Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they mean Delphi. If the killer was in any way close to the case then why would he not know what they know?
He would have first hand information. I doubt it's anyone who has been working on the case. Jmo
I don't necessarily believe it's someone that has been working on the case or has had access to evidence, etc. But I wouldn't be surprised if they have some connection - either friends with a lot of LE, a corrections officer or some other "trusted, good citizen" that is known to a lot of the officers.

Bradford....

LE wants to know more about the vehicle on the 14th....from 12-5.

The girls were found on the 14th around noon. The car was there all night.
I am certain that they corrected that date after the Press Conference to say the 13th. The car was not there overnight. There is a link I will try to hunt down.

This article states the day of the murders which was the 13th.
https://www-cbsnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/delphi-murders-indiana-police-2017-killings-of-girls-liberty-german-abigail-williams-live-updates-today-2019-04-22/?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&_tf=From %1$s&share=https://www.cbsnews.com/news/delphi-murders-indiana-police-2017-killings-of-girls-liberty-german-abigail-williams-live-updates-today-2019-04-22/

Last edited:
sold a vehicle Feb 14,2017; or painted a vehicle or stopped registering a vehicle that suddenly became a pile of parts....

On the link provided earlier of the LE computer screen, I could make out a Word Doc titled Bill of Sale but couldn't make out much else other than a Doc named Delphi (something after it) No idea if case related and doubtful LE would have info on screen viewable for the masses, unless they wanted BG to see something on that screen.

Last edited:
Highly doubt LE knows specifically of this person. The points are general, and likely made based on FBI profiling. They said almost the same things in the Iowa cold case. Most here would guess that as well. To me, they are still clueless.
I think they might be less clueless if they could search public dna databases. I think they will eventually find him that way, or if he messes up and they catch him on something else. I believe they said they have dna. I think DNA is how they will solve this. I don't think it will be enough in and of itself, but being able to place him in that area, the video image, and the voice will all contribute to a positive ID.

If you google "delphi iowa case similarity", you'll find many discussions about this. It remains a possibility, a high possibility in my mind. There are just too many similarities to ignore. Hope LE doesn't discount it for whatever not fact-based reasons.

I don't think it sounds threatening, either. I've heard people talking about it as "cold" and "threatening" but while I think there's a bit of authority to it, it sounds mostly casual to me. That's scary in its own kind of way.
I also thought it sounded extremely casual and non-threatening, but I've also heard that the audio may be muffled and that removing "artifacts" to isolate the voice may have softened the sound that we hear a bit.

They amended this as well, towards the end of the press conference.

The car was parked on the 13th (day of murders), and not the 14th (day bodies were found).

The car was not parked overnight.
If LE showed up at around 5pm on the 13th wouldn't they have taken down information on all cars parked in and around the area? I think they already know which cars were around the area. Its a quick search to find out who the cars are registered to and then who the family members are as well. MOO Was the car their interested in already gone?

That is a great question. If a person confesses to a religious leader, who may also be a family member, what then? I wonder if there are any law cases on this.

Even if I was in a position of authority at a church, I’d still feel compelled to turn it in. I’m not Catholic, so I don’t know how confession to a priest works. I can’t imagine someone sitting on those kind of details. If anything, my faith would convict me so much and I’d be so disturbed that I would HAVE to tell LE. JMO

If LE showed up at around 5pm on the 13th wouldn't they have taken down information on all cars parked in and around the area? I think they already know which cars were around the area. Its a quick search to find out who the cars are registered to and then who the family members are as well. MOO Was the car their interested in already gone?
At the time, there wasn’t a crime being investigated.

This was simply two missing girls, who were likely lost.

That car was almost certainly gone by the time law enforcement even became involved in the missing person’s search.

They amended this as well, towards the end of the press conference.

The car was parked on the 13th (day of murders), and not the 14th (day bodies were found).

The car was not parked overnight.

For all the drama and emotion and supposed importance of the press conference, it was shocking to me how sloppy some things were. They flew through the part about the vehicle, got the date wrong, awkwardly corrected it. The three most important elements, new video...new audio, new sketch...were presented so clunkily(is that a word?) and fast I got nothing out of it. Had to gather it all in later. All the corrections and clarifications after the fact (new sketch is two years old, forget old sketch, sketches are two different people, etc) were very slack. Obvious the talking to the killer part was the priority.
Now, a week later, I really am more confused. I thought we were near the end...not so sure now.

I recall it being noted that LE was called around 5:30pm. No idea if others at the trail helped look for the girls and if their vehicles were still there. LE is saying the vehicle/driver they are interested in was parked between 12 and 5pm, so it's possible it was gone by then.

That is a great question. If a person confesses to a religious leader, who may also be a family member, what then? I wonder if there are any law cases on this.

I have no idea about to potential players maybe for this situation, but there was a quote that possibly was directed at such a person who might be a religious leader who knows who the person is and can prove it or was confessed to? Because the exact quote was " and there's also a book that talks so well about evil, about death, and about eternity. To the murderer, I believe you have a little bit of conscious left"

Perhaps the sheriff was talking to a religious leader and how possibly if the religious leader did not break his vows, that person would have eternity in h3ll if not turned in and have the opportunity to confess to his God?

For all the drama and emotion and supposed importance of the press conference, it was shocking to me how sloppy some things were. They flew through the part about the vehicle, got the date wrong, awkwardly corrected it. The three most important elements, new video...new audio, new sketch...were presented so clunkily(is that a word?) and fast I got nothing out of it. Had to gather it all in later. All the corrections and clarifications after the fact (new sketch is two years old, forget old sketch, sketches are two different people, etc) were very slack. Obvious the talking to the killer part was the priority.
Now, a week later, I really am more confused. I thought we were near the end...not so sure now.

Best perspective I have seen on the PC yet. Thank you.

I recall it being noted that LE was called around 5:30pm. No idea if others at the trail helped look for the girls and if their vehicles were still there. LE is saying the vehicle/driver they are interested in was parked between 12 and 5pm, so it's possible it was gone by then.
Thanks! That's what I get for not going back and re-reading some earlier posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa