IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was responding to other posts that seemed to want the quoted text, but maybe peeps are looking for both. I have a couple where officers seemed to tear up. thank you for adding the fuller text to the above.

The actual quote disappeared, a glitch or did you remove it?

We do not.

HOWEVER.... I think it is a safe assumption based on the fact that he (again, assuming) lives alone and that I saw the same truck parked in the drive while I was viewing an (unrelated, real estate sight) aerial shot of the property.

Just my observation based on what is proabable. MOO.

If it is I can't find where it is registered to him.

However in every satellite image I've seen there is a white truck there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have parked a vehicle at a friend's when I was out of state working for 8 months. I gave permission for use of vehicle to said friend.

I have allowed an acquaintance to park their "second vehicle"on my property when they did not have enough parking space at their rental. They came and got/used their vehicle whenever they wanted to.

I can think of numerous situations when a vehicle is not parked at its owners residence, and also situations where a resident OR property owner is not the Owner of vehicle parked at their residence.

We don't know what we don't know. Assumptions. hmmmmm
jmo

What an excellent observation! I believe collectively his interviews have shown some odd behavior. I don't have a link, however, there was information about a significant piece of evidence found at the crime scene. Imo lab results (evidence) are also behind getting a search warrant. Lying to LE about an alibi is suspicious. The officer @ the property, I believe said this simply is a matter of eliminating or elevating RL as a person of interest. LE knows much more than we do. Seeing an officer cry @ the press conference where Mike Patty spoke, to me was very touching & an indication of how much Abby & Libby's murders have affected the dedicated investigators. LE spoke about having children & grandchildren & how this is personal for many of them. I can't tell you anything about bg identity. Having a restraining order against RL shows that he is capable of physical assault. Does that make him a murderer of two beautiful children? No it does not. Remember that le has more evidence from Libby's phone, that we are not privy to. Alcoholism destroys brain cells & causes other physiological issues. My brother died from alcoholism so I saw personally the ravages that the disease caused. Am I ready to indict RL? No, i'm not. Am I suspicious, I am. Time will tell. Imho

RL has consistently pushed (manipulated) things in ONE direction. They met up and were hiking with someone they knew, it was Valentine's Day (no, it wasn't), they couldn't have been carried. The Picture is no help at all.

The fear is this will never be solved.

Are you trying to find the clip of the officer that teared up or the clip of the officer that says that quote? They are not the same.

I see now that the link is expired but here is the quote:

The officer did not tear up when he said this.

If this is not what you are wanting - just ignore me!!

The quote that you highlighted in red, which stated, "but they’ve seen the video and likely won’t be able to stop thinking about it. 'Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep, said Carter." could be paraphrased as "the stuff of nightmares," which is exactly what I believe a WS-er did early on after hearing Carter's quote. I don't know that any media called it the stuff of nightmares, although I could be wrong. I think we just started talking about it as the stuff of nightmares because that's what we took his quote to mean. Respectfully, IMO, etc...

I agree with you. At the same time, RL has that "look" and two DWI convictions. Thus, either he has gotten very unlucky on two seperate occasions, or RL could well be a heavy drinker. I would go for the second possibility. This, of course, does not make him a murderer.

rL has five drunk driving convictions, not two.

Also, on what basis could they be towing away someone else's truck? Are people thinking maybe it's a truck he used but didn't own, maybe?

Or that perhaps RL's truck was used by someone in his family for nefarious purposes. MOO

Also, on what basis could they be towing away someone else's truck? Are people thinking maybe it's a truck he used but didn't own, maybe?

I think , MOO, it was RL's truck registered and insured in some one else's name.

He couldn't own a motorized vehicle.. all he had to do was "sell" or gift it to a friend or family member.

Since he could not own a vehicle he would not be able to insure one since he would not pass the insurance sniff test ( no valid license) .. and if you don't insure you can't plate it.

The actual quote disappeared, a glitch or did you remove it?

I didn't remove it, but I noticed it did not appear in my response. Not sure why. I think it was a quote within a quote, and that is why it did not show.

And yes ... I was confused as to what the original poster was asking. My quote from LE about "last thing they will see...." had nothing to do with officers tearing up during press conferences.

In your opinion, what is the connection to both places?

A resident on BBR knowing someone that lives at one of the other places a warrant was served. "Partners in crime" if you will. JMO

Just saw tbis breaking news. I will watch this closely. This is only 37 mi from Delphi
http://fox59.com/2017/03/20/death-investigation-underway-in-howard-county-after-body-found-in-field/

To add some explanation to what this link is:
"A death investigation is underway in Howard County after a body was found in a field Sunday night....

According to the sheriff’s department, the body may be someone who had previously been reported missing."

http://fox59.com/2017/03/20/death-investigation-underway-in-howard-county-after-body-found-in-field/

We do not.

HOWEVER.... I think it is a safe assumption based on the fact that he (again, assuming) lives alone and that I saw the same truck parked in the drive while I was viewing an (unrelated, real estate sight) aerial shot of the property.

Just my observation based on what is proabable. MOO.

One of the links from yesterday did state the vehicles belonged to PO. I can't find it now.

The quote that you highlighted in red, which stated, "but they’ve seen the video and likely won’t be able to stop thinking about it. 'Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep, said Carter." could be paraphrased as "the stuff of nightmares," which is exactly what I believe a WS-er did early on after hearing Carter's quote. I don't know that any media called it the stuff of nightmares, although I could be wrong. I think we just started talking about it as the stuff of nightmares because that's what we took his quote to mean. Respectfully, IMO, etc...

That is interesting. I never saw or read that "stuff of nightmares" quote but I knew what everyone was referring to. It became such a hot topic of debate that I went and searched it because I knew what I had heard/seen and it was not "stuff of nightmares" There seemed to be a collective sigh of relief at the time but here we are again. I think many decided it was a paraphrase by MSM or a quote from "sources close to the investigation."

Then is late 50's and 60's considered elderly since you haven't included it into middle age? Just curious since I'm 57.:laughing:

I know, right?! :giggle: Here is my later post. :D
You gave me a good belly laugh, LOL.... I had just posted a few minutes ago that middle aged was 40- mid 50's. Afterward it dawned on me that since I'm 60 that means I'm no longer middle aged, I'm elderly. Took a while to sink in, :thinking:.... then I momentarily considered going back and changing my post, LOL. It's not often that I want to be wrong, but in this case I'm glad to hear that I was, I have it straight from the authorities that I'll be middle aged for a few more years. :)

There's no way a 77 y/o man with health issues comitted this crime. I doubt RL has ever been on that bridge, and besides, it's private property. He would have to have walked from his property, across some ground on his propety below the cemetery, across land adjacent to the creek which is on an incline to the NW approach to the bridge, across a 850 foot long bridge, abducted the girls, walked downhill to the creek, traversed the creek, and then walked uphill another 50-70 feet, killed the girls, then walked uphill across difficult terrrain to his property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod