Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #150 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think lone wolf. I am not convinced we will get much tomorrow either apart from the very basics.

I think he saw two vulnerable young teenagers as he crossed their path on the bridge and turned around and went back for them.

I can’t remember if this was ever confirmed as it would have been in the early days but I’m sure it was said one of the girls asked if he was still behind them?! ( take with a pinch of salt it’s been years) but if that did happen he had been following them on the bridge.

MOO
I agree, the only child killers I've ever heard about in the news have 99% of the time acted alone, apart from some high profile killers like the moors murderers (UK).

Weird question maybe but does the media ever confer with police about whether to run interviews & such or are there agreed about things not to cover? I’m curious specifically about how no one has come forward so far to talk about knowing him or what he did for a living before 2017. Is it possible that if this was relevant to an investigation, they’d be ask not to share it publicly?

You know, I would not be surprised if he did see the girls close to AW's house. That makes sense to me. Obviously we don't know for sure, but it does make sense, and he would also know what time they (or at least AW) went/came back from school, their routines, etc. I wouldn't be shocked quite frankly if he did follow them before. Maybe that's why Libby recorded him that time, to show an adult that the creepy guy had followed them again...

I go back and forth on the phone. I feel like he would have been able to figure out LE could access the video anyway, so why bother taking the phone and risking it. But IDK. I'm not sure on that.

The KAK thing is weird. My thinking is, coincidences can happen, and being teen girls in this world of social media, the sad fact is they would encounter creeps ALL THE TIME online and offline. It's sad and disgusting, but doesn't necessarily point to KAK actually being involved in the murders themselves IMO.

Everything MOO and subject to change after PC.
Hopefully we will know the answers to these questions very soon, probably not tomorrow but soon! Could it be that KK was actually going to meet the girls as he said and he waited but the BG had already got to them so he left ?

I only wish that LE could be protected from the nasty aspect online sleuths, those who post degrading, rude and uninformed comments that undermine the credibility of those who are working hard on the case. LE can't answer back to the entitled types who claim they have "bungled the case". They can't tell the world that they have the culprit in hand.
Oh how I agree. I have often thought about how some could be educated as to what real effect their comments, leaked tips, etc, actually have on a case. I’m not sure how to educate the public or “crime groups” in this regard but would love to! They can help- but oh, they can harm.

I am also very thankful that WS protects family and others associated and keeps them from being sleuthed.

I would guess he was possibly interviewed early on due to his proximity to Abby’s house, and possibly more importantly proximity to the crime scene, as canvassing is standard protocol. Police 101 would be to go door to door and ask if residents in the area if they saw anything, have cameras, etc.

As for if he was on their radar specifically, and interviewed further as a person of interest, I/we look forward to finding that out.
[Snipped for emphasis]
I am not going to surprised if we find out that LE did talk to him at some point after the murders, either through canvassing or a tip. After all something like 15 tips had RL as the suspect in the first month. With a task force of 100-200 personnel in first 2-3 months and THOUSANDS of tips in that same period could he have been spoken to by LE? I believe it is very likely, but something was missed. An alibi not probably vetted, something he said should peaked LE's interest but didn't or the right question(s) was not asked. Whether he is the killer or not, I do believe LE spoke to him.

The shocking/tragic murder of AW and LG in Delphi, Indiana and the police investigation almost reads like the 1956 novel "Peyton Place"...lots of poignant undercurrents. I agree, how could a small tight knit city 2.73 square miles with roughly 3,000 residents swamped with national/international media attention, FBI agents, interstate police units searching, broadcasting--turning Delphi inside out for clues and information not shake loose the person(s) responsible for the girl's murder until 5 years later? It's not an exaggeration to say, the "bridge guy" was staring nearly everyone daily in the face for years, and the Delphi Sheriff said as much in his press release back in 2017--the man responsible was likely local and even in the press room listening to the release! Not to mention LG captured his picture and voice on her phone right before she died. How much more information/proof does one need to pinpoint a potential murderer?? IMO, there seems to have been multiple factors in play making an arrest difficult to execute. Reasons why folks in Delphi followed the police flow content to let the investigation slowly play out might be due to community denial/rationalization, along with protecting innocent people. It seems possible to me that more than one person was involved in killing the girls, with more than one motive for the murders.
I don’t see a lot of resemblance with the BG picture and the arrested suspect. But truth is, every resident there may have contacted the police with his name. They could not arrest him without evidence. And LE really never let people know more information than the short video of this guy saying “down the hill”. As far as his dress that day, he looked any guy in Indiana.

I see many posts suggesting this was an unplanned crime, I wonder how common it is to wander around with guns/knives handy for such an impromptu event? Please forgive me for sounding on the naive side, I'm Canadian and we don't walk around armed with murder gear as a general rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther