IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that post is not correct. I think the posted times are 3 hours off, maybe because of where the poster is located.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Good catch. I wonder if the confusion is different search teams were out at different times? All speculation. I know the press conference at 12:07 a.m. noted they would be out first thing in the morning to search. It could just be perspective but 10:30-11:45 isn't first thing in the morning to me.

Maybe other groups were already out searching? Or, maybe not. Seems like a late start.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Beautiful day here in Indiana, a day those two girls should have enjoyed.

Lets keep our fingers crossed this gets solved within the next couple of weeks.

Your first sentence brings it home. Brought tears to my eyes.

But, honestly, probably everything we're discussing has been "thoroughly investigated" by that logic. I'm not arguing, just following your logic.

EDIT: sorry, I'm a very logical thinker. I get paid for being a problem-solver every day.

You're right of course. I guess my sense and it's JMO, and possible a wrong one, is that if it was a worker at the meat packing plant we would already have an arrest or at the very least an ID of the suspect.

I'm a logical thinker too

Only way I could see this is if he drowned them, and didn't want them floating downstream to be visible in the water so he/they pulled them into the woods.

But that doesn't make too much sense to me when time is of the essence. I'm going with they were NOT killed in the water for now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Or - one survived in the water and pulled the other one out to get help, but succumbed possibly to hypothermia.. Awful thought, I know.

-Nin

So our Friday news update then isn't good.

I *know* it's technically not a cold case.

But it's as if we can see how it will unfold into the future and then one week there will be total silence for months and months. Then those months turn into years.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm very wrong. But I don't feel good about it right now.

Yeah. I'm sharing your pessisimism. When a new approach includes investigators returning to their usual duties, it seems like they've gone as far as they can go in quickly solving the case, analyzing evidence and combing through logical leads.

As to RL, has he been released? In these types of cases LE has the luxury of taking their time if they believe a possible perp is in custody. If they feel strongly about that perp, and have actual evidence, then typically arrests or in the absence of all the evidence they need, further action such as public pressure of some sort, usually occurs upon the person's release.

And in this case, since they said they were investigating RL to either move him into suspect realm or clear him, another option would be to issue a statement that he isn't a suspect and isn't expected to move into that category, at the least, upon release. I mean I understand that they may not have enough info either way but here's hoping.

I think that post is not correct. I think the posted times are 3 hours off, maybe because of where the poster is located.

I am in Ohio and in the same timezone as Delphi. It is correct for me when I click on the link. My screen times say exactly what the OP said.

The tv show csi told us that a perp can be linked by family dna if there is enough matching to the dna genes.

So this means that LE may cant find the perp from a 100% dna match.

But maybe they can find a relative that has most common dna markings and work their way from there.

So is it possible that the perp nor his parents nor siblings have their dna on file?

Or - one survived in the water and pulled the other one out to get help, but succumbed possibly to hypothermia.. Awful thought, I know.

-Nin
Nin,

For some reason that struck me as almost too sad to contemplate.
I know alot of us want to know the specifics of what happened so that we can understand better( I thought I did).

I just realised this minute how much I don't want to know the details.😟

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yeah. I'm sharing your pessisimism. When a new approach includes investigators returning to their usual duties, it seems like they've gone as far as they can go in quickly solving the case, analyzing evidence and combing through logical leads.

As to RL, has he been released? In these types of cases LE has the luxury of taking their time if they believe a possible perp is in custody. If they feel strongly about that perp, and have actual evidence, then typically arrests or in the absence of all the evidence they need, further action such as public pressure of some sort, usually occurs upon the person's release.

And in this case, since they said they were investigating RL to either move him into suspect realm or clear him, another option would be to issue a statement that he isn't a suspect and isn't expected to move into that category, at the least, upon release. I mean I understand that they may not have enough info either way but here's hoping.

RL is still in jail. His next court date is April 3rd.

No It's Not, can you please bring over the map that you posted right before Thread 37 closed? Thanks! I would bring over a post, but don't know how.

