IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
One could say something false while believing it to be true. That is not a lie. A lie is saying something that is false and believing it to be false.

Did the statement about "things...that were not true" specifically refer to RL? I thought it was a general comment about people that had been interviewed.

I need to catch up. Did LE make a statement? Just getting in! Was RL ruled out? Just getting in and going back to read!

LE has said numerous times that RL is not a suspect; they're just following up leads.

See, for example, this news report:

[video=youtube;Tkqx14nIz-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkqx14nIz-c[/video]

RL didn't have to say a thing to the media, in fact if it were my property I'd tell them to get off of it and to go away.

The media are in the business of selling ad revenue, not solving crimes. Personally, I think most people "in the media" are pure scum, but maybe that's just me.

The media got people all worked up over a search warrant at RL's property which appears to be a big nothingburger, they and LE came away empty-handed. Members here made it seem like LE were taking huge bags and boxes of evidence from the guy's property, but all I've seen is a white Ford truck on a flatbed.

I agree, and let's remember there are other search warrants as well. Are those being scrutinized? I would like to know more about those, but I suppose we cannot discuss them. IIRC, one was issued right after the girls were found.

Well you all just lucked out. SillyBilly is going to be up for a bit longer so you have more time to discuss.

Please, I am begging you, stay on topic and follow our terms of service OK?

Tricia
Bless our mods!
Thank you!
MOO

Just a couple generic things I've picked up. And for starters I don't think it's RL. I think it's someone who worked alongside Larry DeWayne Hall over the years. Ok, so when RL gives his interview he's giving a few signs that FBI most likely picked up on early. One being his continued look of down and to the right when recalling his trip to Laf. to get fish. Unless he is left handed this shows a touch of deception - Possibly. You look the opposite direction when recalling the past if right handed of which we don't know. So who knows, it's a huge assumption as most people are right handed. He doesn't wear a watch, but does stand left of horse and use his right hand to pet the horse so maybe right handed. Additionally when he's recalling the crime and not understanding it he's shaking his head. This would show disbelief with his own statements, meaning he's not agreeing with his own statements. Just an observation and opinion. But many people shake their heads in disbelief of a crime so there's that.

Hey Everyone,

I am getting tried of unapproving off topic posts therefore I will be shutting down this thread in a moment for the night.

The thread will open back up in the morning or perhaps a bit earlier depending on what Administrator is on the board.

Back in 5 to close the thread.

Thank God.

Posted by Beth11311 -
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-33&p=13242471#post13242471

At this point I'm seriously questioning if he's actually an alcoholic in the sense we keep hearing about, well here at least. I'm not on social media. The reason I question, I have always read and heard how chronic alcoholism over a long period of time is so bad for the skin, as in causing premature wrinkling and aging, etc. But then here is this 77-78 y/o man with amazingly smooth, what appears to be almost flawless, wrinkle free skin, and with barely noticeable sagging. Seriously, his facial complexion and skin tone would make most women that age, and many even younger, green with envy that they had to spend so much just to look half as good. You know what I mean?

My point being, IMO, he doesn't appear to be this chronic alcoholic he's been characterized as here and who knows where else. Unless, the doctors are full of BS and don't know what they're talking about, LOL. Maybe that's it? If so though, how is he such a bad alcoholic? Perhaps he just once in a while goes out and drinks with the boys, or even at home, and then has a moment of bad judgement choosing to drive. Maybe because he's an old timer with the old independent, self-reliant mindset who believes he should do for himself, and will do for himself, he wants no help. And no one's going to change his mind. As in stubborn as a mule, set in his ways, bull headed, etc... you get my drift. Idk, just something I've noticed, and as always I'm questioning things. Thanks for listening, and / or for chiming in.
It really depends on how many units he's drinking, if it's heavy enough to have made his liver sick, and genetics. Yes, smoking and alcohol can be a factor, but you have to take into consideration if this person had a baby face in his younger years. My husband is almost 54 and gets carded every single time. They often look at his ID, then back at him in disbelief. I'm not saying he's an alcoholic, he isn't. But he's been a heavy smoker his entire adult life. Still looks 18. Just kicked the habit in January after smoking for 35 years. Woohoo!

