “old social services building”-same building mentioned in the PC? Ironic:

“Delphi aims to take back historic trails

Parking for the event will be on both sides of the Freedom Bridge near the intersection of Indiana 25 and Main Street. The underdeveloped lot on the west end of the bridge has the most parking space, but there also is parking on the east end at the old social services building. Additionally, Camp Tecumseh staff will shuttle community members from the parking lot at the United Methodist Church on the city's south side to the Freedom Bridge.“
Get Access

This photo from the above link, speaks a thousand words:
636288183546910284-Monon-high-bridge.JPG

I believe in the articles it says it was a composite sketch (sketch 1). IMO it's a blend of what various LE or witnesses and/or scans, etc. saw as the perp, only at the time they didn't realize how much of a disguise he's actually in or discounted it for some reason. It totally resembles what the perp looks like just from the BG image, to me and I assume to most of the public. I'm at a loss as to why it took them so long to figure out this guy is disguised so heavily IMO, wig, mustache, glasses, layers of clothing, perhaps hats,etc.

In the black and white enhancement video done by fellow sleuther Red Beard I believe is the name, at the very end, when the perp lifts and starts turning his head is when you can see his real face. So far, I've seen nothing from LE that dissuades me from that opinion.

I'm not blaming any LE or any other person, this is one clever perp and a very bad image. They are right, LG is a hero just getting the image she got. This perp's days are numbered, thankfully. The psychological damage he has done to even the most seasoned of LE and the community has to be devastating. He has to be taken off the street asap.

If possible, would someone post the link to Red Beard's video? I usually can't get on here often until summer break, but this one keeps me up at night!

Is it possible that Libby posted to a social media account that they were planning on going to the bridge? As in, inviting other friends to join?

oh boy, ok thank you. :(

Why it's so important to NEVER post where you are going alone on public even private social media accounts. That goes for children, teens, women, and men.
You have no idea what kind of creep is lurking on your accounts. You could easily even have a fake profile on your friend's list or not be aware your acquaintance has a disturbing past.
It's not the girl's fault they were young, innocent and enjoying life. I hate that creeps have stripped us of our freedoms.

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I’ve been following this case fairly closely since the murders took place, but never felt like I had anything worthwhile to add. However, witnessing the emotion shown by Carter at the last presser, I can’t shake the feeling that 1) LE now knows exactly who the suspect is and 2) it is someone well known to the community and potentially linked to the case in some way.
Watching HLN the day following the presser, the reporter stated that everyone entering the press room were required to sign in, and were asked several times if they had done so. She also said that had never happened prior to that day. The reporter said that LE were posted at every exit to the room, and IMO, I’m thinking this was possibly to watch for any strange behavior from those sitting in the room/in case of an outburst. She made it seem like the LE posted at the doors was out of the norm for other press conferences.
I could not agree more. LE probably already knows, and the suspect is well known in the community, close to the case <modsnipped> MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I know his walk has been talked to death but I don't think he has a disability or limp, I think he's walking weird because he is wearing different bulkier clothes than usual, with items to carry out the crime hidden underneath.

Could the video cut off at that point because it is when he pulls out a weapon, possibly a gun, and is stepping his foot over to get a shooting stance, pointing and threatening the gun at them?

Or maybe he had a brief thought of turning around? Which I doubt, but just an idea.

All just MOO

1) It was stated earlier that Libby had been to this park/bridge with her sister. We do not know if Abby had been to the park or the bridge before this day.

2) Abby spent the previous night at Libby's house. Libby had permission to go, but Abby's mom had not been consulted.

3) The reason given was that Libby wanted to shoot some photos.

4) Unknown if they wanted to be there at a specific time. Libby's sister dropped them off around 1:15-1:30 and Libby's GF was to pick them up at 3:15-3:30. (times are roughly given as the details escape me).

5) Libby's sister, GM, GF - although I am not sure GF knew ahead of time, but he knew to g pick them up. There was a 3rd girl that was invited but was not there - I don't think she could get permission to go. So, she knew as did someone in her family.

6) Libby had KiK. They may have had fb, but someone else can verify this.

7) Unknown, although the photo of Abby on the bridge was published on Snapchat by Libby. I have no idea how that works.

Thanks for posting this info. It helps me with a theory that's been bouncing around in my head.

I don't think you can discount how important it is that the perpetrator led the girls off the trail in a seemingly random direction and across a creek onto private property. I would be very surprised if the perp was not familiar with or a regular visitor of the property the girls were found on. While the property owner has been ruled out as a suspect, there are plenty of people who either worked on or visited the large farm/ranch that he owned. If the perp is native to Delphi or a nearby town there's little chance he hasn't been on that property or had some interaction with the owner at some point in time.

Here’s a thought, talking about peeping Toms, we know that the “flashers” were originally ruled out it seems.

Now that LE has said perhaps BG has already been interviewed, perhaps a look at the flashers against the new sketch may be in order.

I won’t do a side by side so as to not violate TOS; here’s the msm on the flashers:
(Looking for Link)

ETA:
Police seek alleged Monon Trail flasher

Monon jogger may have flashed several women

Second report of indecent exposure investigated on Monon Trail
Feb 13, 2017

Note the date of the article.
It looks nothing like the sketch I dont think?

So are we supposed to put everything into this sketch? What if this one is not correct either? I’m not sure I even trust this new sketch.

ETA: I thought there were two, I remember, still looking for the other guy.

The flashers aren’t POI but this indicates that the trails were “target-rich” for attackers and these reports may have attracted BG to the area or given him the idea. JMO.

Here is something “circular” I’m not quite understanding:

Carter said they may have even talked to him before. (As I stated this wouldn’t be an epiphany or uncommon factor imo as we see this occurrence all the time on “Cold Case Files”.)

But IF they HAVE already interviewed him, they would have a list of everyone in their files that they’ve talked to.

So does this mean then, that they can’t rule out everyone whose name appears in their files?

Last edited:
Hello all,

Great post. Interesting that everyone was asked a question. I wonder if LE was recording their voices.

At the very least, LE needs to be keeping records. I think a sign in sheet is pretty common. I think they may want to cross reference the phone number to see if anyone lied or maybe if any of the numbers was pinging around the bridge that day. Moo
Have a camera in the area as people are signing in. Then just play back video and check the names. This sounds like the sign in was definitely for a reason. Good job!

True or false in your opinions (tia):

If there was a DNA sample adequate to render a Parabon sketch, this would already have been done.

I’ve never thought they had any of the killer’s DNA. The fact there was no Parabon sketch at the press conference and no mention of DNA only strengthens that thought for me. This case will be solved by good old fashioned police work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member