IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those answers, as well as many others are available in the media thread.

Having some say the scene was so nightmarish that officers were brought to their knees and others say they didn't even know it was a crime scene is quite contradictory! I wonder what the truth is.

Me either, very interesting.

From your first link "For years, movies and television series like CSI paint an unrealistic picture of the “science of voices.” In the 1994 movie Clear and Present Danger an expert listens to a brief recorded utterance and declares that the speaker is “Cuban, aged 35 to 45, educated in the […] eastern United States.” The recording is then fed to a supercomputer that matches the voice to that of a suspect, concluding that the probability of correct identification “is 90.1 percent.” This sequence sums up a good number of misimpressions about forensic phonetics, which have led to errors in real-life justice. Indeed, that movie scene exemplifies the so-called “CSI effect”—the “phenomenon in which judges hold unrealistic expectations of the capabilities of forensic science,” says Juana Gil Fernandez, a forensic speech scientist at the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas (Superior Council of Scientific Investigations) in Madrid, Spain."

This just makes me think they have absolutely no clue who it is and they're trying to sound like they do.
I respectfully disagree. I don't see a reason to post false claims,especially to just get those poor families hopes up for nothing. unless it's intended to make BG feel more free to take risks ie being out in public more, slipping up in some way. Etc , i dont belive the statement above is intended for bg in this sense imo always. I trust LE statements personally.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

This just makes me think they have absolutely no clue who it is and they're trying to sound like they do.

I don't think they are trying to sound like they know more than they do. What he said ^^^ is often true. But I also don't think LE has a serious suspect yet.

I don't think LE have the foggiest idea on who did this crime.

We know Optimism isn't high per the radio segment, we then had the 500 POI in the case. They have scaled back on the officers who now work the case daily as well and we are now nearly at the 3 month mark.

I respectfully disagree. I don't see a reason to post false claims,especially to just get those poor families hopes up for nothing. unless it's intended to make BG feel more free to take risks ie being out in public more, slipping up in some way. Etc , i dont belive the statement above is intended for bg in this sense imo always. I trust LE statements personally.

I trust LE as well. Possibly he was speaking in generalities, I would think in most big cases when they are solved it is learned the suspect was at least talked to during the investigation. He may have been assuming this case will follow the odds and it will be someone they have at least contacted or considered.

it was around the time he was arrested, LE said (paraphrase) "to prove or disprove" RL's involvement..I think it was regarding the 2nd search warrant.

Then weeks later LE said he was not considered a suspect but he was still involved in the case.

I think when he's caught, our reaction may be: Wow, he doesn't really look like BG at all! Perhaps we will see similarities, but the overall look will be different than the pixels we have studied.

So anyways, yeah, let's try to keep facts facts and opinions opinions. Lots of mixing up the two.
Maybe on a slow day like this, we should dub it "review the media page" day...i bet all of us could use a refresher course and maybe even find a new clue that was overlooked when info was coming in fast and furious and getting buried quickly. At the very least, it might stir up good conversation, stimulate a thought or idea to expound on.

I think when he's caught, our reaction may be: Wow, he doesn't really look like BG at all! Perhaps we will see similarities, but the overall look will be different than the pixels we have studied.

I thought of that today actually...wouldnt it be ironic he turns out to be hispanic or something. I think all we look for are exactly what he looks like in the images right down to the freaking mysterious white thingy majiggerbob hanging out of his jacket...like he's a cut out paperdoll walking around Delphi still exactly like that

About how long do you think it would take to do voice analysis of the poi they have interviewed against to match the audio recording and how accurate would that be? is that done at Quantico , are they even doing this? Would they only single out a couple of possibilities that they think might be a match or how does this work? And I'm just speculating. Im not trying to suggest that I think they've actually done this , just curious and havent had my coffee yet so I'm sure this isn't coming across right
I got you. And BIO I have not a clue. Others prob know better than I.

Check out what website did over on the image thread, see if it helps.

Speaking of photos. I have posted two new photo sets on the image thread.

First set: I have combined the two photos of BG. I did this to see if the two pictures would meld as they look like two different people (older and younger). So have a look at the results. It came out well and is a good composite of the two I think. Post #332

Second set: Took the hat/hoodie of the one picture and overlayed it on the other lighter picture to see if it changes ideas about hat/hair/hoodie. Surprising results! Thanks to Lilowlet for suggesting this one. Post #342

Image Thread link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...gail-Williams-13-amp-Liberty-German-14-Delphi

Posting the actual link for video.

This is most helpful to keep facts straight.

We are investigating this as a crime scene. We suspect foul play.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224810/Two-bodies-search-missing-13-year-old-girls.html

I think what has some confused is what it says further down the page; and it is real odd considering they had already said it was a crime scene/foul play..."Right now it is considered a 'death investigation' and is not classified as a homicide"

That is just in there, not sure if it is a direct quote from LE or if it is the reporter's opinion.

BBM

Thanks for the heads up! Going over to image thread.

If a person is involved in a case I assume that can that mean as little as it happened on their property. But anything more than that means there are leads from him or about his land. RL is having the book thrown at him, maybe as a consequence for holding back info in order to conceal his driving.
JMO

So anyways, yeah, let's try to keep facts facts and opinions opinions. Lots of mixing up the two.
Maybe on a slow day like this, we should dub it "review the media page" day...i bet all of us could use a refresher course and maybe even find a new clue that was overlooked when info was coming in fast and furious and getting buried quickly. At the very least, it might stir up good conversation, stimulate a thought or idea to expound on.
bbm

Apropos "getting buried quickly": What about the car which was possibly seen on a pic down between trees to the left side of the bridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01