I'm also curious why people think the girls were made to cross Deer Creek. If I understand the map correctly, there is a road or trail not far from where their bodies were sadly found. Seems accessible via vehicle.

Perhaps the girls were held in another house that isn't RL's.

I personally don't feel a quick murder happened. That they were encouraged down from the bridge, made to cross the river, and then killed. JMHO, but I feel as if they were kept alive longer before they were killed. (I hate writing that.)
E
What you posted generally lines up with what a bunch of us were going with by the weekend after the murders. We had Team North or Northwest end of the bridge, and Team South or Southeast. Once I understood the orientation of the bridge, and the general position of Abigai in the SC pic, and BG in the images released by LE, I was firmly in the Southeast camp.

The shortest distance from the end of the bridge"down the hill", is a line directly across the creek, and to where they were found is maybe 600 feet, maybe a little more.

The closest road to where they were found is a drive path which goes around the cemetery.

I see guys half his age with much ruddier alcoholic complexions.
Agreed!

I wouldn't claim to be half his age, but my complexion is equally ruddy and I'm a teetotaler.

Maybe....MOO...
And this may have been suggested and I missed it...

What if RL was home...a 'friend' dropped by 4 or 5ish pm or so...asked for a ride to Lafayette...RL agrees...takes the 'friend' to Lafayette..buys a fish (who does that...but I will drive the 32 miles one way to buy TP so...) and heads home...he states he was home at 6:30pm when they knock on his door for permission...whoever knocked...did he ask why? did they tell him why? He had a heads up there was something very, very important going on....around his 'home' then.

Then RL states he went into Delphi the next morning...iirc...at what time? When searchers were out there? Well if that is true....how odd....no way as far as I'm concerned..he would be on the road...with the searchers...by the cemetery or fence of his property watching what was going on....

Is there a link to his statement of his errands to Lafayette and Delphi?

Did the statement about "things...that were not true" specifically refer to RL? I thought it was a general comment about people that had been interviewed.

It seemed specific to RL considering it was commented at that time on his property during the search warrant. I posted the video transcriptions upstream.

This is going to turn into a Redwine. I'd say I hope LE clears the poor old guy, but then that leaves no answers.

Let's leave it on a humorous note upon shutdown til the morning. Carbuff said he's not into sleuthing old innocent men BUT lol. Was it carbuff?

So am I reading correctly and there was a restraining order in effect for exactly 1 year 8/2013- 8/2014? Does anyone one know if that a normal time(1year) ordered by courts?

In NM yes, or 6 months with option to renew same PO or request a an Order Releasing PO..

RL is a known liar.

He has been convicted on multiple occasions of "False Informing" (AKA giving false information during the official investigation of a crime knowing that the information is false).

That is true, but you cannot be guaranteed that he is lying about this case simply because he's a known liar.

Edit: apparently that's not even true. No convictions for false informing.

Ever since we were told that sleuthing RL was fair game, the tone of the posts here seems to have significantly changed, and not for the better. IMO

RL is not a suspect or POI, so I'll continue to view him as a victim in this case until LE states otherwise; and makes any of his past history relevant to the murders of these beautiful children.

Going to sit on my hands until LE speaks. Wish I could remember who to give credit to for saying that in a different case.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

:tyou:

Yeah I know. I thought you said "where was it found"?Again I'm on a blind screen so if I'm misunderstanding something I apologize. I'm pretty sensitive about the backpack issue for personal reasons so if any backpack was found I want to know about it.
Yes, I did ask that. It seems that there is/was a backpack that LE was aware of and associated with this crime. Somewhere between Delphi and Logansport was the area LE was concerned with. Now, either they have the backpack or are still looking for the backpack. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500