IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The owners of Impact Zone in Lafayette and Monticello wanted to give back to their community. They came up with an idea to offer a free seminar. Erica Reyes runs the location in Monticello.

“You don’t need to be scared; you don’t need to feel like evil wins; that’s the message I want the parents to take away,” Reyes said. “Evil won’t win, if we don’t let it.”

Instructors ran through all the different scenarios such as being grabbed, how to respond, and how to be more aware of your surroundings.

“We would like every child to attend a self-defense course just to make them feel better, to make them feel like their safer. Bring the community back to a better state of mind,” she said.

A cyber expert also attended the free seminar and talked with parents about online safety.

http://wlfi.com/2017/03/02/kids-and-parents-attend-self-defense-seminar-in-delphi/

Unfortunately I cannot view any recent article due to needing a subscription :gaah:

I can access the Comet site just fine, and do not get a notice a subscription is needed. It may be the device you are using... not sure.

http://www.carrollcountycomet.com

It really is an interesting site, because each article has a feature where names of people or relevant events is in a bold font. If you click on the bolded names, it provides a pop-up with any other article or arrest report regarding that name.

Edited: it does seem any newer article does require the subscription feature. If you can Google an older article, you can see how the site works. Try an older article like this one: http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2006-05-17/local_News/032.html

Hello all.

Long time lurker on the site, first time poster. I don't know if it was fate that brought me to this page and this post, but I landed here out of all of the random cases that I could have browsed.

I have not read all of the threads and posts on this discussion. As I said, I just happen to click on this page from this thread and find something I could reply to. That is very odd.

I did go back and re-read the first couple pages of the initial thread on this case in order to familiarize myself.

Anyhow, on to my reply...

I am unable to open the link provided where it appears that member teeandcee located a similar Rothco bag online. Rothco is an importer and wholesaler that has been in the business for years, and does not actually manufacture anything that they sell. It is conceivable that the logo is on a bag marketed by Rothco but sold in many places. Rothco products typically fill out the voids in small independent gun shops that want to stock some tactical gear, or Army-Navy stores.

That being said, the logo to me also resembles the stylized lion design, as member catastrophe_ shared.

But, furthermore, the tactical gear company London Bridge Training uses a similar stylized lion (for lack of a better term), and has handed out promotional bags similar to the one in the photo. I have seen them given away at the LBT booths at the SHOT show at least twice in the past seven years or so that I've attended the show. From memory, the LBT promo bags given out looked slightly different from the photo, however similar enough that it grabbed my attention.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

Does it look to anyone else like there are numbers or letters in this red box? It kinda looks like it could say 2011 or COLTS. Could be a watermark or something from the website its on. Or could be nothing.

The other pic is the one I noticed it on.
32af8f83f4ec9839a762502d0300c14d.jpg
b07d18612716efb7eaabeda0cc21b7de.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

In looking at online news stories, I notice that non-USA newspaper are referring to the "Snapchat murders" or the "Snapchat murderer", which obviously implies that he located them through Snapchat. I am thinking that that is just their sensationalist way of referring to it, since there are a couple of Snapchat photos they can print in the stories. I suppose one story used those phrases and media outlets just picked it up. But it bothers me, because either it's inaccurate and misleading, or there are details they have somehow gotten ahold of that we don't know. But so far I haven't seen any real info linking the murders to Snapchat, so I'm guessing it's the former.

ETA: Some of these news stories discuss the idea that the murderer may be visible in the background of the Snapchat photos. Even the images that were explicitly ruled out by LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think when you title it "Snapchat Murders" instead of "Indiana Murders" or some other title, it is probably to generate views and clicks...

Although, looking at my Snapchat app, there is a "find nearby" option for adding friends, so it is possible that the app was used to discover them nearby. It's not exactly a public app like Twitter or Instagram are though.

anything new, i guess there isnt this s so frustrating :(

[video=twitter;837471334640857088]https://twitter.com/ispperu/status/837471334640857088[/video]

I too think it's a Dickies navy blue jacket with front snaps and a hoodie inside.

