IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they do not have the phone or the girls phone is not the source, honestly I do not believe the girls phone to be the source.

The photo taken of Abigail showed clarity and nice depth of field, the other picture does not seem to come from same phone even if digital zoom/ffc was used etc.

Where then did it come from then? As information comes out in drips, it has been pretty much confirmed that there are no trail cams on that bridge.

I hope officers go door to door in the surrounding areas to make sure he is not holding someone hostage in their own house.

LE needs a code word like we see in the movies to have the person blink or something if they are being held against their will from someone right behind the door as they come to the doors.

Hope LE is thinking about doing this if they have not already gone door to door in surrounding area around where bodies were found.

He may have felt panicked after the murders and may have holed up inside someones house very close by until things quiet down.

There was an incident in California of a guy on the run that was shooting at LE and everyone else he would come into contact with. I dont have the case handy. It was the one where he shot at two newspaper delivery persons.

When LE finally got him surrounded he ended up holing up in someones abandoned vacation type house I believe. It was set on fire and burned him up. I still question who actually lit the fire. Could have been an incinerary device tossed inside to get him to come out that may have started the fire. I believe LE thought he set it himself and died in fire as a suicide thing.

Murderers like him become desparate and wont think twice to force a homeowner to feed and house them when they are on the run like he is.
BBM. Yes. That and they should be looking at any abandoned homes or foreclosed homes (those likely still have utilities). They should be looking at properties in the area where the residents are known to be snow birds or go to Florida or Arizona for baseball spring training. They should be checking on any elderly women that live alone or couples that do not get out much and haven't been seen in town or church in the past few weeks. Also, any barns or outbuildings that are not generally used during the winter that the owners haven't gone into in weeks or months.

There really is not that large of a wooded area to search in the immediate area from that bridge - likely a square mile or less. The volunteers would be familiar with the area since they have likely lived in the area all of their lives and I would expect the volunteer firefighters would have trained in that area at some time. There was no foliage to obscure views. No tall grass or weeds. They would have had light they carried with them and unless it was cloudy that night it was just past the full moon phase (about 95% full) on that specific night so that would help as well. They had 6 hours or more to search. I haven't seen a count of the number of searchers but it wouldn't surprise me if they numbered in the dozens.

These are among the things that give me the impression that their bodies were not there when the search took place. And this leads me to believe that LE might be looking for the murder scene. I could be wrong about this but I have such a hard time reconciling that they were not found the first night given how close they were found to that bridge - somewhere between 750 to 900 east from the northern end of it.
And the property owner claimed scene looked "pristine". That alone had made me consider a dump scene. He could have abducted them to a place nearby, killed them, then dumped them in the woods later that night. Perhaps there is a shack or cellar nearby. I do feel he's local.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Where then did it come from then? As information comes out in drips, it has been pretty much confirmed that there are no trail cams on that bridge.

Was this confirmed for sure? To my knowledge our only source for saying there are no trail cams was another user who visited the bridge a day or two after the crime occurred and said they didn't see any, or see how they could be there. I don't think we can rule it out for sure unless LE has said there indeed are/were none.

At this point the picture man is probably settling nicely into Canada. I shall keep my eyes peeled. Jmo the fact that there is NO movement is very worrisome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it is a disguise. Vagrants layer up, have facial hair, and long hair, because they are exposed to the elements. They also don't have access to hygiene supplies and facilities. I'd bet he left behind a camp LE found along with a lot of human waste=dna.

The below is merely jumping off your post to add more thoughts.

There was a mention by LE that he could have changed his appearance. IMO, they meant after the crime, not before.

Now LE is looking for information on a hitchhiker.

This guy looks just like the vagrants I used to run into on a biking trail I used to ride. I also lived in an area with lots of homeless. I carried a gun at all times. IMO, the POI in this case is of the group that sole purpose is to stay hidden. Their goal is to remain invisible at all costs. Even if they had money, they would still break into houses and businesses while they are empty. To steal what they need, food, liquor, drugs, booze. And while there they may make a sandwich and take a shower. They won't go into town our shop at a store.They do, from time to time, react impulsively and make a public appearance. Which I think happened in this case. The opportunity presented itself and he reacted. He may have even been laughed at by the girls and it pissed him off. I've seen that as well.

Whether the bridge is level or not, his gait is exactly like the vagrants I observed. They can't even stand still when standing still. Years of Alcohols and drug use has usually left them with neurological damage that causes their body to move oddly, even when they are sober.

I would love to look at the area crime logs for Breaking and entering and thefts.

Just my thoughts for the day.

Confusion, thanks for letting me jump off your post.

Not ruling it out, but homeless people around here don't look like this guy. This guy looks like your typical small town blue collar guy out for a walk in the woods, working in his yard, going to the hardware store, on lunch break from work, etc. Which I'm assuming was his goal. The homeless people around here hang out around the libraries, downtown, close to food shelters, etc and it's pretty blatantly obvious they are homeless. NOT saying he couldn't be, just nothing about this guy strikes me as the homeless people we see around here.

