Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #150 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
With murder tools? I mean, maybe he just used things he ordinarily had. I'm sure he had a Swiss army knife. Every man in Indiana does. Kind of kidding but not really. JMO
We don’t know how they were killed but carrying a pocket knife is pretty common. We don’t know that a gun was used but I wouldn’t be surprised if he routinely carried one.

But if he saw her recording, why didn't he destroy the phone?

It was so long ago, that I don't remember if Police found the phone with the bodies.

He may have assumed she was using social media or reading text messages - perhaps he didn't realize she was recording. As to the location of the phone, maybe she tossed it in some bushes before he overtook them. There's a lot we don't know.

Last edited:
Dropping my theory here before the PC tomorrow.

At this point in time I'm returning to my day one theory. Lone wolf who didn't plan anything, but saw an opportunity with the two vulnerable young girls and took it, probably targeting Libby more. I feel he made harassing remarks at the girls, and they felt unsafe, which led to Libby recording. He got furious at seeing Libby recording, forced them down the hill with a weapon (possibly gun) and used a hunting knife. This is strictly my opinion only.

While I think the killing was unplanned, I do wonder if he had seen one or both around and possibly became obsessed with them. I'm sure he knew school was out but I don't think he went to the bridge strictly to look for the girls.

At this point, until LE confirms, I don't feel that KAK is connected. We will see later and I am probably in the minority on this, but I think these girls were unfortunate enough to encounter many creeps. As someone who was once a teen girl, it makes sense.

I agree with your lone wolf theory. Something I always wondered about, as the girls went to the bridge to take photos, surely there was more than the two which’ve been publicly released. So from that my theory arises that he watched them for a time posing for pics on the bridge and he became aroused, perhaps even approaching them trying to be friendly and of course the girls wanted nothing to do with him, then he lost it unleashing every single thing he’s ever felt wronged by. The girls probably didn’t realize they were being watched until his approach and Libby still had her camera in hand. JMO

Last edited:
Could he have seen the girls at or near AW's house ? I'm not sure how close they're houses were to each other but from what I've read, they both lived near the bridge..could he have been stalking them ? Seeing them coming and going and following them on previous occasions? The only problem about him sering them recording him is that he didn't take the phone AFAIK or he could have taken the phone and the police got the pics and video/audio from the cloud or some other virtual storage. I'm also more inclined to think he was a lone wolf apart from KK being in the picture, I'm not sure ? I suppose coincidences can happen.

You know, I would not be surprised if he did see the girls close to AW's house. That makes sense to me. Obviously we don't know for sure, but it does make sense, and he would also know what time they (or at least AW) went/came back from school, their routines, etc. I wouldn't be shocked quite frankly if he did follow them before. Maybe that's why Libby recorded him that time, to show an adult that the creepy guy had followed them again...

I go back and forth on the phone. I feel like he would have been able to figure out LE could access the video anyway, so why bother taking the phone and risking it. But IDK. I'm not sure on that.

The KAK thing is weird. My thinking is, coincidences can happen, and being teen girls in this world of social media, the sad fact is they would encounter creeps ALL THE TIME online and offline. It's sad and disgusting, but doesn't necessarily point to KAK actually being involved in the murders themselves IMO.

Everything MOO and subject to change after PC.

Hopefully the press conference will answer many of our questions, but I think the perpetrator planned a murder. Perhaps he only expected to ambush 1 victim, not 2. The fact that he left the scene without being seen and evaded detection for years means, IMO, that he is a skilled planner - an organized offender - who leaves little to chance. I'm sure we'll learn more.

I could be wrong, but I suspect RA was tipped in early on and possibly also interviewed. It’s possible someone ran interference and drew LE’s eyes away from him initially. I wouldn’t be surprised if the April 22, 2019 PC was when they started looking back at earlier interviews and started taking a closer look at locals. All MOO :).

I would guess he was possibly interviewed early on due to his proximity to Abby’s house, and possibly more importantly proximity to the crime scene, as canvassing is standard protocol. Police 101 would be to go door to door and ask residents in the area if they saw/heard anything, have cameras, etc.

As for if he was on their radar specifically, and interviewed further as a person of interest, I/we look forward to finding that out.

I’m not sure how much we will learn tomorrow, as some have stated; it could be close to nothing other than name, photo, charges, we would like to thank xxxxx agencies, the families, and no questions answered, or it could be more. Hoping for the latter of course, but they may keep everything close due to preserving details for trial and securing a conviction, not tainting the public, which by the way, I think we can count on the judge allowing a change of venue and the trial being held elsewhere.

Maybe Abby’s and Libby’s families will speak.

Ps, I’m slowly making some comments, I’ve been too overwhelmed to speak until this point, and am still having trouble with words. I’m shocked as many of you are.

The way I learned about this is somewhat, I don’t know the word. I had been on YouTube, not on WS or news on Friday, so knew nothing until late Friday night when I was just about to log off and go to bed when a local news video popped up on my feed, “Arrest in Delphi case...”. I took a double take, looked closely to make sure it was real media, completely taken aback. My first thought was that they had arrested TK. I’m sure most of us had the same thought.