The white at the top below his mouth flops about (see the GIF someone made of the 2 pix) but keeps it's stiffness so I though perhaps white nylon rope.
attachment.php

T
2. Jacket is a Dickies Blue Snap Front Jack with a drawstring.

MO. What I'm baffled by is the white stuff around his mouth area. It appears as either it's smoke from a cigar or cigarette or it could in fact be a plastic bag handle sticking out. I tend to think it more possible it may be a cigar just the way his lips look look behind the white area. One thing I also kinda of noticed was an area in the breaks of his jacket it looks like there's an image there possibly a t-**** design or if it is a plastic bag stuck in there with whatever else he had?

We have a daughter and this just hits home like being hit with a hammer.

Attachments

• dickies.jpg
    dickies.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 633
The "star" on the fanny pack picture posted early reminds me of the US Army Star.
5a6326193b0d19abf8ec248720b33c63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be more inclined to think the logo was something from Browning (posted above), Mossy Oak, Cabelas, Bass Pro, HeyBo, OzarkTrail, something that like

I think you are close ... I was thinking the logo was probably from something like a sporting goods or farming community store-- like Tractor Supply, The Andersons, Cabelas, etc. Could be something like International Harvester, motorcycle logo, even a flag or eagle.

I was looking at logos earlier and found a page with a lot of belt buckle logos (could also be on other items). I found a few close, but not quite right, but someone else may do better with them. http://www.bucklesofestes.com/IH and tractor buckles.htm

“People are a little more cautious than anything, especially having anything to do with their children, just keeping a wary eye on them,” Slocum said. “And I’ve seen some reports in the media where people have indicated that they’re afraid and that just breaks my heart as a police officer because that’s why we do this job — to keep people safe and free of crime.”

Meanwhile, relatives of the murdered teens visited the Indiana State Police’s operations center in Delphi on Wednesday, Slocum said.

“We showed them what we’re doing and how hard we’re working on their behalf for their loved ones,” he said. “They seemed to be appreciative and obviously it’s a public crime, but it’s very private to them. They were very somber, but I think they appreciated us reaching out to make sure we’re doing everything we can.”

Slocum, an 18-year veteran of the state police, said the double murder investigation has been “unique” at every turn.

“That is unique in itself, all the different agencies coming together for these girls,” he told The Post. “It’s actually pretty inspiring how hard people are working to solve this case.”

Several Delphi residents have said the high-profile crime has impacted their everyday routines.

Through a translator, Jesus Garcia, a father of three in the town, said he had “never felt fear” before the killings.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/02/massiv...d-girls-generates-tons-of-tips-but-few-leads/

I have a question for any locals if they don't mind. <modsnip>

Of all the people that may be in a position of authority to children (or adults) in the area (besides police of course), what types of individuals are in and around this area most and what groups if any regularly use the trails with these types of individuals.

To help brainstorm here are some ideas/examples I have:

DNR - In our state parks they work with kids in groups for fieldtrips. Was this area regularly used for this purpose? Now, most DNR are also some of the highest ranking officers in an area, sometimes higher than certain types of LE depending on the location, land, its jurisdiction, etc. I'm not really talking about sworn park rangers or officers, as they are typically just like LE in most areas and operate as such in their parks. I'd be more interested in non-official employee. Trash, check-in, out, maintenance, etc. What besides gravel, wood, etc., are on the trails? Is there lighting, water stations, etc.

Conservancy (Rails to Trails - Are they active?), Child Services groups - A lot of supervised visits happen at parks, etc. Corporate team building groups - Zip Lines? Any other co-mingled businesses?

Local area bed and breakfasts, Inns not known to all of use who don't need to advertise online, Children's Camps, Local Pool (Our Boys and Girls Club uses what we call a greenway trail (Franklin, IN) to transport 100 kids everyday from the location to the pool in the summer).

