IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The geocache hip bag sold on the cache site sort of resembles what BG has on his right side.

Attachments

• molle-excursion-organizer-olive_500.jpg
    molle-excursion-organizer-olive_500.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 143
The podcasts are upsetting to listen to. Won't say any more don't want to violate ToS.

deleted by me realizing now against TOS, not sure what the TOS is on that, will try to see. Or maybe not, don't need to be any more upset than I already am.)

Saw this post on Facebook.
I'm a little behind here, but I have seen it referenced.
If someone has already posted this my apologies in advance!
Time to catch up!

http://www.kwwl.com/story/34591309/...s-between-indiana-murders-lyric-and-elizabeth

That case has stuck in my mind since it happened. There are definitely similarities. The police department in Evansdale put up this site with more info on the suspect's possible behavior/motives - http://evansdalepolice.org/suspectinfo.html.

That case has stuck in my mind since it happened. There are definitely similarities. The police department in Evansdale put up this site with more info on the suspect's possible behavior/motives - http://evansdalepolice.org/suspectinfo.html.

(Wow thanks for posting this. I either missed this or it slipped my mind, important stuff, thank you! Is this posted in their thread? When was this updated? Tia.)

Not on any specific topic. This forum has always been respectful and thorough. Years ago when the Zhara Baker case was going I would come for updates. That was probably the most heart breaking case I had seen. Keep up the incredible work in providing a forum with knowledgeable and precise "sleuths".

Again, great to have so many locals here with us. Thanks for your local insight and contributions!

Thanks for posting this. I have a feeling every point on their list applies in this case. Local, not a drifter, blends in, crime of opportunity in a familiar area, etc. Has anyone shaved his mustache recently, follows the news but doesn't want to talk about the murders, experienced life stressors before the murders?

I can honestly say I've read every post on every thread and I am caught up.

I wanted to post this article re: Child Homicides and the Psychology of the Perpetrators because as I was reading, I didn't read a lot about the criminology/victimology, forensic psychology of the BG, and statistics for this type of crime and I think it's a very important topic for discussion.

Here is an excerpt containing important facts and statistics from that article:

"Published in the academic journal Victims and Offenders, this review conducted in the United States, also confirms that police can infer a lot about who committed the crime just from the age of the victim. When a child is younger than five, the suspect, who is equally likely to be male or female, is most probably from within the same family, not motivated by the urge to molest and tends to kill using their hands. When the child is between the ages of five and 12, the suspect is most often male, a close friend or a stranger, sexually compulsive, killing using means such as strangling. Finally, if the child victim is between 13 and 17, the suspect is most likely to be a close friend or a stranger, sexually driven and killing with weapons.

Heide and colleagues also report on the most complete previous study of sexually motivated child abduction murders. Analysis of 621 cases representing 44 states across the U.S. showed that in 44 percent of the cases the victim was deceased within one hour after they were abducted. Within three hours, 74 percent of victims were dead. Fast action in missing children cases becomes vital because data suggests there is typically a two-hour delay after a child is reported missing.

Heide, Beauregard and Myers also report location patterns now play a crucial rule in the way forensic science is used to apprehend culprits. They report studies which conclude that in the majority of cases (72 percent,) the radius from the body recovery site to murder scene is less than 200 feet. The distribution was different when it came to journey from the initial contact setting to the murder site: 31 percent travelled 0–199 feet, whereas 43 percent trekked 1.5–12 miles.

Christine Gregoire an Attorney General from Washington State reports the killers are usually at the initial contact site for legitimate reasons. They either lived in the area or were engaging in some routine. She also reports most child abduction murders are opportunistic. Only in 14 percent of cases was the victim picked out because of some physical characteristic. The initial contact site is within 1/4 mile of the victim’s last known location in 80 percent of cases."

Here is a link to that article: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...rs-children-psychology-profiles-child-killers

I am also going to attach a dissertation that thoroughly discusses child-abduction/homicides and the cited perpetrator's geographical habits and how the crime scene in its location and how the victims were left (which we don't know yet) among many other assailant tendencies is also invaluable to understanding the MO of these vicious killers, and hopefully bringing Abby and Libby's killer to justice ... This paper is long, but it is incredible resourceful even if skimmed, IMO:

http://academicworks.cuny.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1545&context=gc_etds

I think it's important for us to analyze criminology and the statistics of child murders because, Science... And there are different types of killers motivated by different types of scenarios and victims. Do we think he's a "Lust", "Mission-Oriented", "Visual", or "Power and Control" type of killer? As described here:

https://sites.google.com/site/psych...hat-are-the-different-types-of-serial-killers

*I'm aware he may not be a serial killer, but, for reference sake, this type of killing can be ascribed to the methodologies often used by serial killers*

Let me know what you all think. :thinking:

(Wow thanks for posting this. I either missed this or it slipped my mind, important stuff, thank you! Is this posted in their thread? When was this updated? Tia.)
I found it on the UnresolvedMysteries subreddit. The Evansdale police insist that the case is not cold. Someone on the thread mentioned that the suspect had to be very confident in their ability to pull off such a crime with it being 2 girls in broad daylight. I think the same assessment can be made for this case.

Agreed. I wanted to say something also but decided not to for same reason.

I'm sitting on my couch trying not to scream out of sheer excitement over that amazing find. Seriously, it's HUGE. I have a strong feeling LE knows and this is why they were hinting that it wasn't a chance encounter.

But WOW. Well, there goes sleeping tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I can't figure out what I am missing no matter how much I scroll back through the pages.

Agreed. I wanted to say something also but decided not to for same reason.

Can you please use the "reply with quote" button so we know what you are referring to? Thanks in advance (tia). :)

LE have already stated that EVERY tip should be sent in, no matter how insignificant. My signature...

:bump:

"The Indiana State Police Alliance has established an account for individuals or businesses wishing to donate to the Delphi Reward Fund.

Checks should be made payable to:
The Indiana State Police Alliance Foundation
“Delphi Reward” should be entered on the memo line

Donations can be mailed to:
1451 Shelby St.
Indianapolis, IN 46203

If you have any tips to share, call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at 844-459-5786, the Indiana State Police at 800-382-7537 or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office at 765-564-2413.

Investigators have also added an email address where you can send tips. That address is abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com. All information can be reported anonymously. "

attachment.php

Attachments

• abby-libby-billboard~2.jpg
    abby-libby-billboard~2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 779
And I can't figure out what I am missing no matter how much I scroll back through the pages.

That's because posts have been removed. I gather that someone posted a link to a geocaching site, and on that site people have located a user that has some sort of connection to the bridge or the girls.

That's because posts have been removed. I gather that someone posted a link to a geocaching site, and on that site people have located a user that has some sort of connection to the bridge or the girls.

Can anyone elaborate without violating TOS so that those of us that didn't get to see the posts can know what was there?

Correct. It was me. But half of it was a false alarm (the connection). Again, my deepest apologies to everyone. It did also show, though, that Libby was into geocaching.

Thankyou, I just saw the thread was closed for awhile and things were deleted. So that explains it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen C