IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
[bbm]

you can start a thread

Sending prayers and healing for the family of this victim, David Sellars

:grouphug:

Breaks my heart that we didn't/still don't have? a thread here at WS that I can find to testify and follow his case.

o/t omg brain bleed?! that sounds incredibly dangerous. glad you're still with us

Thank you, I was incredible lucky and besides some lingering headaches/memory issues I am well, thought it was a migraine but I had a cavernous malformation that I didn't know about that bled. So the past couple of months I have been upside down, behind on all the cases I follow and also blending cases together! I do know I would feel a whole lot better if they caught this killer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I was incredible lucky and besides some lingering headaches/memory issues I am well, thought it was a migraine but I had a cavernous malformation that I didn't know about that bled. So the past couple of months I have been upside down, behind on all the cases I follow and also blending cases together! I do know I would feel a whole lot better if they caught this killer!

Best wishes to you Dogface, you are a valued member of Websleuths.

Hope you are much better soon!

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Big belly for sure, but no bulbous nose. That nose...

That nose seems like it would be so recognizable! It makes me wonder if there is some loner who perhaps lives with an extremely elderly person, and doesn't have much contact outside of his home.

OMG every time somebody says "that nose" I immediately think of Santa Claus saying it to Rudolph!! [emoji318]🦌

a035.gif
<<<---------Dogface

(A "cavernous malformation" is a real thing? Wow, and wow!)
Glad you feel better!

I'm wondering in general, how a suspect might have significant changes in appearance over time. Such as weight gain or loss, weight fluctuations due to medications, stress, alcohol abuse, etc. law enforcement usually advises the public to look out for individuals who may abruptly change their looks, stop showing up to work, follow the case obsessively, etc. I keep thinking about how law enforcement has said to focus on facial details. Just thinking out loud here. I feel a sharp, quiet rage in my heart for Abigail and Liberty...I can't even imagine their loved ones pain.

But, hasn't it already been said that perp couldn't see Libby's social media unless he was in her network?

And were the LE remarks you cite in response to the questions from audience "Are our kids safe? Should we (parents) be taking special precautions?" If so, they sound pretty generic to me?

Couple points you've brought up here, so I'll do my best to explain my position.

You're saying it's already been said that the perp couldn't see Libby's social media unless he was in her network?

Let me link you to Libby's twitter account

https://twitter.com/libby1227?lang=en

Doesn't look private to me.

You will see that Libby writes that she is 12 years old, (when she sat up the account) with links to a Kik account, Instagram, and Snapchat.

She had 44 followers and was following 54 others.

Keep in mind she was only 12 years old at that time.

It lists only one tweet now, which was from 2014. Odd. Could that account have been scrubbed by LE?

Twitter could been the exact place where she posted her plans.

The Kik account is an anonymous messaging app where anyone can say they're anyone, and no one's the wiser. There's no verification of any registration information entered.

I can't find the link now for her Instagram but it was available. I viewed it and learned much about her from it. Again, could LE have removed it?

I watched the LE press conference video again linked below

[video=youtube;mZcHfgbOcKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo[/video]

One of the questions asked of LE was, and I quote:

"....How long after Liberty posted to social media did the crime happen? Did the murders happen immediately after or was there time for someone to see them on social media, and then meet them on that trail?"

What jumped out at me was the words 'how long after?' I didn't hear, 'did she post?'

Sergeant Dave Burstyn replied that they were keeping all that information close to the vest. However, he did state the following, and again I quote:

"...One of two things happened. It was a chance encounter. That's possible. Don't think it's likely, but it's possible. Or that person knew that they were going to be there. That's possible too."

RBBM

What do you get from those words? WHY did he say 'don't think it's likely?' What information did he have to base that upon? So which possibility is LE leaning toward?

You pointed out that Sergeant Riley's words could have just been generic because they were in response to whether parents should take any special precautions.

Generic? Imo, his words are anything but. I believe he struggles to hold back the words he really wants to say.

I watched another video by a news station on or about the same date (I've linked below) which also contains a clip of Sgt. Riley speaking. I believe he decided to say a bit more of what he had struggled to hold back.

[video=youtube;MjAJmoOyDTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjAJmoOyDTg[/video]

In this video he states, "We're checking their cell phones, we're checking their social media places. We're looking at every possible option."

I guess it's all in how you look at these things. How much weight you give them. Each of us have to draw our own conclusions.

Mine is firmly this was not a random murder.

These girls were targeted and never had a chance...

If that happened wouldn't it be easier to track down the perp electronically via tower dump info and identifying phones in the area?

I wish that were true! It would be too IF the perp had a phone that could be identified. However, if he used a burner phone which requires no identifying information, then tower dumps wouldn't be much help.

Plus, even if LE did locate a burner phone number, the phone itself was likely long ago discarded. Those phones are cheap.

The poster, 'Falling Down' has contributed a tremendous amount of information too about all the many varied ways, (Skype calls, etc.) that the perp could have easily evaded detection.

Not that I understand much of what he and the other tech-savvy people say. (I'm last in line in all that.) It's obvious they know what they are talking about.

Technology is a double-edged sword...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members