IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold onto your hats.

So far, we only know that a person named RL is being held due to probation violation. Let's not totally tar and feather this guy without full knowledge of what is involved here.

The public document is available. Read it, mentally tuck it away, and wait to see what transpires, but do NOT make accusations or speculate at this point in time. Big leap from some alcohol infractions to murder, so keep your cool.

bumping this.. red-colored part was highlighted by me.. as much of a reminder for myself as everyone else.

:)

THIS Is the last I am going to post about the subject until we learn more but I would like to point out that authorities, The investigators know how sensitive the situation is and surely they took that into account before making an arrest? Maybe not that this man is in his 70s And the community is on edge and looking for answers. They had to realize Arresting him at this time would cause wild speculation and possibly pose a danger to him.

Yes, and if arresting him can wait because he's not a threat to the community then they should've waited. I think they made a big mistake by arresting him now if he's not the perp.

No one would fault him for telling a reporter "no, I just can't do this it hurts " and if someone did I would say they were the creepy ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is why it probably is a no -win situation. Some would understand if he did not do an interview and others would believe it was indicative of guilt etc That may not be right to think that way but as they say you are damned if you do amd damned if you do not... As for me I am unsure how I would react but I would be very shaken up and scared if this happened on my land. I would be petrified and not sure how I would talk. I would be really jumpy and distraught. However everyone reacts differently. BTW I am not analysing the property owner's reaction .

Regarding the sound/appearance of any of the folks that have been "looked at"...

I grew up in farm country, have lived as an adult in several States but all of them north of the 45th parallel. I have met many people whose age would be impossible to judge from appearance- both older and younger than they seem. A life outdoors, doing manual labor or living with any degree of self-sufficiency, can affect people very differently. Some folks seem to "not age well" and their skin is more easily damaged by sun and weather, their joints wear out quickly from heavy work and rough terrain. Others, however, thrive on the exercise/physical activity, may eat a simpler/homegrown/"whole food" subsistence diet, and depending on genetic background can appear much younger than their years, and/or live independently well in to their 90s or beyond.

I think the value of the images that were released is greatest for the chance that someone who knows who it is would recognize him. Beyond that, I think conjecture would be only within very broad parameters. The image and recording are, to me, very familiar, and remind me of thousands of men I've met/seen in my life (and yes, many of us dress that way.) I think one of the greatest values of this site is that we can stay up-to-date on the details, have many eyes to help "verify" which sources are reliable, and then SPREAD THE WORD to people around us who may not be aware and interested, as we are. We can reach people all over the country, or world.

I mean this is as our sleuthing applies to active cases, not so much cold ones. and this is, of course, only the OPINION of a new and inexperienced observer. I have a great deal of respect for the passion, time, energy, and COMpassion that I see in the WS community, and am honored to be accepted here. And please forgive the CAPS. I can't find a bold or italic function anywhere :( Sorry.

I don't think it's RL. His voice is different, older sounding. He is 75 and at that age the typical person would not able to do something like this I think. My own opinion of course.

I do wonder if they've arrested him for his prior as a way to smoke out a family member. Or test DNA...

He's also wearing a coat liner as an outer coat or a coat inside out in the interview. Hummm...

Those quilted jackets are popular among the hunters and older generations here

Hold onto your hats.

So far, we only know that a person named RL is being held due to probation violation. Let's not totally tar and feather this guy without full knowledge of what is involved here.

The public document is available. Read it, mentally tuck it away, and wait to see what transpires, but do NOT make accusations or speculate at this point in time. Big leap from some alcohol infractions to murder, so keep your cool.

:bump:

You can post the court links and discuss the charges.

You CANNOT sleuth this individual relative to Abby's and Libby's murders, as no indication of his involvement has been released. On the contrary, he was cleared. More than likely, in the course of investigating him, these unrelated violations came to light. So, as Sillybiily said, cool your jets.

If it gets out of hand, substantial Time Outs WILL be issued on the spot. You've now been warned.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

ETA: For the umpteenth time, leave the FB gossip ON FB!

TIA for your cooperation.

Quick question, Do we know is the girls went hiking there often or hiked in the area? There young so most likely they would have been with someone previously but was this a regular thing? Obviously, the day of school was out of the ordinary but was this something the girls did at the weekend ? Did they go there the day before?

[FONT=&amp]Indiana winner of $435M Powerball jackpot claims winnings

image001-png_162613.png.cf.jpg
Associated Press Fri, Mar 10 1:29 PM PST

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Hoosier Lottery officials say the winner of last month's $435.3 million Powerball drawing has come forward to claim the winnings. Lottery spokesman Dennis Rosebrough says a Monday news conference will be held in Indianapolis.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/indiana-winner-435m-powerball-jackpot-claims-winnings-212917896.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since I read that the winning Powerball ticket had been sold in Lafayette, Indiana (about 30 minutes from Delphi) I've been hoping and praying that the winner would use some of that money to boost the reward fund, help Abby's and Libby's families, and help the community heal.

Here's hoping for good news at the press conference on Monday!! (To clarify, this is a press conference for the lottery, not the homicide investigation!) Hopefully the winner is someone with a heart!

