Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? This article says otherwise: 8 times crimes were solved by the internet
Yet LE has said over and over again that this impedes their investigation.
How can every theory on the internet be right? There are so many, yet they don't have the evidence LE has.
Better to let them do their job.
If the people on the internet are so good at solving crimes, then maybe they should become FBI agents or work in some kind of capacity to help catch criminals that is legitimate. Imo

Didn’t the LE say there was only one person involved? I’m sure I remember hearing and seeing that. Correct me if I’m wrong.
They have said it wss one person's voice on the clip. And that voice is the BG who is also the face of the sketch who is the murderer. But they have never come out and said they know he acted alone. They never have mentioned any other person except in the first few days when they said they didnt know if he acted alone.

If there are people covering for suspect who do not come forward on their own there are at least two possibilities, and probably more. 1.) They could, at some point, be considered an accessory to a crime. 2.) If there was enough circumstantial to charge a suspect and bring him to trial, they could be considered hostile witnesses. Both of these options are very, very serious. If someone is covering for the suspect they need to be considering this. Are they willing to lose their entire vocation, the support of the community and possibly go to jail for the suspect? If they come forward, they will likely gain some amount of respect and compassion from others, not to mention fewer legal consequences.

Thank you for that. I've never thought there was any sound from the girls like some allege they have heard. On top of that, why would BG be louder than any noise from the girls given he was further away? Why would LE alter the recording to lower/distort the girls but yet still for some reason leave their sounds in there? It makes no sense. Your explanation is certainly THE most plausible IMO. Thank you.

Wow, something just hit me when you asked why would BG be louder than any noise from the girls. Maybe he DID see Libby's phone and maybe he took her phone and shoved it in HIS pocket which would make his voice easier to hear. Everyone wonders why BG didn't take the phone, and assumes he did not take the phone off of Libby. Well maybe he did and maybe that is why we hear him fairly well. I personally have dropped my phone out of my pocket just walking in the woods and have to back track to find it, and this is just with normal walking. This killer was marching girls, possibly struggling with girls, who knows what else. Maybe the phone was dropped near the crime scene as he left and he did not realize it fell out. Or maybe the information went into the cloud and he kept the phone.

How is it an impediment to the investigation? Takes a fraction of a second to read it and move on. If they start being fussy about: “only send us the good tips”, they’re apt to dissuade people who have important information.
A fraction of a second? Wow, that would be an incredible speed reader!

I can't read through a single thread on this case, much less all 96 threads. I find it exhausting to try to read 1200 posts of random speculation.

But I have the luxury of not bothering, because I'm not responsible for catching a killer. Police can't be as casual about it, they probably have to systematically log every tip, and create documentation to track it: who submitted it, subject, who considered and processed it, the relevance, follow-up, etc etc.

A young perp killing about power makes me think we have a beginning serial on our hands. iirc a policeman said he needs to be caught before he does it again.

Does anyone else think this is the beginning of a serial killer?
Here is an article on serials and power I found interesting
Serial Homicide for Power and Control

If you lose your wallet, is it not an impediment to answer the phone from your old aunt Joe who says she saw your wallet once on Christmas, 2014?

More like: ‘when I was over at his house, I thought I saw the edge of something blue sticking out from under the couch. But what color is his wallet? Probably isn’t blue. I’d better not bother him.’ Six months later, blue wallet is found kicked under the couch.

You have to encourage tips from the timid. And that involves enduring stupid tips from the over-eager. In my opinion, anyway.

A fraction of a second? Wow, that would be an incredible speed reader!

I can't read through a single thread on this case, much less all 96 threads. I find it exhausting to try to read 1200 posts of random speculation.

But I have the luxury of not bothering, because I'm not responsible for catching a killer. Police can't be as casual about it, they probably have to systematically log every tip, and create documentation to track it: who submitted it, subject, who considered and processed it, the relevance, follow-up, etc etc.
That's right. 30,000 tips impeded the investigation.

The thread is moving fast so I will post my question on a MSM Source again.
You don't have to name a person, but you can link an article for viewers to read on their own. Same even with social media, you can't quote something that comes from FB or YT but you can say, there is an interesting post on BP's FB or so and so's YT and viewers can check it out themselves.

They have said it wss one person's voice on the clip. And that voice is the BG who is also the face of the sketch who is the murderer. But they have never come out and said they know he acted alone. They never have mentioned any other person except in the first few days when they said they didnt know if he acted alone.
They believe there is only one person responsible for the murder, but that possibly others know what he has done.
LE has never given any indication that there is more than one person involved with the actual murder. Jmo

Heavy is MSM and has been quoted on this and many other WS theads before.