Just trying to get a feel for who's regularly in, around and working with the area in an official capacity.

Thanks,

I want every one of you to know I took one for the team and googled "Walmart fanny packs". :eek: It wasn't pretty and to add insult to injury, I found nothing that may help with identifying the logo. Now, I need to go watch April the giraffe mosey around for a while.

:silly: :slap: I bet I know what you found, and it wasn't pretty :notgood:

I really hope whoever this is doesn't have overwatch clothing on. As someone (a mom, no less) who is a more or less avid video gamer I get disheartened when video games are blamed for the violence of people who play them. It is what it is, I guess, but I get frustrated and sad.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I wouldn't suggest that it's the fault of a video game. I'm an avid gamer myself. If anything, it might point to his age group.

<snip>

2. Jacket is a Dickies Blue Snap Front Jack with a drawstring.

<snip>

In describing the clothing to my son, without even thinking I had referred to it as a Dickies jacket. So, obviously, I agree with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I too think it's a Dickies navy blue jacket with front snaps and a hoodie inside.

The white at the top below his mouth flops about (see the GIF someone made of the 2 pix) but keeps it's stiffness so I though perhaps white nylon rope.
attachment.php
That could be what appears behind his head. ?

is it possible that the white we are seeing peak out of his jacket is white rope? seems like something is stuffed into his jacket (under his jacket) and he is holding it up.

The lack of progress on this case is starting to get worrisome............... I expect LE to put on a brave face and say they are chasing down leads and getting closer, they always say that. I expect LE to tell the families they are getting closer and have their eye on somebody. I expect LE to shun the media and tell them "We'll call you, you don't need to call us".

Why do I expect these things ? I just came off another case........Danielle Stislicki................second verse, same as the first.

Truth is.......everyday that goes by with no results is a bad sign. All the hope, all the expectations, all of the anticipation...............unanswered.

Maybe this case will turn out differently..........but right now it sure doesn't feel like it.

Hey steelman, your post reminded me that I responded to an earlier post of yours - duh, about 30 seconds before the thread closed and we moved on - where you expressed thoughts about the perp having longtime fantasies about committing this crime. It might have been the last thread or the one before it - I've lost track in the Tunnel of Time, lol...

Anyway, I strongly agree that the perp had fantasized such a scenario for a long time. If that is true then it's a little concerning since prior similar cases I've seen often didn't raise red flags until after the murder. One I mentioned in my post was about a Michigan man who acted out his long time fantasy of necrophilia on his fiancee's daughter. Although he had served time for a murder, the church community who hired him as a pastor felt he had redeemed himself based on his seemingly "born again" behavior.

Another case I suspect is that of Madyson Middleton's murder. Then are the so-called "toy box" kidnappings. It goes on and on and IMO there are more perps out there fantasizing and planning out horrendous crimes than we think.

The good news seems to be that the perps are so focused on living out their fantasy that when the opportunity arises they act in haste and make big mistakes - mistakes that eventually lead LE right to their doorstep. The bad news is that other than some prior history - sometimes involving LE and sometimes not - there was little that would raise concern until it was too late. IOW, in retrospect people close to the perp realized that something was off and wished they had acted on their gut feelings.

I understand that my thoughts won't lead to the discovery of the who murdered Abigail and Liberty but I am confident that eventually someone close to him will begin to suspect him based on odd behavior that they no longer can explain away.

One thing that crossed my mind was a perp who currently is living off the grid. He doesn't necessarily exhibit crazy behavior ala Timothy McVeigh or a "survivalist," rather someone who was known in the community who dropped out of sight in the past year or so.

I had a friend who did exactly that. He wasn't any kind of a nutjob, he just wanted to try living without being connected to the grid. After a few years he got tired of roughing it and came back to our circle of friends. In the meantime though he pretty much also droped out of our thoughts. I wouldn't have connected him to any local crime because, well, I wasn't even thinking about him anymore.

I have no answwers, just throwing out some thoughts. All of this is my own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11