[/FONT]

Are we allowed to talk about unsubstantiated rumors of who won the lottery? I heard that it was a group of 6 employees of SIA (Subaru) in Lafayette. I hope whoever won does something to help too... and help get the case more attention... if there isn't an arrest (for this case) by that time.

RL seems breathless ( or breathing heavy from exercise) in the interviews, almost like he may have COPD ( sounds like my mom ) yet he was strong enough to tromp uphill easily ( my mom never would be able to do that without an asthma attack) .

I don't think and have never thought it was his voice on the recording

Are we allowed to talk about unsubstantiated rumors of who won the lottery? I heard that it was a group of 6 employees of SIA (Subaru) in Lafayette. I hope whoever won does something to help too... and help get the case more attention... if there isn't an arrest (for this case) by that time.
No rumors, please.

Quick question, Do we know is the girls went hiking there often or hiked in the area? There young so most likely they would have been with someone previously but was this a regular thing? Obviously, the day of school was out of the ordinary but was this something the girls did at the weekend ? Did they go there the day before?

According to the first news reports the girls hiked there often. I don't have a link, sorry.

Just 2 ideas I haven't come across so far... MOO of course, and my first WS post so forgive if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

First, in a 2 perp scenario, could one have hidden at the end under the bridge/trellis while BG drove the girls that direction. They may have thought they were fleeing to safety, only to have a second creep come up behind.

Second, if BG was working alone, perhaps he pushed one of the girls off the platform or rushed her and she fell off. Then he's able to focus on the other. Even get her to go "down the hill" to see if her friend is okay.

Just a couple of theories...can't get these girls off my mind. So heartbreaking.

Welcome to Websleuths, HammyG!! .:welcome:

I posted about the hat on his head awhile back, I still think it's a good clue to ask people to look for. IMO this is definitely a camouflage baseball style ball cap. That's why it blends into the background of the trees so well. The front curve is what gives it away. The BG has spent time bending the front bill over time. I'm from central Indiana, and this was very popular when I was in little league. That's why I think it's an old hat, because it takes time and effort to bend the bill this way. It's a great way to hide your face, because instead of the bill behind flat, it curves down on each side and hides your face very well. You have to fold the bill nearly in half several hundred times in order to get the bill of a hat to stay this way. I drive all over Indiana for a living, and sometimes when I stop for gas in rural areas, I still see men wearing hats this way. You never see it in a city/suburb anymore around here. I'm 34 now, and this was popular when I was around 12 years old. It was popular for a few years. I would guess this guy to be between the age of 30-45. In the picture below, I cut the outline of the ballcap out. I believe he is wearing a grayish color hoodie underneath the jacket, and the hood is coming up from the collar of the coat, and is bunched up behind his head. You can also see the front of the hoodie coming out from his neck area, and what looks to be like a drawstring on the left side.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Yeah, I got the feeling he was 40+. Not 75+, though.

And if he had declined interviews, there would be people calling him creepy and secretive. This guy can't win, due to the fact that is was his property alone. I didn't see anything wrong with this man at all. He sounded like a guy just trying to process what had occurred to me.

Ok, for those who want to get away from the RL probation violation thingy (as the WS admin is cautioning us to do), here is something for everyone do. First hand video of the actual trail.

Go to youtube, search for: Retracing Libby and Abbys steps Monon High Bridge.

A sleuther with her hubby videoed the bridge trail, leaving the trail at the southeast end of the bridge, "down the hill", trekked to the edge of the creek where you can see the yellow police tape across the water. There are a total of 7 videos (1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 5 Part 2.) Very interesting and you can immerse yourself into the wooded, remote area. They encountered a surprise visit from LE who appeared out of nowhere. They discovered that a drone was flying over the area to allow LE to keep an eye on the crime scene area.

Happy viewing! Hope we can get some useful posts from those who watch these youtube vids.

I discovered these videos from another WS poster on an earlier thread.

Maybe these videos will spark some new and improved speculations. I highly recommend them.

A drone? Interesting. Maybe le thinks BG may return to the crime scene? Some killers do but generally when the victims haven't been found. Ted Bundy and author shawcross for example. All IMO. Why the drone?

[video=twitter;840713836231577601]https://twitter.com/ISPIndianapolis/status/840713836231577601[/video]

Sgt. John Perrine‏
Verified account
@ISPIndianapolis 6m
6 minutes ago

Don't forget to be a good friend tonight, call everybody you know at 2am & remind them to change their clocks

Group texts are also acceptable

Friendly reminder from Sgt. Perrine. He has a good sense of humor. No other recent tweets from him.

Apparently the Monon High Bridge area was kind of a hangout for teens in the Delphi area. I saw it mentioned in several MSM reports, but don't have exact links. Libby and Abby both visited it on several occasions.

9-30-5-3(a)(1)/FD: Operating a Vehicle with a BAC of .08 or greater
• Plea by Agreement

This was a Class D felony in Indiana.

03/10/2017 Notice of Violation of Probation

Arrest warrant requested. Arrest warrant ordered issued with no bond allowed.C:CCSD,State3/10/17

File Stamp:
03/10/2017

He violated his probation by operating a vehicle with suspended license. That was a sentence to follow the 2 Y probation as far as I understand. He won't be released on bond as a felon.

ALL IMO!

Court docs:
https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...qY3dNREV3TnpFeU1UTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhObUk9In19

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member