IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep that's where we got the Amber alert!
And quite honestly, I think there could be a connection.jMO

- With some good clues as we don't use to have in other crimes - vídeo/voice sound of the perp

- With a reward never seen before - 200 and something thousend dollars

- With don't know how many thousend of billboards with the perp's pic

- With the two bodies recovered still 'fresh' after the murder - no decomposition

- With the crime happening in a small town where everyone knows everyone and locals are recognizable and not locals even more

- With 200 LE working in the case everyday full time

- With near a month since the crime

LE has no clues who this monster is!! I do believe they are frustrated and mad about it, I believe they have been working hard, but from their comunication it is easy to realize they still don't know who this 'man' is and are not near to find out.

I am so sorry for these girls and for their families and I so much hope the case doesn't turn colder than it is by now.

Sorry for my post. It is not what we wanted to hear, but my pragmatism tells me they are like in the first day as to what concerns to know who is this waste of space and air to breath.

And I wonder why, with so many never seen things comparing with other crimes :(

What makes you think this is how they were found? May I ask? I was wondering how he had the time to attack them both sexually...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here.

Their deaths were within minutes of being accosted at the SE end of the bridge.

I think they might also.

Getting their ducks in a row.

Some forensics or technical information must have been confirmed today.

JMO

WG

Another possibility....

Ok I have heard LE state on numerous local media (Indianapolis area) that they are actively investigating and executing search warrants everyday. And they have stated that they have made arrests during their investigation but none related to the case of Abby & Libby.

So what if... a big what if... but what if they have arrested someone that they suspect as being the killer but are holding him on another charge? And this could be a violation of parole/probation or another charge that they know he will not be released within a matter of days and they can get their t's crossed and i's dotted.

Just an idea.

Can someone explain to me why Amber Hagerman keeps getting brought up in regards to this perp? Because she was taken during the day? Is there anything else? If thats all it seems kind of like a stretch, JMO.

Under the fingernails maybe.

Sorry, I had to leave for a couple hours. I included Amber because she reminded me vaguely of Lizzy and Abby, was taken during the day while riding her bike (like the cousins), she was abducted on the 13th of the month and her body was found in a creek. Both cases I mentioned are on WS, probably both in cold cases. Unrelated, I believe Amber Hagerman is the one the Amber Alert was named for.

ETA: It was just one of my theories. I don't read FB for information, I do research and form my own bad theories!

Darn phone is messing with my head tonight.I posted a reply to you but it didn't post as a reply.
I said yes indeed that's where we got the Amber alert.
And quite frankly I can see that there could be a connection.

I think the "progress" made has been in eliminating some people, probably via DNA.

I am so very, very sorry that happened to you. You were indeed very lucky.

Sending you {{{{HUGS}}}}

Thank you, crhedBngr. I feel very lucky to be here and take nothing for granted as I once did. Just hoping to put something positive/helpful out there based on my own experience.

Thank you, crhedBngr. I feel very lucky to be here and take nothing for granted as I once did. Just hoping to put something positive/helpful out there based on my own experience.

. . . and that is much, much appreciated.

Thanks.

The distance is irrelevant to Portage Assistant Police Chief Ted Uzelac, who is among a few local police officers helping out with the high-profile homicide investigation.

"This kind of crime has no boundaries," he said. "We're here to help."

In addition to Portage and Valparaiso, other local agencies lending a hand include*the Lake County Sheriff’s Department, the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department, and the Gary, Hammond and Hobart police departments, said Bob Ramsey, supervisory special agent for the FBI’s GRIT Task Force.

The local officers, who serve on several federal task forces, have been rotating in for a day or two to assist with the large number of leads the case has generated, Ramsey said. The officers began assisting shortly after the homicides, he said.

“There is no indication of any link to the Region,” Ramsey said.

<snip>

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_bf7ab9e4-c98b-56b0-a06c-67d15d75f715.html

I agree that he is likely very familiar with the area. The point I was trying to make was that he could be or may have been from at least a somewhat local area that would have allowed him to visit enough to be very familiar with the park, the trails, when it's busier, etc. But I also wonder if he frequented the park for some particular reason that was significant to him for some reason. But I also wonder if he kept his visits to (and maybe an obsession with) the park secret so people that do know him wouldn't know he did this and therefore wouldn't suspect him.

