Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the reply and will reply in more depth another time, but what does BBM mean?

With all due respect - in my disclaimer I indicated that much of what I said was likely already well established, and I was new to this particular case. I am sure I did restate obvious things.

"I don't believe in god but I'm afraid of him"

- The Usual Suspects

Bolded by me.

You know...we assume he is religious. In all honesty, we don't know. Yet.

But let us assume he is religious to the same degree as probably, most people in Delphi.

Take his religion away. It is just a nice candy box with a beautiful tie.

Rewrite the script. He is an atheist programmer from MA. And read it again. What will you see?

Sadistic obsessiveness and premediation.

P.S. I lived in MA and still miss it. :)

bbm
In any case the term "guys!" follows an announcement of any kind, always. IMO
bbm
IF those close to him are from the Delphi area, I think they would make a connection. IF the Delphi area is a wrong guess, then the audio is less useful, unfortunately. IMO
I think anyone who is a family member or who is close to him would recognize his voice no matter where they live. Imo

The person giving an alibi for BG, may be innocently unaware , that BG was not present for this time period ie. flat mates, work colleagues, friends etc.

BG may have been present, before and after the murders, but unless one is sitting in a room with another, a person can disappear for a short time (I was in the garden, took the dog for a walk, went out for a smoke etc.)
MOO.

as far as the pronunciation of the i/e sound in the midwest, there is a specific accent - such as seement, instead of cement, the word pen sounds like pin, and roof sounds like ruff. Does the word "hill" not sound midwestern? I think there is a lilt in the was BG says the word - almost like he's making it 2 syllables - heyill.

I said that I thought "down" sounded just a little like "dan," but no one else agreed. pretty obvious that everyone thinks their own speech is 'normal' and everyone else has an accent ! I am more used to hearing more "ow"- ...a 'longer' word.

I think anyone who is a family member or who is close to him would recognize his voice no matter where they live. Imo

Agreed, once again the audio and video are not for complete strangers to identify to a random individual

LE has stated as such

It’s a total dead end for any stranger on the internet to try to match those things to a random unknown to them individual

Yet probably 90 percent of the tips have probably been from people doing exactly that

It’s literally insane

Jmo

I could be way off base, especially bc I haven't been following this case until yesterday when I first heard LE update. MOO is that the LE PC was actually directed to the BG family (maybe friends) even though he said he was talking to the BG. <snip for brevity> I don't see any of his talk motivating the BG to confess. I do see it motivating family to feel ok about giving up what they know and coming to terms with the fact that he is the BG

I snipped the list in your post because it’s long. There are many good points, and others here can go back and read the original post.

I agree, the LE PC was partly directed to those would have reason to know BG and might be hesitant to step forward. Maybe the intended audience sees some similarities with a loved one. Maybe because it could be BG is a local, there is some thinking relatives might have some motivation to step forward, maybe inspired by the speech from Superintendent Carter.

The undertones of religion from Carter mentioning The Shack will be a supportive reminder to them to do the right thing. Don’t know and MO.

BG = Bridge Guy = the killer

I’m thinking the OP may have been referring specifically to the possibility of BG taking the picture?

We really need a source link on that crime scene photo. I’m going to try the “Neev from Catfish” reverse image trick (not holding my breath for a match...I swear sleuthing on “Catfish” must be rigged...moo)

BBM. While the second statement I agree with, the third one, that he will not kill again, I disagree.

About "a god-fearing person with a conscience" - don't buy it!

He may be religious. He does not understand what morality is. He had sadistic, sexualized dreams, maybe for years, and now he acted on them.

He is probably way less mature than his biological age. Probably a teenager in an adult body, and lots of these questions are the norm for teenagers.

This very phrase - BBM - is in total contradiction with your previous statement about a "god-fearing person" who would not kill again.. What you are discussing are torture instruments, meaning, sadistic premeditation.

He would kill again...unless stopped. And he would hunt for someone not able to resist. A child, a disabled person, a small-frame woman.

Bingo! This is exactly what I thought he said. Or something very similar. Or, "Guys, this bridge is unsafe for walking and is to be closed. Down the hill". Something that would make them feel guilty and ashamed.

The rest is nothing new, sorry...

I also have the feeling that he was daydreaming about a sadistic, erotic, encounter, for many years. Maybe since high-Middle school. What people in the town he used to live in might remember would be some anonymous letters mentioning some torture elements ("a rope. A lighter. A knife" - just as an example). Or possibly, he shared these dreams with peers. Anyhow, people wrote it off as part of him being "odd", but they may remember it now.
if this is true, why would they bleep the middle part out? it would be easier to ascertain his voice.

I’m thinking the OP may have been referring specifically to the possibility of BG taking the picture?

We really need a source link on that crime scene photo. I’m going to try the “Neev from Catfish” reverse image trick (not holding my breath for a match...I swear sleuthing on “Catfish” must be rigged...moo)

Thanks. Won't be the first brain fade I've had.

IIRC, that photo is a screen grab from a news report. Anyone remember that?

You said:

"He is probably way less mature than his biological age. Probably a teenager in an adult body, and lots of these questions are the norm for teenagers."

I say:

Oh, I am sure his emotional age was that of a teenager whether it's due to hard-wiring, sexual abuse, whatever. I think it's fair to say that many people outgrow their religious upbringing once they mature, and start to question the purpose of their very existence. I do believe this person still fears that there's still possibility of some time of judgement by a higher power. And, they are certainly things that crop up during adolescence, but left unresolved for 20 years (As I think this offender in 30 something).... Well, something has to give. And, I don't think this person had many outlets for their sexual urges. And for a long time. Using a prostitute was too dirty and wicked

You said:

Re: torture instruments.

I say:

I don't agree. I don't think these were "torture" instruments -- though they were certainly for sinister intentions. They were instruments designed to subdue and sexually assault someone, tamper with the crime scene, and clean themselves up enough to emerge from the woods without blood spatter. I think the offender planned this to be a sexual assault, blitz attacking an unsuspecting person -- like a jogger/hiker -- before they could see his face. But, understood the very (sick) possibility that he may have to escalate his crimes if he was identified, or things didn't go as planned. I do not believe the girls were tortured. I would guess there may have been postmortem mutilation, but it was more a desire to disguise the true motives for the crime. I believe these were soft kills.

You said:

I also have the feeling that he was daydreaming about a sadistic, erotic, encounter, for many years. Maybe since high-Middle school. What people in the town he used to live in might remember would be some anonymous letters mentioning some torture elements ("a rope. A lighter. A knife" - just as an example). Or possibly, he shared these dreams with peers. Anyhow, people wrote it off as part of him being "odd", but they may remember it now.

I say:

I don't think so. I think his erotic fantasies were consensual until his 20s. Likely with women who politely smiled at him, or, female friends he could never strike up the nerve to ask out. But, years of sexual frustration stewed into an immense dislike of women. Women didn't really reject him --- but, he ones perceived as such, when in reality he never pursued them. And, I don't think he shared such details beyond expressing his disdain for women. This person will never confess on his own... unless to spare his life.... not sure if Indiana has the DP?!? I don't think he's told a soul about the killing, but obviously he is following them. He might spontaneously bring up the case -- around his few friends, over a beer, but not much beyond that. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Thanks. Won't be the first brain fade I've had.

IIRC, that photo is a screen grab from a news report. Anyone remember that?

Check this out, the “Neev(sp) from “Catfish” reverse image trick” did not produce a hit on that particular image upon a quick search (first page only), but it did provide a hit on some other “related” images.

I’m sure these are all posted here somewhere, but while I’ve got them handy in one place, let me copy them over.

crime-scene-1.jpg

Police continue to search woods for evidence in Delphi double homicide

C5w4c5UWUAATbv6.jpg

Twitter

Delphi property owner: "I can't comprehend it"

C4zPedmXUAAzn73.jpg

Twitter

C4zhzo7WAAQh3C8

Mike Pelton
@MikePeltonABC15
Here is the area where Delphi teens were found dead. Property owner points out its very rough terrain
@rtv6
Twitter

6. DBM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics