IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you WVWoman. To you and other horsey folk, is RL's horse worth much? It looks like a pretty appaloosa but I have no idea of it's value. Would it be of enough value to interest a horse thief? Say they were going to load up the horse and noticed the girls watching them. Kinda of a streeeetch, but ya never know.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on the fence and bucket.

Not unless it's a high prize horse ..a top of the line show horse..and then if it was stolen,you couldn't go to the big shows or it would be recognized at so and so prize horse. So I don't think this is a possibility.

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

IMO the killer never meet before the girls, was a random encounter that's the difficult to catch him.

I agree with you. I've said all along if this was a prearranged meeting it seems it would give LE the advantage and he would have probably been caught by now.

Since he is unknown it makes it harder and a wider scope of people to look at.

I saw this one while researching another case. What struck me was the sketch provided by a survivor.

http://people.com/crime/dna-link-serial-killer-rapist-crimes-three-states/

Twice he has raped minors and he uses a gun. In articles I've found he only spends about 30 minutes at the scene and he is gone. He's also committed his crimes when there is more than one person present.

IMOO, the killer is learning, he left traces that another would not have left there, that makes me think he is novice yet. I hope i'm wrong.

I saw this one while researching another case. What struck me was the sketch provided by a survivor.

http://people.com/crime/dna-link-serial-killer-rapist-crimes-three-states/

Twice he has raped minors and he uses a gun. In articles I've found he only spends about 30 minutes at the scene and he is gone. He's also committed his crimes when there is more than one person present.

That is worth looking at. He could fall in the age range if he was quite young when he started.

So many people here have had great ideas. Something is making me think that this suspect must be very comfortable with the outdoors. My husband cannot stand the gnats in the woods, won't go in the lake because of leeches! IMO, suspect must spend time in the woods, preying around. Used to mosquitoes, perhaps happy being alone (maybe), in the woods. IMO, his eyes would stand out because he might be always on alert, searching up, down, around, even while in a conversation. Did anyone ask about Indiana law for conceal carry? I know my state, not allowed without special permit. Thank you for keeping cases active.

You have to have a permit in IN, but that is assuming one is a law abiding citizen. I don't put BG in that category.

That is worth looking at. He could fall in the age range if he was quite young when he started.

In any event I emailed it in to the sheriff's tip line.

Yeah, if he were 19-21 at the time of the 1990 murder he would be mid to late 40's now. But the witness in 1998 said his hair was starting to turn gray.

Jennifer17- good idea....but the gun in shoulder holsters are pointed down typically not behind the person.

https://www.amazon.com/Military-Sty...sr=8-20&keywords=shoulder+holster+for+pistols

IMO. I totally agree that the way he is carrying (what I think is a gun) is very atypical. I think it is either haphazardly placed backwards into a large right external front pocket from the right hand or placed from the left hand into an internal pocket on the right side. I've never seen a holster that carries a gun in that location with that orientation. This would suggest to me that he is inexperienced or unrefined in carrying firearms. There are many holsters for cheap that allow excellent concealment of handguns in other locations. In my opinion and experience he is not using one in that picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any news from the case? I was under treatment and i could not enter for a time, Thanks.

No news unfortunately. Lots of good ideas, but we wish and hope solved soon.

(That was me who missed seeing you check in. I loved seeing Chile pop up. Whatever treatment you are doing, we all hope it's going well.)

IMO. I totally agree that the way he is carrying (what I think is a gun) is very atypical. I think it is either haphazardly placed backwards into a large right external front pocket from the right hand or placed from the left hand into an internal pocket on the right side. I've never seen a holster that carries a gun in that location with that orientation. This would suggest to me that he is inexperienced in carrying firearms. There are many holsters for cheap that allow excellent concealment of handguns in other locations. In my opinion and experience he is not using one in that picture.

I've seen carry by both vertical and horizontal rigs. Some of the horizontal have the barrel pointing back at a slight upward angle. What few LE I've seen use them I've seen about 50-50. (Most LE I've seen carry with a shoulder holster are federal LE on a lot of protective service details and they claim they get to their gun easier and faster out of a shoulder holster when they are sitting in a car.)