Thanks for the response.:)Good to see you again ocgrad.

Quoting CE from linked source:

I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” CME wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”

Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

We have CE an eye witness who mentions seeing a couple during the tight timeline when the girls are first discovered missing. Then Libby’s dad also speaks to still another person at the bridge who mentions seeing a couple in those critical moments. Oh I wish with all my heart that this would help investigators find BG.

Did I phrase this correct? Or am I getting facts confused? I hope this has not already been rehashed on another thread.o_O

Please correct me if I am wrong.

MOO

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the 'couple' a witness saw from the bridge could be BG and one of the girls. From a distance of 70+ feet, the person may not have been able to surmise that it was a negative encounter (to put it mildly), but rather observed a male and female from the bridge. Maybe the other girl was out of view.

If “under the bridge” refers to near the river, thats quite a distance from the end of the bridge because much of the bridge passes over land. The river and land in relation to the bridge is illustrated on this link:

A 360 tour of the Monon High Bridge

Wow, something just hit me when you asked why would BG be louder than any noise from the girls. Maybe he DID see Libby's phone and maybe he took her phone and shoved it in HIS pocket which would make his voice easier to hear. Everyone wonders why BG didn't take the phone, and assumes he did not take the phone off of Libby. Well maybe he did and maybe that is why we hear him fairly well. I personally have dropped my phone out of my pocket just walking in the woods and have to back track to find it, and this is just with normal walking. This killer was marching girls, possibly struggling with girls, who knows what else. Maybe the phone was dropped near the crime scene as he left and he did not realize it fell out. Or maybe the information went into the cloud and he kept the phone.

It makes sense to me that he may have taken the phone too, because perhaps when the call from her dad came in he realized her not answering would probably start to worry whoever was calling her so he was then on a time limit to do whatever it was he planned on doing. He probably didn't realize it was recording, just swooped up behind them and grabbed it and put it in his pocket without looking at it. The call from her dad would have cut off the video (I think mine keeps videoing when a text comes through but stops for a phone call??) too. If he was thinking, he left it there on purpose so it wouldn't track his escape route (or it just fell out during everything too, the simple answer is usually the right answer!).

A young perp killing about power makes me think we have a beginning serial on our hands. iirc a policeman said he needs to be caught before he does

Does anyone else think this is the beginning of a serial killer?
Here is an article on serials and power I found interesting
Serial Homicide for Power and Control
Yes I do, he quenched his sick thirst when he killed the girls, but how long before he gets the urge again ? If the urge was there in the first place then imo it will always be there.

More like: ‘when I was over at his house, I thought I saw the edge of something blue sticking out from under the couch. But what color is his wallet? Probably isn’t blue. I’d better not bother him.’ Six months later, blue wallet is found kicked under the couch.

You have to encourage tips from the timid. And that involves enduring stupid tips from the over-eager. In my opinion, anyway.

By all means, if you were at the Monon High Bridge on or about 13 February, 2017, and you think you saw something that *could* be relevant, you should report it. If you know someone who resembles the sketch and may reasonably and conceivably have been in the Delphi, Indiana area on 13 February, 2017, you should report it.

If you see a dude on Facebook who wore a mask and has a suspicious blue coat, or you think the police should consider your iPhone 10xr's super special zoom feature on the photo that shows the outline of a Springfield XDS handgun in his pocket, keep it to yourself.

If you lose your wallet, is it not an impediment to answer the phone from your old aunt Joe who says she saw your wallet once on Christmas, 2014?

I absolutely agree with you. I think that is why they are asking about the driver of the vehicle seen between 12 and 5 at the abandon building, and not releasing the make and model. THEY KNOW the Make
AND MODEL! They are waiting for someone to call and tell them the make and model so they know the tip is credible. Otherwise, they will get 5000 unrelated tips, and waste countless hours investigating. MOO

But that’s what we thought about the first sketch which was presumably correlated with the image on the video and a witness[es].

I think Redbeard has it figured out. I think there was a text or call alert. Maybe even Libby’s dad trying to reach them.

all imo

IIRC DP was calling and calling and MOO probably texting. Normal when you cant get a hold of a family member on a cell, he was running late for his 3pm pick up time- he was on the trail physically calling just after 3:11.

Girls were given 90 minutes to
be on their own on a popular trail
with people near their home.
Terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics