Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Tricia, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

April Tinsley I think.

2. FinePrint

FinePrint Well-Known Member

"Directly to the killer who may be in this room. We believe you are hiding in plain sight. For more than two years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy but we have.:

So what is the "different investigative strategy"? Releasing one more word in the audio? Releasing a new sketch that looks so contrary to the video of BG? To ask about a vehicle at the social service building? Having a press conference that pokes at the perp and creates a frenzy?

Andieinsyd, Tarika, teeandcee and 2 others like this.
  3. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Thank you to LE and Agencies for all their persistence and dedication to bring justice for our “2 Roses”.

I can’t help shake my amateur speculation that two are involved in these murders; even a father/son duo. But that is an amateur speculation.

I’ve been feverishly studying up on the Profiles of these type of murders, and all the Profilers seem to zero in on two prime possibilities:

1. Subject is mentally ill, and may have been responding to “instructions” from “voices/forces”

2. Perp was abused physically and sexually as child and this is outward manifestation of the resulting rage. Interestingly, dyslexia is also a hallmark of this type of Perp. Further, due to abuse and beatings, their was an attachment disorder with either one or both parents. As a result of the abuse, the Perp has an unnatural need to dominate and control.

Source is many various studies from profilers, summarized by Profiler John Kelly.

Hopefully we will know which category our Perp or Perps fit in soon! (Maybe both?)

Amateur opinion and speculation

4. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm leaning towards familial DNA linking the perp to Delphi. Just a hunch but as good as any, I guess :)

5. sumzero

sumzero Well-Known Member

That's basically what I've been thinking since the PC. Much "sound and fury, signifying nothing," to distract from their own blunders. I'm inclined to think LE changed direction not because they suddenly unearthed evidence that the new sketch better represents BG, but because they finally ruled out the man depicted in the old sketch. The new sketch, whatever their misgivings about it, is better than no sketch (esp. if LE anticipated the public might be getting disgruntled with them for going back to square one).

6. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Maybe the shift from looking for some random guy from who knows where to someone familiar or even living in Delphi. THAT alone is significant IMHO.

7. JustEve

JustEve Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. Maybe she didn´t take a good look.

Which leads me to another question I´d love to know the answer to- what did the girls do when they noticed him behind? Did they try to go back past him, did they run towards the creek or did they just stand there on the spot overwhelmed by fear?

And yet another thing that´s been a lot on my mind lately- what if the whole thing was staged?

His appearance that is "out of place" somehow, his motives unknown, maybe deliberately chosen look alike of a highly stereotyped sexually driven crime?

Maybe that´s why he didn´t take Libby´s phone. Because he wants police to think that he looks like "a role" he played in this video.

Maybe these are the things that seem out of joint, Margarita 25?

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  8. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

jmo - HLN has it out for BG. They consistently show little blips of this case during their on air time. Today one of the ladies from the panel we saw last week (not the lady that had been reporting from Delphi but the blonde expert lady) mentioned the new tips (over 2,000) and said something along the lines of not being surprised if BG himself had turned in some tips to lead investigators in the wrong direction. I thought that was interesting. jmo

note: they don't say BG and it was Live TV so no link

9. JustEve

Maybe speaking "directly to the killer" and thus trying to lure him out of his cave are the parts of the brand new strategy. Everything else is the same.

neesaki, Fidobell and MsBetsy like this.
  10. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

It could be so many different things other than a sexual motivation.
    An on or off-site job accident that resulted in significant and permanent impairment.

The breakup of a romantic relationship, that could have ended years before the murders.

A car accident that took from him a close family or friend.

So many dozens of possibilities.

11. JENNIFER70

JENNIFER70 Member

Does anyone think the perpetrator sent letters to LE? Maybe provoked the department to do the press conference? Perhaps the emotional comments made by Carter were in essence responding to him?
    Just curious.
    Thanks all!

12. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

This appears to be a stereotype that matches reality.

A sexually motivated double homicide.

Some murders are staged to make it appear that rape was the motive. Typically, these crimes are committed by those close to the victim.

It’s an effort to throw off law enforcement, and misdirect them.

I absolutely don’t believe that happened here.

That’s way too advanced.

13. MassGuy

Things like that are usually triggers, but not the underlying motive.

The killing is about sexual gratification, but usually occurs after some sort of precipitating stressor.

Relationship troubles, work troubles, financial troubles, or something along those lines.

14. kc1023

kc1023 Well-Known Member

Saw some posts earlier about BG's red hair and how rare that is. Sure, it is. However, it is said to be "reddish-brown" which practically every other person here (I'm in Indiana) has. Some kind of reddish-brown hair. Lighter, darker, just highlights, only when the sun hits it, etc., but "reddish-brown". It's actually very common IMO. I also assert that that is some of the difficulty in identifying BG, it's not standout "red" hair, it's the very common "reddish-brown" which then includes a lot of potential suspects and eliminates few. When we thought he had a goatee, that too is super popular but I guess we are to discount that now. JMO

15. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

I think this is a possibility, not sure if slight or great but I did get a potential vibe that “taunting LE” could exist. I was reminded a lot of Jessica Ridgeway’s and also the Beltway Sniper cases, in which taunting was involved. The whole “The Shack” thing is just weird, moo.

Speaking of Jessica’s case ( :( ), her killer did a lot of things to taunt, including leaving a cross pendant on the victim. He also actually drove by and filmed LE searching for Jessica and then posted it on YouTube. Not to mention him leaving Jessica’s backpack filled with her clothes and eyeglasses in a residential neighborhood. Some of this was done as a red herring to throw LE off, but it was also meant to taunt.

ETA: Another thing I’ve been wanting to say about Jessica’s case, the perp’s own mother turned her son into authorities for the murder. She could have chosen to protect her son and not do this, but she chose instead to do the right thing. I hope that if someone else out there is protecting BG, they will be brave enough as ARS’s mother was to turn him in.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  16. tycarp1515

tycarp1515 Active Member

I am sure this has been mentioned previously and it is probably no help but... Has anyone thought that BG approached the girls as an authority figure? I thought the bridge was kind of off-limits as it is not in good condition or safe. What if he approached them as some type of "bridge police" saying they need to get off and go "down the hill"? This may lower their guard. Any thoughts?

17. MassGuy

I hope so, but I doubt it.

He’d probably be more concerned with remaining a free man, than taunting law enforcement.

The news coverage of this case has ebbed and flowed, but it’s always been present in Delphi.

If he’s from there, he knows he hasn’t been forgotten, and might not have the compulsion to taunt, if that was even something he wanted to do.

Letters are a forensic gold mine these days, so there’s always hope that he’ll reach out that way.

18. ilovechili

ilovechili Where is the wiKKed witch? Will Oct. bring her?

Just a guess and probably a hope but maybe not assuming there is someone that it could not possibly be, maybe thought no way, no how, too young, etc., he was just a hiker and a witness.... Maybe an assumption of age or vehicles and a dismissal of others because they do not fit the thought...? Maybe now they see it as plain as day...? We have been ourselves I think surprised at some young perps lately for instance and not who one would think...

Again, just hopeful it is something like that, I certainly have no idea whatsoever...

neesaki, Mamabear3cubs, Boxer and 3 others like this.
  19. JustEve

I never said the origin of his frustration was sexual.
    I completely agree with you, there are dozens of possibilities, but one thing is certain: frustration- driven rage and aggressiveness.

IQuestion, MsBetsy, tmar and 6 others like this.
  20. teeandcee

teeandcee Well-Known Member

Wow!! It brings a song to my heart thinking of all the losers losing sleep over these advancements!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.