I played the video, and it was surreal because I had a moment there where I wondered if I was dreaming, and I don’t say this metaphorically, I mean literally. So anyway I was waiting for them to say the man they arrested is Tony Kline, and they said “Richard Allen” and my jaw dropped to the floor, like literally mouth was wide open.

I then felt tears, shock, and this feeling like I was going to pass out.

I honestly was not sure I would ever see this day, BG’s arrest. I admire the families resilience and faith, because I may have lost that. I really literally envisioned being on my death bed in the last days of life as an old woman, and one of my last thoughts being “I wonder who killed Abby and Libby ..” We see so many unsolved cases, and I was completely afraid this would be one of them.

I also imagined this day on WS, his arrest, and even said “we are going to have SUCH a party, can you imagine...” and that it was going to “break Websleuths”. I still think we should have some sort of celebration.

Most importantly, congratulations to Abby’s and Libby’s families, community, friends, teachers, and everyone who knew and loved them. And big hugs to all you here. The continued commitment and analysis, brainstorming, discussions have been beyond incredible.

I have soooo much more to say, but this is a step in at least getting a few words out post-shock. We will see we what learn tomorrow.

As for RA, the first things that come to mind is something @Foxfire had said, about child predators liking being near schools. I plan to pull that quote at some point. The one thing for me, among all other unknowns, is I never waived from him being older, and estimated him around 45. Apart from that, while it was of course possible he was local, he very well could have been semi local, a past resident, or maybe even not local. So that to me is not rocket science that he was local, as someone mentioned it was.

Again I wonder about the height and FBI removing this from the posters.

Group hug and I will see you all tomorrow with BELLS ON. I can’t believe it’s finally happening....having trouble sleeping and concentrating at work due to the anticipation.

Last edited:
The shocking/tragic murder of AW and LG in Delphi, Indiana and the police investigation almost reads like the 1956 novel "Peyton Place"...lots of poignant undercurrents. I agree, how could a small tight knit city 2.73 square miles with roughly 3,000 residents swamped with national/international media attention, FBI agents, interstate police units searching, broadcasting--turning Delphi inside out for clues and information not shake loose the person(s) responsible for the girl's murder until 5 years later? It's not an exaggeration to say, the "bridge guy" was staring nearly everyone daily in the face for years, and the Delphi Sheriff said as much in his press release back in 2017--the man responsible was likely local and even in the press room listening to the release! Not to mention LG captured his picture and voice on her phone right before she died. How much more information/proof does one need to pinpoint a potential murderer?? IMO, there seems to have been multiple factors in play making an arrest difficult to execute. Reasons why folks in Delphi followed the police flow content to let the investigation slowly play out might be due to community denial/rationalization, along with protecting innocent people. It seems possible to me that more than one person was involved in killing the girls, with more than one motive for the murders.

I agree with your lone wolf theory. Something I always wondered about, as the girls went to the bridge to take photos, surely there was more than the two which’ve been publicly released. So from that my theory arises that he watched them for a time posing for pics on the bridge and he became aroused, perhaps even approaching them trying to be friendly and of course the girls wanted nothing to do with him, then he lost it unleashing every single thing he’s ever felt wronged by. JMO

Great point about him watching them pose for pics on the bridge. I can absolutely see harassment beginning at that point, especially if he had seen and followed one or both of the girls before. Having fun with a mini photoshoot on the bridge and then seeing a creepy guy come up to you, possibly loudly saying gross and predatory things, and then recording it to show an adult, I can see.

I also think lone wolf. I am not convinced we will get much tomorrow either apart from the very basics.

I think he saw two vulnerable young teenagers as he crossed their path on the bridge and turned around and went back for them.

I can’t remember if this was ever confirmed as it would have been in the early days but I’m sure it was said one of the girls asked if he was still behind them?! ( take with a pinch of salt it’s been years) but if that did happen he had been following them on the bridge.

MOO

The shocking/tragic murder of AW and LG in Delphi, Indiana and the police investigation almost reads like the 1956 novel "Peyton Place"...lots of poignant undercurrents. I agree, how could a small tight knit city 2.73 square miles with roughly 3,000 residents swamped with national/international media attention, FBI agents, interstate police units searching, broadcasting--turning Delphi inside out for clues and information not shake loose the person(s) responsible for the girl's murder until 5 years later? It's not an exaggeration to say, the "bridge guy" was staring nearly everyone daily in the face for years, and the Delphi Sheriff said as much in his press release back in 2017--the man responsible was likely local and even in the press room listening to the release! Not to mention LG captured his picture and voice on her phone right before she died. How much more information/proof does one need to pinpoint a potential murderer?? IMO, there seems to have been multiple factors in play making an arrest difficult to execute. Reasons why folks in Delphi followed the police flow content to let the investigation slowly play out might be due to community denial/rationalization, along with protecting innocent people. It seems possible to me that more than one person was involved in killing the girls, with more than one motive for the murders.
Yes maybe some cognitive dissonance, people questioning their sanity for possibly thinking such thoughts about the local, friendly chemist dispenser ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998