IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. I don't think they are going to tell us if they have DNA from the crime scene. But they are collecting DNA from possible suspects, which tells me that they might be looking for a match to DNA from the crime scene. Possibly.

That's exactly what I think as well, and I hope DNA, other evidence they have, and tips help bring this monster to justice.

As time progresses I get more frustrated and disheartened by this case. While the heart and want to find the murderer is there by MANY people, I cant shake the feeling that there are no leads in this case. I really truly hope that this case gets solved. That whomever did this gets brought to justice and the family gets the peace they deserve. LE needs to be a bit more forthcoming with what they have. Perhaps release more information, release more details. Maybe if we have a COD someone who recognizes BG will feel they know a monster and turn him in. Fact is, we dont know much of anything and trying to piece together a 100 piece puzzle when almost 90% of the pieces are missing is beyond frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Police will not release the COD.

I'm very sure this man without the hoodie and the jacket looks very different.
We don't know what he looks like

JMO, someone knows who this man is. Question is, are they scared to call in the tip or does LE have an idea who he is. I think the answer is yes to both but they need concrete evidence like prints (Boots; another poster NIN suggested this) to nail the guy

For the athletic theory to be true he would have to have known them.... either girl was wearing anything sports related from what we were told, we can see Abbys clothes and tie dye tshirt and sweats dont scream D1 bound college player, it does say teenage kid. If I saw Abby like she was dressed that day I would not have guessed she was an athlete... maybe a dancer but not heavy into sports JMO

Police will not release the COD.

Crimes can not be solved in an hour like the CSI shows on TV. Most cases on here show that investigations take time and we are not privy to the info LE probably has.

Ugh, had this all typed and page vanished...oh well. Anyway I worked a tip line years ago and cases with images like a c-store hold-up brought in tips like crazy, none helpful in the end. People see pictures on TV and long to get involved. The number of tips does not solve a case, obviously. Just the right one. But in a case like this, LE seems to have little choice but to hope the public comes through.

I still have seen very little on this case outside of WS links, as I seldom turn on my tv, never watch morning shows etc..millions of people remain unaware, Imo.

Anyway...today was about as I expected, unfortunately. It is really a shame that image can't be focused.

Jmo

The story was on the NBC morning show, pics of girls and the suspect from the bridge, this morning. I saw a billboard in CT on I95 yesterday. Seems like wide coverage.

I really dislike the turn this thread has taken, so I think I'll take a break.

Praying for justice for Abby and Libby.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

For the athletic theory to be true he would have to have known them.... either girl was wearing anything sports related from what we were told, we can see Abbys clothes and tie dye tshirt and sweats dont scream D1 bound college player, it does say teenage kid. If I saw Abby like she was dressed that day I would not have guessed she was an athlete... maybe a dancer but not heavy into sports JMO

In the press conference TODAY, Libby's grandfather stated that the girls were excited about the start of softball. The day before the murder, they got out their uniforms and were practicing their batting stances.

I really dislike the turn this thread has taken, so I think I'll take a break.

Praying for justice for Abby and Libby.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I mean no disrespect. I am in no way pointing fingers at the girls. I am trying to understand where everyone is coming from. And if this was a hate crime. Maybe I should just scroll back a few pages to catch up

The visible marks left in the community by the murders are small and colorful. Around downtown Delphi, signs in the windows of local businesses encouraged people with information to come forward. A flier in the window of the Carroll County Chamber of Commerce advertised a local campaign to “Light Up Delphi Until Its (sic) Solved,” by way of the distribution of orange light bulbs.

Ribbons of green, blue, purple and pink were tied around lampposts, banisters, trees – essentially anywhere they could be tied – and blew in the breeze.

The rear window of a Hummer urged, in green and purple writing bookended by hearts, “Fly High Sweet Angels.”

The details reflected the community support Patty said he and the families felt – the support they needed to keep going as they wait for a justice that’s yet to be served.

“All we have right now is optimism,” he said.

http://www.idsnews.com/article/2017...in-delphi-double-murder-speaks-for-first-time

In the press conference TODAY, Libby's grandfather stated that the girls were excited about the start of softball. The day before the murder, they got out their uniforms and were practicing their batting stances.

yes so that means the perp had to have know them to all of this ??? correct?

I think this is a large point: that the girls had the chance to separate but didn't. (from the presser) That argues for there being one suspect. It also says something beautiful about this friendship, and makes my heart break all over again.

Mike Patty, German’s grandfather spoke to the public for the first time Thursday since the murder, and said the hope is the teens “will be remembered forever.”

“The donations we’ve received in Libby’s name have been utilized to establish a scholarship fund,” said Patty.

He also plans to use the donations to build a softball field and park in memory of the girls.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-to-be-named-in-honor-of-murdered-delphi-teen

Not know them. Perhaps saw them the day before.

Sooooo... the perp saw them the day before saw they were athletes, female athletes and he has hatred for those types of females so he stalks them all the way to the bridge the next day then kills them???? Am I understanding this theory Apples12?

I recall hearing a long time ago that it's "easy" for people to recognize people they know in a crowd or far away and have noticed this in real practice at concerts, fairs, the mall, etc. I am always able to scan and spot my person. But I just got around to Googling it to see if there was anything on the Internet about it bc it was literally a long, long time ago that I heard it and it just always stuck with me. Found this:

https://psmag.com/why-you-re-able-t...-can-t-see-their-face-8c9710cc6395#.7tpd7dy6i

The article states it is actually easier to recognize someone's body than their face!

So, IMO, someone WILL recognize this guy even if they see just these 2 blurry pics we have. Just need the right person with the right morals to do so!

MOO, etc.

So if you suspect someone you know who has suddenly stopped wearing a blue jacket around the time the picture was released...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not trying to be funny here but when the LEO said "anyone with a blue jacket..." I kind of gasped. I thought, wait, do I have to turn in my husband? I thought it was a pretty dangerous statement - way too generic.

In the beginning, I felt that there was a connection made through social media.They chatted with someone and set up a meeting, met up with the killer but thought they were meeting someone their age. Got frightened, took video of the pervert bothering them. It makes sense to me.
As time has gone on, I am leaning strongly towards crime of opportunity as I expect, by now, if the girls had made a social connection, LE would know. Devices would have been thoroughly scoured by now . There has been no mention (AFAIK) of LE awaiting data from computers etc. Have i missed that?

https://books.google.com/books?id=h...v=onepage&q=hatred of female athletes&f=false

I am picking up on the specific transcript of Mike Patty's statement, clearly prepared with thought. We learned, for instance, that the girls were excited about softball season opening, and had been practicing their batting stances the day before the murders.

The above link references a book that researches the hatred some misogynistic people have of female athletes. This got me thinking about the case in 2012 in Corpus Christi, Texas where two 19 year old women were raped and one was murdered in a remote area near a park overlook. One girl, the survivor, believes in her heart that this was a hate crime targeting her as a lesbian. She was also shot in the head, but lived.

Has anyone thought about this angle? It addresses a possible motive for the murders. There was a hate crime initiative being voted on in February 2017 in Indiana. It was shot down for the second year in a row. See link below:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...na-hate-crime-law-st-0208-20170207-story.html

I'm no psychologist but it seems to me that men who hate women athletes and/or gay women hate them because they can't deal with their own physical weakness and/or being rejected by women. These were children, not yet women, so I just can't see this being in play at all. It seems more about pedophilia to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member