IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingerprints, hair samples, footprints, tire prints, fibers, fingernail contents etc.

They can have these things back with a rush BUT they have to match them to someone and getting samples from people would mean needing enough evidence and court ordering.
Hair samples and fingernail contents would be DNA and finger/foot and tyre prints would be comparisons which could just leave fibre forensics. Therefore I don't see just fibre tests holding things up unecessarily.

If LE can have DNA results in 2 hours, what is the problem in Delphi?

It's the type of test. If you have a suspect and you have DNA evidence you can do a quick test that is fairly accurate to include or exclude that suspect. If it excludes the suspect, the exclusion is 99% accurate, if it includes you have to do further testing for the same accuracy which can take up to 3 weeks. Now if you have DNA and no suspect to compare it to, then it's a bit of a longer process. The quick DNA tests are great for comparison and can quickly identify a suspect who matches so that they can be held and charged, but they still have to do further testing for accuracy purposes. Remember too, this area is large, there's going to be a lot of DNA, some from people who were helping with the search, some are kids out drinking in the area, other hikers, etc. So they need to rule out those who aren't potential suspects.

Neither family has mentioned any boyfriend with either girl.

And this is where TOS makes it difficult to give a straight answer because while family hasn't spoken of a bf in MSM, social media (and the family's words) is a much different story. But that topic is off limits since we can't discuss SM and I do not want to get in trouble.

attachment.php
I think I did it

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 362
Hair samples and fingernail contents would be DNA and finger/foot and tyre prints would be comparisons which could just leave fibre forensics. Therefore I don't see just fibre tests holding things up unecessarily.

I agree and as I've mentioned I don't think anything has been held up.

DNA, forensics everything could be in for all we know BUT if they don't have a match there is nothing to disclose right now. At least thats the way I see it.

It's the type of test. If you have a suspect and you have DNA evidence you can do a quick test that is fairly accurate to include or exclude that suspect. If it excludes the suspect, the exclusion is 99% accurate, if it includes you have to do further testing for the same accuracy which can take up to 3 weeks. Now if you have DNA and no suspect to compare it to, then it's a bit of a longer process. The quick DNA tests are great for comparison and can quickly identify a suspect who matches so that they can be held and charged, but they still have to do further testing for accuracy purposes. Remember too, this area is large, there's going to be a lot of DNA, some from people who were helping with the search, some are kids out drinking in the area, other hikers, etc. So they need to rule out those who aren't potential suspects.

Add to that you can't just test everyone without probable cause which takes evidence and time to get a court ruling to agree to test someone.

Motive was sexual assault, imo. Only thing that makes sense to me, if it was not specifically personal to one of the girls, in which case I think someone else would know for sure who BG is.

High likelihood but if he's indeed middle aged I don't think this wouldn't be the first SA. Two girls at once that results in murder is a hardened criminal who's left a lifetime of tracks imo, including other SAs against children or women. Neither is he likely to stop.

If he's younger, it may be the first but two girls at once, that's still quite daring imo. Indications of a dangerous lunatic.

We know they've had several/many people in, have taken swabs for DNA, interviews and polygraph's, I wish we could know who some of these others are.

Not all sex offenders or violent criminals get caught. Plenty of repeat offenders are out there who remain free to re-offend. Databases are full of "cold hits", which means DNA matches another unsolved crime but does not match a known person. BG could be one of these.

We know they've had several/many people in, have taken swabs for DNA, interviews and polygraph's, I wish we could know who some of these others are.

If they have been eliminated, we don't need to know. Jmo

Rather than accusations, considering TOS requires that we not name names, what about speculating about motive? All crimes occur for a reason.

I still wonder about a gang of misfits (for lack of a better name) looking to cause trouble, users of drugs, the pack "dare you" sort of thing, hanging out in one of the abandoned buildings, noticed the two girls, and things turned ugly. Maybe it was BG who alerted the others to their presence.

I've been thinking along those same lines for some time. I think it's possible that BG wasn't even aware of the girls, wasn't there for them.

If the time line is correct, Libby and Abby had 20 minutes between the SC pic and BG pic. I think they went down to the creek to take pictures and met trouble down there.

One of the business people down here was discussing the case with me. When I told him about all the warrants and subpoenas, his immediate response was that it sounded like drugs were involved and it likely traced back to someone of importance in Lafayette.

Remember... this case has "a whole twist to it..." and is complicated.

To me, the info they haven't released (who was meant to pick them up, if the phone was foundm profile sketch, cod, etc) is almost as interesting than the info they HAVE shared. I think it means something-I am just not sure what.

Can someone theorize why no other shots/photos/audio clips have been released? Seems it would help to share more images.

I think BG brandished a weapon immediately after the image we see of him turning toward girls and I think the rest is in-pocket audio, crime sounds.

attachment.php
I think I did it

This is very bizarre. I have looked at this image a few times and only saw Abby. I was very certain that is all I saw. This time I see a figure of a man looking to be super-imposed over her. He has brown hair - no hat- and looks to be wearing camo under a plaid looking outer shirt. Very strange. It also looks as if Abby's left arm (our right) is sticking out from behind him. Maybe I'm losing it, lol. Some sort of optical illusion? And btw, whatever this is, it does not resemble BG.

I know this is probably a waste of time asking, but hopefully it isn't also a TOS violation. Since we got an image thread for those tired of reading about and looking at the images, could we also get a thread for discussing RL for those of us who don't want to scroll through all of the comments about him? Ignore doesn't help if everybody quotes each other, and I think it's a disgrace that more is said about him than about the girls. I hate having to leave the thread, but I guess I will if that's the only option. Sorry for posting this here, but I wasn't sure which mod/admin to ask. Thanks.

I think that's a great idea. Its disheartening when you read on here and its all RL. Its like a broken record. Talk about beating a dead horse. The RL issue is stagnant. I don't think he has a thing to do with the homicides. That's my last statement on RL. At this juncture I'd find a discussion on the pros and cons of watching paint dry more stimulating than RL conversation. Trying to reason his guilt or innocence out is a losing battle and has caused several good posters to be unable to post. Now..who likes watching paint dry? Anyone?

What that probably is the ending of one picture and the beginning of another.

I also think the reason they searched the surrounding farms, and specifically the barns, is that they were looking for any signs that someone had hidden there or had left evidence behind. Unfortunately for RL they caught him breaking the terms of parole. I do think he's a POI, and I'm fairly sure he saw something or knows something and isn't talking. I had asked if we could sleuth him because I wondered about his past, and I haven't found anything to suggest he's a sexually motivated criminal. He's an substance motivated criminal and he's definitely got issues with authority figures, but I'm not buying his direct involvement in this. I am concerned he may have given a ride to the person who did this in payment for a drink or two. I get the feeling he's lying about more than breaking the conditions of his parole. Call it a hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brendabernice