Possibly it came from "cloud" with quick message, "Creep following us." JMO

And the property owner claimed scene looked "pristine". That alone had made me consider a dump scene. He could have abducted them to a place nearby, killed them, then dumped them in the woods later that night. Perhaps there is a shack or cellar nearby. I do feel he's local.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Keep in mind the property owner saw the seen after LE released it. I would hope it was pristine, because if not then they were leaving behind evidence.

It could have been removed on the phone, but still available on the cloud service. This is fairly typical now with both iCloud and Google.

JMO
Exactly.

Assuming the photos came from taking video on one of the girls cell phone then I dont think the device itself is even needed for LE to get the photos.

The services that provide video chating may have the photo on their servers and may keep them for awhile even if someone deletes their copy on the phone. LE may have been able to get the service to provide them a copy of all video chatting the girls had done and any text messaging as well.

The devices themselves may not be needed.

This is one reason that many people do not like the way a lot of services are going to the CLOUD. The cloud is basically storage on external servers somewhere else.

A good example is Microsoft going to the cloud for Microsoft Office 365. It means that any word documents you create and put on the cloud are able to be accessed by others.
Privacy concerns are huge with that sort of thing since it is a drastic change. Forcing anyone who wants to use word documents to have to be on the cloud.

So the next time someone decides to write a new steamy novel on word using office 365 you may want to think about the possibility that some corrupt employee somewhere is making fun of you and laughing hysterically at you. :)

https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office

Imo it's a random person pic/video from that day and he's in the background and LE zoomed and cropped it.

Was this confirmed for sure? To my knowledge our only source for saying there are no trail cams was another user who visited the bridge a day or two after the crime occurred and said they didn't see any, or see how they could be there. I don't think we can rule it out for sure unless LE has said there indeed are/were none.

First, I apologize for not having a link ( need to get better at that for sure) but I read this am that the town and maybe businesses are going to be raising money to put security cameras on the bridge and trails. I also believe early on local LE while not giving info on the source of the photo stated that there was maybe only one security camera in the entire area and they had no idea where it was.

Possibly it came from "cloud" with quick message, "Creep following us." JMO

JMO MOO This has been my thought as well. My 13 (at the time) son texted me once from the tennis courts at a park within walking distance. It was a pic (from quite a distance). It read "Creepers - come get us".

Delphi trail organizer in talks to put security cams on trail

McCain said there are no security cameras on the trail. He said a local bank reached out to him about the possibility of paying for cameras. Those plans are still in the early stages.

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/20/delphi-trail-organizer-in-talks-to-put-security-cams-on-trail/

bbm

First, I apologize for not having a link ( need to get better at that for sure) but I read this am that the town and maybe businesses are going to be raising money to put security cameras on the bridge and trails. I also believe early on local LE while not giving info on the source of the photo stated that there was maybe only one security camera in the entire area and they had no idea where it was.

"Sgt. Riley would not say where the picture came from or if a security camera took the photo. He said he believes there is one security camera somewhere near the trails but, when asked where the camera is, he said he didn’t know."

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/16/police-question-multiple-people-in-delphi-girls-murders/

There really is not that large of a wooded area to search in the immediate area from that bridge - likely a square mile or less. The volunteers would be familiar with the area since they have likely lived in the area all of their lives and I would expect the volunteer firefighters would have trained in that area at some time. There was no foliage to obscure views. No tall grass or weeds. They would have had light they carried with them and unless it was cloudy that night it was just past the full moon phase (about 95% full) on that specific night so that would help as well. They had 6 hours or more to search. I haven't seen a count of the number of searchers but it wouldn't surprise me if they numbered in the dozens.

These are among the things that give me the impression that their bodies were not there when the search took place. And this leads me to believe that LE might be looking for the murder scene. I could be wrong about this but I have such a hard time reconciling that they were not found the first night given how close they were found to that bridge - somewhere between 750 to 900 east from the northern end of it.

I respectfully disagree. I live in Indianapolis, I'm an avid camper, hiker, and forager. I am outside at night a lot in the city as well as the woods. Unless you know exactly where to look, it would be very easy to miss these poor girls lying in the leaves. Also, I can't picture a lot of people being comfortable enough to go up and down ravines from the creek in the dark. This is jmo from hiking Indiana for 25+ years. This has hit hard as my kids and I are always in the woods. Before now, I wouldn't have thought twice about my daughter going for a hike by herself. Now she will be tethered to me. The baby already is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info about TOR guys....that is some scary stuff!

It also has many positive uses. It's critical to political dissidents in repressive countries. I've used it on a different crime forum where I was concerned that a criminal was watching the forum and I didn't want it traced back to me. I know women who use it to prevent stalkers and harassment from tracing back to their real address.

The trouble with privacy is that the bad guys need it, too :p I don't know what the answer is but I don't think shutting it down is a good idea either.

He may be "a nice guy" and "it can't be him" and whoever might recognize him is driving themselves crazy convincing themselves it's not the man they know.

I have been thinking for a while now that this guy is hiding in plain sight somehow.

Thanks!

It appears that whomever did the gif did line up the two photos released, and now it does appear that each photo was taken from same spot as the tree limbs and the stuff in background were lined up, and cropped the same by the OP.

Kudos to the OP gif person.

Now, I'm not so sure was a moving person taking the video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015