IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what they are searching for. I wish we had pictures! Are they in the house or on the property looking? Does anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. Why are they transferring him?

there could be different theories/reasons...could be overcrowding, could be for his protection, could be bc his dui is from that county....just some of the reasons.

(Going to wash dishes)....waiting on Mods ..I'll have 20 pages when I get back. ;(

My understanding is that LE searched his home when he was arrested for his "probation violation" last Friday, and I also understand that they are legally allowed to do that.

Interesting development, eh folks?

WG

Yes. I am confused about this as well. Am I mistaken in thinking when on probation your property can be searched without a warrant? Or would it be they can search your property, but would need a warrant to seize anything that might be of interest in a crime unrelated to probation and its terms?

So did LE previously enter RL's home with or without a search warrant in this case? I know his property was previously searched but not sure they checked his home.

AFAIK this is the first time LE is searching his home. Which begs the question of why so long? If what the reporters are saying is accurate - that LE is following up on leads (instead of a tip) then it sounds like they're been investigating him for a while. MOO.

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

With the latest search warrant being served at the home of property owner Ron Logan we have decided to open up Ron Logan to sleuthing with these rules:

*Use his initials only (R.L.) or call him the land owner.

*This does not mean you can sleuth his family or neighbors.

*In the event you do discover something about someone else who happens to be connected to R.L. and you think
it is related to the case you must check with us before you post it.

* R.L HAS NOT BEEN NAMED A PERSON OF INTEREST. Please do not accuse him of the crime.

If you have any questions alert on any post and send us your question. Or you can send a private message to one of the mods.

To reiterate, You can now sleuth the land owner R.L. but ONLY R.L. No accusing R.L. or anyone of being the killer.

Thank you,
Tricia

This just in from Alexis McAdams:

BREAKING: ISP,FBI & Carrol Co. Sheriffs served search warrant at home of Ron Logan- owner of the property where the girls bodies were found

[video=twitter;842769551901282304]https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/842769551901282304[/video]

If someone called in a "tip" naming him as a possible suspect, would that, along with location of the bodies, be enough for a warrant?

Reasonable suspicion is all they need to have the probable cause to perform a search.

Hypothetically, if someone said they saw a bloody knife on his property and a knife was used as the weapon, they'd have enough to perform a search for a knife.

Search warrants do have to be specific, though. By specific, you can't just search a mans property for anything that could be related.

They'd need to know what they are looking for, be it a knife, a shirt, a gun, rope, or anything else and they'd have to mention why they have reasonable suspicion to perform the search.

They can't just say we have a tip he may be involved and would like to search for anything connecting him to the crime on his property.

Though, often, if they find something not on the warrant, they can issue another warrant to search for that based on what they found in the unrelated search.

WOW just logged in and got caught up. Had no idea there was a search warrant. Since I have lived in and worked in very small towns in Indiana and understand the culture very well I'm going to put this opinion out there so JMO IMO-- there are many subcultures of "good ol' boys" in towns like this. They work in many facets of government, town councils, churches, schools, committees, sports groups, etc you get the idea. I have first hand experienced situations where the "good ol' boys" do not turn on each other. They take part in private meetings down at the dive bar and leave others out of the mix. With RL's DUI history it would not surprise me if this could be at play. Don't want to turn in one of the "good ol' boys". JMO IMO and all that.

Do we live in the same small Indiana town....lol

Quick question. This thought has been on my mind for sometime. RL's alibi is that he was out of town at the time of the murders. RL was not allowed to drive- correct? He said he was in Lafayette at the time? How did he get there? If the alibi is true then someone else inherently would have to be able to confirm or cover for him. He can't drive so how did he leave his property? Did another friend drive him, did he take a bus? How did he get to the bus? I do not think BG is RL, but I am not yet willing to discount that perhaps RL was privy to certain aspects. Regardless of whether he was involved or not, and as of not technically he was not, I am still curious on his alibi, how he got there and back, and those who would have seen him or helped him during his travel. Moo

Do we know he can't drive? I missed that.

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

With the latest search warrant being served at the home of property owner Ron Logan we have decided to open up Ron Logan to sleuthing with these rules:

*Use his initials only (R.L.) or call him the land owner.

*This does not mean you can sleuth his family or neighbors.

*In the event you do discover something about someone else who happens to be connected to R.L. and you think
it is related to the case you must check with us before you post it.

* R.L HAS NOT BEEN NAMED A PERSON OF INTEREST. Please do not accuse him of the crime.

If you have any questions alert on any post and send us your question. Or you can send a private message to one of the mods.

To reiterate, You can now sleuth the land owner R.L. but ONLY R.L. No accusing R.L. or anyone of being the killer.

Thank you,
Tricia

yea !!!

There doesn't have to be an obvious connection between the property owner and the fact that bodies were found on that property.

In our local serial murders, some of the bodies were found on the grounds of a private boarding school. It turned out that Scesny's father was the groundskeeper/maintenance person during Scesny's adolescence. So there was a connection but not one that was obvious.

Something similar could well apply here. Somebody who either used to live and play in the woods but moved away, or somebody who only visits once in a while, say for the summer or for hunting season or something along those lines.

From the above link:

IMO, this seems to indicate that they are looking for something extremely specific - not that they are hoping the killer has something, but they KNOW the killer has something very particular. This case is just one mystery after the next....

Two things:

One, it is also possible IMO, that RL was set up, especially, if it turns out the victims had been murdered ( COD would include intentional drowning..) elsewhere (which we do not know) and were dumped on RL's property after the fact.

But then..

Two, is it just me or has somebody else noticed, that RL seems so surprised not so much or only about the bodies and the fact of foul play, but very much about how the victims got to that location? He says repeatedly in his interviews, that the victims either walked there on their own, or that someone else led them there, because he thinks it is difficult to walk of a terrain and therefore difficult to carry someone. That is an odd comment IMO. It almost sounds like " they really should not be here on my property..they died somewhere else..".

I never doubted the possibility, that the victims had walked there themselves. So, why mentioning it? I would only be worried and heartbroken about what happened to the girls no matter when and where it had happened, or if they walked there on their own, or if someone led them there.

All IMO-Nin

Right? It also doesn't make sense that RL said its hard to get there and then finish the sentence saying you could walk there. It's contradictory. JMO

Don't think anyone has a link for a thought, its more like an opinion
JMO

I think the poster was looking for the link to the RL interview, wherein many of us thought 'dead ringer.'

Yes. I am confused about this as well. Am I mistaken in thinking when on probation your property can be searched without a warrant? Or would it be they can search your property, but would need a warrant to seize anything that might be of interest in a crime unrelated to probation and its terms?

It's not uncommon for LE to hold someone on a VOP to buy them time to line their ducks up.

That's what I was thinking, Dogface. Something caught their eye during the search and arrest, and they're going back to collect, maybe? But why wait so long?

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

WOW just logged in and got caught up. Had no idea there was a search warrant. Since I have lived in and worked in very small towns in Indiana and understand the culture very well I'm going to put this opinion out there so JMO IMO-- there are many subcultures of "good ol' boys" in towns like this. They work in many facets of government, town councils, churches, schools, committees, sports groups, etc you get the idea. I have first hand experienced situations where the "good ol' boys" do not turn on each other. They take part in private meetings down at the dive bar and leave others out of the mix. With RL's DUI history it would not surprise me if this could be at play. Don't want to turn in one of the "good ol' boys". JMO IMO and all that.

Respectfully disagree. The 'good old boys' network does not extend protection to folks who murder two innocent children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member