IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart hurts so much for these sweet girls!!! Uuuugggh. It seems to me that Liberty (at least) has a whole lot of experience outdoors with her friends and family. And seems to love photography. In a day and age when people will shame you for letting kids stay inside and watch tv and play video games, they will also shame you for letting your teenager go with a friend to a place they know well to take some pictures and enjoy the outdoors- probably while mom had to finish her work day. I cannot fault anyone, other than the person responsible (if there is one). As parents, we do the best we can. That's all I can say about that.

And if there are 2 girls, if one gets taken or hurt, it is likely the other will, too. They are of the age that they still comply when given a command by an adult. Especially one with threat. And they do no leave their friends behind.

As for the "state of their bodies"- I really hope I am wrong... I mean I REALLY hope I am wrong, but my first thought was they were unclothed. That is a real quick way to think it wasn't an accident.

I am really so sad after looking at Liberty's facebook pics last night. She just seemed so happy and kind and full of life. I am anxiously waiting to find out what happened. Even though I want them safe, that can't happen. So I guess my next horrible choice would I would prefer it to be self-inflicted, rather than a violent act. At least they would have had choice in that. I hate the whole thing.

I looked at the snapchat photo and I didn't see any lurking people - that's just me tho - they just looked like trees to me. But what was up with the time stamps on the photo? And who Is Ali? Is that who she was sending it to? As is probably obvious - I don't snapchat - so the way the screen is set up is pretty mysterious to me - sorry. If someone can explain that would be lovely.

Marking my spot and will start re-reading back posts.

Used to hike with my cousins and a friend back in the day , along old railroad tracks about a half mile from my grandparents' home. :(
Never thought of it as being dangerous.
Poor girls !

I just read about the girls on the DM website. So heartbreaking. I hope they were not lured there by an online predator. Thinking of their families and friends and praying for justice if this is confirmed to be homicide.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Is it possible that it was suicide? I would like to believe that after investigation they will make that determination. Or at least i hope.

This is the first thing that popped into my head, too; however, I assume since they are saying they suspect foul play, there must be something at the scene that allows them to make that determination.

Poor girls!!

Not defending the above statement because I personally think it's an insulting thing to say to a concerned community. However I have to wonder if what was being implied is that this is a small community and there is probably gossip in the community about what happened, who may have been arrested etc. Perhaps he feels he doesn't need to answer the question as locals already have a good idea of what may have happened.
RSBM

I found that wording a little odd, myself.

But, maybe he meant the community might have a good idea of who may be responsible ? So he said this to prevent a 'lynch mob' mentality ??

(Just checking for an update)

:(

Finally caught up reading.
You're not alone. My first thought also was L & L and how much they were alike. One girl was smaller than the other. Both of them happened on a trail when they were alone. The bodies in both cases were found on near a bend in the river. I checked the map. Evansdale and Delphi are 400 miles apart or 6 hrs (I-280, I-80, and I-65 or I-20, I-90 and I-65). Someone living between would have about a three hour drive either way.

I would think that they should have been able to ID them right off with less than 24 hours after death.

Looking at the pictures and maps shown on the links, it looks like they were found near a bend in the river which wouldn't have been right under the trestle.

Anxiously awaiting any new details.

This is driving me stir crazy. Out of curiosity I wanted to see if any sexual predators (pure assumption and speculation) live in the area and I came across about 11 registered sex offenders 3 miles or less from the area the girls were dropped and the bodies were found. I did a last name search on the friends list of Liberty German to see if I'd hit on any of the last names. Only 1 was a hit and I may have a match, but am not 100% sure.

Knowing how much kids are on FB and other social media...had they posted any plans about their hike , or was it 'spur of the moment' plan ?
And, did anyone else know in advance that they were going to be hiking that day and time ?

The only person/s at fault is the perpetrator/s of whatever foul play happened here.
Two 13 year old girls - not toddlers or young children, but teenagers only a couple of years off being able to drive and work - should absolutely be able to walk through a familiar outdoor environment for a couple of hours and not come to harm.
Any other suggestion is victim blaming.
And I don't see any people in the trees in that photo. Just trees/shadows.

That looks like bollards to me to stop vehicles going onto bridge. I also do not see anyone in the trees.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
This is a screen grab from a video exploring the Monon Railroad posted to youtube in December. The images at the end look like barricades.
attachment.php

[video=youtube;mEKbqb_szEU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEKbqb_szEU[/video]

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 6.45.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 6.45.16 PM.png
    419.2 KB · Views: 1,446
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online