The tv show csi told us that a perp can be linked by family dna if there is enough matching to the dna genes.

So this means that LE may cant find the perp from a 100% dna match.

But maybe they can find a relative that has most common dna markings and work their way from there.

So is it possible that the perp nor his parents nor siblings have their dna on file?

JMO here but I think LE has DNA from the crime scene, I also think that there was no match to DNA in the system. I think based on the nature of the crime as speculated ( not confirmed by LE) that LE first tracked down RSO's who did not have DNA in the system to see if they had alibis and were in compliance. If not then warrants were probably served to obtain DNA.

I don't know if you have a particular person in mind with your question, but in order to get DNA from anyone who doesn't wish to give it to you you need a warrant. So legal experts should really answer the question of whether a partial DNA match on a family member is enough to serve a warrant on someone LE would not otherwise have on their radar?

So our Friday news update then isn't good.

I *know* it's technically not a cold case.

But it's as if we can see how it will unfold into the future and then one week there will be total silence for months and months. Then those months turn into years.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope I'm very wrong. But I don't feel good about it right now.

My understanding is that extra help was needed to process the 14,000 tips, and that the work is now completed. That is, the number of relevant tips is now manageable by a smaller team, and therefore the extra personnel that was needed to process the tips will now return to their normal workload.

It's not a cold case by any stretch of the imagination, but the fact that there has not been an arrest is not a good sign. The Iowa cousins case seemed solvable at the beginning, especially given that the search started so quickly, their bikes were found, and there were witnesses who saw them leading up to the time that they vanished. Five years later, there is no suspect. An advantage with these murders is that the bodies were found so quickly and there is a photo. On the upside, when the suspect is identified, a conviction is likely.

Does anyone know if the girls had an open casket at their funerals?

No It's Not, can you please bring over the map that you posted right before Thread 37 closed? Thanks! I would bring over a post, but don't know how.

This information might be helpful

I was interested in this too. From looking at maps and videos, it seems the Monon High Bridge Trail actually starts at City Park on East Main Street, the newer Freedom Bridge crosses over 25 and leads to High Bridge. One of the access points is at County Road 300, which I believe could be considered a tributary (see map at link). Although I don't think the drop off point has been confirmed, I'm more inclined now to think the girls were dropped off at the 300 access point. Does anyone else have more info on this?

As you mentioned, 625 turns into a private drive that leads to / ends at another property past the bridge. I do wonder if BG may have come in this way or from the north side.

Monon High Bridge Trail - 1.5 miles - 13 on the Map.
From City Park on East Main Street, leave your car and hike Main Street to the “Y” and take Old Camden Road on your right, ...[snipped]. Cross the highway overpass and you are on your way to High Bridge, Indiana’s second highest railroad creek crossing. Return the same way. Access to this trail is also available from County Road 300 in the Deer Creek Valley Historic District.

==
RILEY: Right. One of the family members of one of the girls dropped them off at one of the tributaries, so to speak, of the trail, and then they were supposed to be picked up between 3:00 and 3:30 that afternoon.

http://www.cityofdelphi.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=273&Itemid=154
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/16/ptab.01.html

IMO, saying they have 50-60 POI means they have no strong POI. For awhile I was thinking it was quiet because they had a good lead but now not so sure.

Not good.

Where did you get the times? I clicked on your twitter link and I'm not seeing those times. Indiana is an hour ahead of me, so I think even the time I show is an hour off. Of course we only have the time she tweeted.

fc570eac11cf606b5e32cd10b2549065.jpg

Hmm. When I click on the link I see those dates/times. When I go to the Pharos-Tribune twitter page at the link below, scroll down to Feb 14 where the tweets started about the searches, and click on them from there, I see the same dates/times. Not sure if it is incorrect though, because the tweet saying officials said the girls were found shows a time of 11:14AM. So maybe the times I posted are off by 1 hour? Can someone else check?

Ugh, maybe I should get those references removed if not correct.

Pharos-Tribune: https://twitter.com/pharostribune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member