IMO. I totally agree that the way he is carrying (what I think is a gun) is very atypical. I think it is either haphazardly placed backwards into a large right external front pocket from the right hand or placed from the left hand into an internal pocket on the right side. I've never seen a holster that carries a gun in that location with that orientation. This would suggest to me that he is inexperienced or unrefined in carrying firearms. There are many holsters for cheap that allow excellent concealment of handguns in other locations. In my opinion and experience he is not using one in that picture.

But if you are following two young teenagers you are not going to get in the quickest draw wins situation. Maybe he kept the gun in the glove box of his car and put it in his jacket pocket, when he saw the girls being dropped off and decided to follow them?

A HUH FOR ME/ (about the theory that the PERP KNEW THAT SCHOOL WAS OUT THAT DAY)
The crime happened in the afternoon--2:30. To me that doesn't point to a local perp knowing school was out that day. That's getting close to the time when high schools are normally letting out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want it too, peace and rest to the girls.

Yes. Same. They deserve peace and resolution.

Not geared towards you, but I keep going back to this same thought- How swiftly a double murder happened.

We have a very vague timeline. (I actually think LE made a huge mistake in not releasing a clear timeline of the girls that morning. Where they stopped before drop-off, etc.)

2:30 PM - BG last captured as told on the billboards. Or that was the time someone perhaps last heard from the girls. Text, ect.

3:15? PM family member supposed to arrive.

I keep going back to this, but who in the heck commits a double homicide in approx 45 minutes? Many serial killers such as BTK stalked their victims for months and planned how they would do a horrific crime. They are literally involved for hours when they decide to strike.

Because of the swiftness, I keep going back to the fact it was premeditated. I also think he knew how to corral them back to this specific area on RL's property. Perhaps he had something stashed there as well.

Does anyone know what time the family member showed up? Was it near 3:15-3:30 mark?

Many of you assume that the murderer used a firearm but a handgun can be tracked, a knife or even a rock cannot.

Also, when I see the land/topography where they were found, I feel at least one of them could have ran in the opposite direction for help or to escape. So I back up and think of what possibly happened near the bridge.

Near the bridge, he could have manhandled one, possibly Abby and Libby followed to be with her friend.

I completely understand why some would wonder if two perps are involved or one girl was taken away and then returned much later that night. 45 minutes so fast to murder two girls. And there is plenty of room to try and run to escape. I def. don't think they crossed the creek.

Yes. Same. They deserve peace and resolution.

Not geared towards you, but I keep going back to this same thought- How swiftly a double murder happened.

We have a very vague timeline. (I actually think LE made a huge mistake in not releasing a clear timeline of the girls that morning. Where they stopped before drop-off, etc.)

2:30 PM - BG last captured as told on the billboards. Or that was the time someone perhaps last heard from the girls. Text, ect.

3:15? PM family member supposed to arrive.

I keep going back to this, but who in the heck commits a double homicide in approx 45 minutes? Many serial killers such as BTK stalked their victims for months and planned how they would do a horrific crime. They are literally involved for hours when they decide to strike.

Because of the swiftness, I keep going back to the fact it was premeditated. I also think he knew how to corral them back to this specific area on RL's property. Perhaps he had something stashed there as well.

Does anyone know what time the family member showed up? Was it near 3:15-3:30 mark?

Family member arriving at 3:15 doesn't to me indicate that they started searching at that time. I've sat and waited on someone for almost 30 min. before. (Irritating I'll add).

I think 5-8 min getting down the hill from bridge to site girls found so that puts it approx 2:38. Pretty sure BG could have been done and out within 45 min to an hour which would put it at 3:38. Eight minutes past when family was to meet them. Thats actually not very late in most peoples minds.

Family members could have been sitting for 15/20 min before getting out and about to look around.

I also wondered about the timing awhile back, so while meditating I sat and actually thought about how much time 30 min was (my normal time to mediate) and just being aware of the time it was a long time to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname