IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure that this was confirmed by MSM... would be interested in that link. Asking about open caskets leads to a discussion on speculation on cause of death.. which IMO is very insensitive to post about, but that is JMO.

Gotcha. Understood.

This article doesn't discuss the actual funeral though or whether or not they had open caskets. The only places I've seen that referenced is rumor/word of mouth on social media. I haven't seen it anywhere in MSM to verify the validity of whether the caskets were open or not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is an article on one of these threads where it states caskets were open.

Could this be the one?

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_4b1989d8-f7db-11e6-9f4b-ff5056c72de5.html

Sorry, i can't quote from the article at the moment, but it mentions open caskets. (My browser is suddenly locked into mobile version argggh)

Thank you. You are correct. I knew I read that somewhere. I think I even posted it.

"Music played while weeping mourners – many of them teenagers – filed past the white, open caskets of Abigail Williams, 13, and Liberty German, 14, and talked with their family members on the floor of the school gymnasium. Many people brought flowers or mementos. Large photos of the girls were mounted on easels along the path to the caskets."

Memorial for teen girls lasts nearly seven hours
Kathleen Merrill Feb 20, 2017
http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_4b1989d8-f7db-11e6-9f4b-ff5056c72de5.htmlPl

Could this be the one?

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_4b1989d8-f7db-11e6-9f4b-ff5056c72de5.html

Sorry, i can't quote from the article at the moment, but it mentions open caskets. (My browser is suddenly locked into mobile version argggh)

Let me help you.
"[FONT=&quot]Music played while weeping mourners – many of them teenagers – filed past the white, open caskets of Abigail Williams, 13, and Liberty German, 14, and talked with their family members on the floor of the school gym[/FONT][FONT=&quot]nasium. Many people brought flowers or mementos. Large photos of the girls were mounted on easels along the path to the caskets.[/FONT]

I'm not trying to be difficult, truly I'm not, but I'm not sure that a public viewing necessarily means they had open caskets. I'm trying to do some research on it myself. I guess my concern is there was a lot of rumor at the time regarding cause of death based on the open caskets discussion, and I'd hate to have the family here seeing that rehashed again. I apologize if I'm offending anyone.

I took the article on the memorial at the High School as for the community and families totally separate from the actual funerals which were different days. They mention having pictures of them etc I don't believe the girls were there at all so I don't see that as an indication of an open casket IMO...again if I missed something my apologies but I haven't seen open casket referenced in MSM and frankly wouldn't really expect to.

Could this be the one?

That is a good find! Thank you! Respectfully, I would ask people to be really sensitive when discussing cause of death, there is a lot of rumor floating around and I'd hate to think we here caused the family more pain then they are already in. TIA.. I guess it is JMO but the horrible ways in which Abbey and Libby died are so varied that speculation on cause just doesn't get us very far...but of course that is JMO and I can always just scroll and roll.. TIA

"Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017

4 p.m. A public visitation for the girls is held at Delphi Community High School."

TIMELINE | Disappearance and deaths of Liberty German and Abigail Williams in Delphi
POSTED 12:41 PM, FEBRUARY 16, 2017, BY FOX59 WEB
UPDATED AT 01:32PM, MARCH 24, 2017
http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/timelin...iberty-german-and-abigail-williams-in-delphi/

From your link:

Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017

8 a.m. Autopsies are conducted in Terre Haute on the bodies discovered during Tuesday’s search. Local authorities convene a meeting after the autopsies are complete.

10 a.m. Sgt. Kim Riley with Indiana State Police provides a brief update on the investigation. He says the autopsies are complete but declines to confirm the identities or discuss a suspect or person of interest in the case. He says police have received “hundreds of tips” from the community.

So they received hundreds of tips VERY quickly by 10AM on Wednesday.

As a teacher this is overwhelming to imagine. A visitation at the school with teachers and classmates. Just breaks my heart. Unimaginable.

ETA: I don't think I'd be able to do it. I mean I'd want to be there to give my respects and help support and console my other students, but I don't think I'd be able to do it. Seeing the other kids. Nope, I'd have to sit that one out. I don't think I could be strong enough for them. I'd probably faint. Not exaggerating.

In the one article where this was written it also states that the number of tips called in has reduced.
I can see that would happen. But I think if they were looking still for tips they would have another full scale press conference. My guess(hope) at this time is that the next time we get a presser it's going to be to announce a break/arrest in case. I think they have focused on a POI, but we just don't know it yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thank you. You are correct. I knew I read that somewhere. I think I even posted it.

"Music played while weeping mourners – many of them teenagers – filed past the white, open caskets of Abigail Williams, 13, and Liberty German, 14, and talked with their family members on the floor of the school gymnasium. Many people brought flowers or mementos. Large photos of the girls were mounted on easels along the path to the caskets."

Memorial for teen girls lasts nearly seven hours
Kathleen Merrill Feb 20, 2017
http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_4b1989d8-f7db-11e6-9f4b-ff5056c72de5.htmlPl

Thank you I totally missed that one! I stand corrected...

That is a good find! Thank you! Respectfully, I would ask people to be really sensitive when discussing cause of death, there is a lot of rumor floating around and I'd hate to think we here caused the family more pain then they are already in. TIA.. I guess it is JMO but the horrible ways in which Abbey and Libby died are so varied that speculation on cause just doesn't get us very far...but of course that is JMO and I can always just scroll and roll.. TIA

Absolutely. This is always a hard thing here. I remember when I joined Jessica Ridgeway had gone missing. And when I read here about how she was dismembered I absolutely lost it and reemed everyone here for their gruesome and insensitive speculations. I also sent NG a nasty letter about the same thing. I've since realized that unfortunately this type of discussion goes with the territory as we are after all discussing murder. It's a fine line. I agree we should be as respectful as possible. I think it's safe to assume that the fact that their caskets were open clearly suggests no major blunt force trauma to their faces.

(ETA: or maybe not. Idk....)

A thought. I have been so focused on all RL lately that when they said not everyone's alibis are coming back verified, I thought of him and my mind wandered off.....

Now that the RL scrutiny has dwindled a bit it occured to me, that LE said several alibis...Now I'm dying to know who else they got an alibi from that proved less than truthful?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think that post is not correct. I think the posted times are 3 hours off, maybe because of where the poster is located.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Remember that we turned our clocks ahead one hour after these murders occurred. So you have to subtract at least one hour from all time stamps at a minimum and then subtract any time zone difference.

Absolutely. This is always a hard thing here. I remember when I joined Jessica Ridgeway had gone missing. And when I read here about how she was dismembered I absolutely lost it and reemed everyone here. I've since realized that unfortunately this type of discussion goes with the territory as we are after all discussing murder. It's a fine line. I agree we should be as respectful as possible. I think it's safe to assume that their fact that their caskets were open clearly suggests no major blunt force trauma to their faces.

Jessica's case was difficult. :hug:

I just googled for news articles in the past 24 hours and this video from ABC came up. I don't see a date on the video but Google dated is as today 3/24/17. I grabbed a couple screenshots because I noticed something I haven't seen before inside the crime tape. About the 1:48 mark. The large limb down (far lower right of pic just below ABC logo), it looks like a fresh break. And then as your eye goes further toward the creek in the back it looks like more smaller trees and/or limbs down, forming a line. Generally in the woods branches & limbs are down in a random manner, a dead limb here, a few branches there. If it were a storm or wind I'd expect to see breakage more spread out, not so concentrated in such a tight area. This looks like a small cluster of saplings or branches broken almost as if it's on a path to the creek in the background. Yet most everything immediately to the left & right of the cluster looks undisturbed or has been laying for awhile. I've put small yellow arrows in the 3rd pic to show you where I'm seeing breaks and how they seem to form a line. They all seem to have fallen toward the left. I'm seeing fresh breaks at the arrows just below and above the ABC logo. Could this be a sign of a major struggle? Like a child fighting with all they've got, trying to grab & hold onto whatever they can as if they're resisting an adult man who's pulling or dragging them? (It all just makes me sick :( ) MOO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/community-shock-double-homicide-delphi-indiana-46300322

Attachments

• LimbDown.jpg
    LimbDown.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 678
  • LimbsDown2.jpg
    LimbsDown2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 588
  • LimbsDownArrows.jpg
    LimbsDownArrows.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 595

I asked a simple question and never brought up cause of death! <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member