I think locals probably know a lot more than us - that bridge has been around for a while. Who knows when he first visited. The people there that day and days prior are key to this investigation. If I were there I would undergo hypnosis to try and help LE.

Oh good, I am glad. So that puts an end to who said what then. I see someone just a few post above this one did too. Phew.

However, now it bugs me that I cannot find that interview that I had been looking for!!

Must. Sleuth. More.

Check in the beginning threads re stuff "that nightmares are made of" discussion.

The poster clearly wrote "imo" which means it was her/his opinion.

ETA- no snark intended- tone is hard to read. <modsnip> Let's hope tomorrow being more information- more to discuss.

I'm a former Marine with a background in Intel, HUMINT and SIGINT, it will take more than your comment to piss me off.

Here's my question on sketches : why is there NOT a sketch of the guy in black that was seen and spoken to by the young girls who talked about who they saw in the park that day on the trail(s)? If they really said hello to him, he had to have had a face! Skin color, height, weight, and all that. Just asking.

That means it's probably a rumor and not credible. JMO. Even if it is credible, maybe they don't remember his face, which would leave us with a sketch of someone in black clothing. Not too helpful.

Oh good, I am glad. So that puts an end to who said what then. I see someone just a few post above this one did too. Phew.

However, now it bugs me that I cannot find that interview that I had been looking for!!

Must. Sleuth. More.
Someone else gave you the interview info upthread but she was a first time poster and couldn't figure out how to quote.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Another possibility....

Ok I have heard LE state on numerous local media (Indianapolis area) that they are actively investigating and executing search warrants everyday. And they have stated that they have made arrests during their investigation but none related to the case of Abby & Libby.

So what if... a big what if... but what if they have arrested someone that they suspect as being the killer but are holding him on another charge? And this could be a violation of parole/probation or another charge that they know he will not be released within a matter of days and they can get their t's crossed and i's dotted.

Just an idea.

My speculation, based on other cases. They would say they have a suspect in custody that they are holding on other charges. Just MOO I hope you are right but i kinda doubt it

This is true, although, think about how many DNA samples they had to check due to the search party. Think about how long it took to acquire DNA samples from family members and everyone involved including Sex Offenders from around the area.

Not to mention the backlog of DNA cases. It also depends on what type of DNA and the quality of it. I'm sure LE pushed for quicker results. In my opinion, it probably took a couple weeks to get it back and LE has been sitting on it.

Do you think if they had been able to match the evidence to a known person but do not know the whereabouts of that person that they would publish his name at this point? I kind of think they would keep it sealed as they tried to close in him.
I don't think they have any idea about a name. If they did, but didn't know where he was, they could get a better photograph. Maybe from a driver's license. Maybe from social media. Maybe from a relative. Instead, they are relying on a fuzzy screen cap or two. They have asked the public for help, so I don't think they would hide the name if it also means relying on those bad pictures.

If they put his name out there, it would only help, IMO. Maybe a friend knows where he is, but doesn't recognize him from the images. A name puts an end to the "I don't think my buddy would do that" equivocation.

I also don't think they are keeping the name back because they think he might run. They could always keep an eye on him until the arrest is made.

The only reason I could see them withholding his name is to keep him from destroying evidence. If they have DNA, though, it seems like an unlikely motivation.

In all likelihood, they have no idea who or where he is. They say they are getting closer because forensic tests are coming back and they have eliminated some possible suspects.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I personally believe they have no suspects. If they were onto someone, they wouldn't need to create a profile. I just get the sense from the way they're talking that they have very little to go on at the moment. JMO, and hope I'm wrong.

MOO but I think LE has a strong suspect in mind but someone is providing him with a false alibi.

This is why we have an emphasis on "someone knows who this is/we need that person to come forward."

What was the one guy's name that we were allowed to discuss? He has a FB post.

MOO but I think LE has a strong suspect in mind but someone is providing him with a false alibi.

This is why we have an emphasis on "someone knows who this is/we need that person to come forward."
I THink DNA would trump an alibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member