IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian McCarthy, 39 was apparently pulled over for a registration violation. He must have been hiding something to shoot a police officer. Why do so many of these mug shots look like BG.?

Well, many people have said that BG appears to look like every other Midwestern man they see.

Well, many people have said that BG appears to look like every other Midwestern man they see.

I think they mean he s dressed like every Midwestern man they see. Remember all we had were clothes and a blurry face... jmo

I agree he appears similar, but didn't LE say he definitely doesn't have blue eyes?

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk
This is the first pic anyone has brought that I said WOW. Look at the ears. LE should check him out....if they can find him now.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Remember to check your mail boxes. If it is full then some messages must be deleted to receive any new ones. May today be the day!

Has anyone seen this? This guy was brought in for questioning because of a tip on the tip line for Abby and Libby. He was arrested for the murder of his Uncle but not yet charged with anything else.
Looks like the guy in the sketch if he was trying to change his appearance i.e. shaved his hair short and shaved his face.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/08/04/delphi-tip-leads-to-confession-in-decade-old-murder-case/

Yes. I definitely did a double-take when I read it.

I can't shake my feeling that the perp. is/was someone local.

Yep. I probably see so many men that look like the sketch on a daily basis here.

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the murder of Kay Wenal. If not, it is worth checking it out

I bring this up because this is another case where we have a detailed sketch of a potential suspect. Also, in Kay's old loose photos, LE found a mystery man in a couple of them that closely resembles the sketch (you will see them side by side if you Google Kay Wenal) These are crystal clear photos of this man.

To this day, even with a detailed sketch and facial photographs, LE has not identified this potential suspect. I think this is partly because not enough eyeballs have been on this case even though it was featured as a 48hrs Mystery. Similarly, I'm afraid Abby and Libby's story is not getting enough attention. I wish LE would give us something new to draw in more widespread attention . Though I am fixated on this case, most of the people I speak to day to day have no knowledge of it.

Lastly, a previous poster questioned how a sketch could be so reliably detailed. I know there are many comical sketch-mugshot comparisons online but there are also those that are quite good matches, such as those in the Kay Wenal case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure many of you are familiar with the murder of Kay Wenal. If not, it is worth checking it out

I bring this up because this is another case where we have a detailed sketch of a potential suspect. Also, in Kay's old loose photos, LE found a mystery man in a couple of them that closely resembles the sketch (you will see them side by side if you Google Kay Wenal) These are crystal clear photos of this man.

To this day, even with a detailed sketch and facial photographs, LE has not identified this potential suspect. I think this is partly because not enough eyeballs have been on this case even though it was featured as a 48hrs Mystery. Similarly, I'm afraid Abby and Libby's story is not getting enough attention. I wish LE would give us something new to draw in more widespread attention . Though I am fixated on this case, most of the people I speak to day to day have no knowledge of it.

Lastly, a previous poster questioned how a sketch could be so reliably detailed. I know there are many comical sketch-mugshot comparisons online but there are also those that are quite good matches, such as those in the Kay Wenal case.

Interesting. Here is the 48 hours link: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/48-hours-solve-this-case-who-killed-kay-wenal/

Yep. I probably see so many men that look like the sketch on a daily basis here.

I feel like we are trapped in Little Red Riding Hood ("My my, what a bulbous nose you have") :( Those poor girls...they must have been terrified...they did indeed meet a wolf in the woods.

("The grandmother lived out in the wood, half a league from the village, and just as Little Red Riding Hood entered the wood, a wolf met her. Little Red Riding Hood did not know what a wicked creature he was, and was not at all afraid of him.

"Good-day, Little Red Riding Hood," said he.

"Thank you kindly, wolf."

"Whither away so early, Little Red Riding Hood?"

"To my grandmother's."

"What have you got in your apron?"

"Cake and wine. Yesterday was baking-day, so poor sick grandmother is to have something good, to make her stronger."

"Where does your grandmother live, Little Red Riding Hood?"

"A good quarter of a league farther on in the wood. Her house stands under the three large oak-trees, the nut-trees are just below. You surely must know it," replied Little Red Riding Hood.

The wolf thought to himself, "What a tender young creature. What a nice plump mouthful, she will be better to eat than the old woman. I must act craftily, so as to catch both." So he walked for a short time by the side of Little Red Riding Hood, and then he said, "see Little Red Riding Hood, how pretty the flowers are about here. Why do you not look round. I believe, too, that you do not hear how sweetly the little birds are singing. You walk gravely along as if you were going to school, while everything else out here in the wood is merry."

http://germanstories.vcu.edu/grimm/redridinghood.html )

(Who decided this was an appropriate childrens' story anyway! )

A lot of people have said that people they talk to don't know about this case. Regarding Kay Wenal, I have not heard of her. IS there a WS thread for it Brain?

rsbm
Agree. I can't even imagine any reason they would keep sure knowledge of additional perps secret, since publicizing that info could only increase their odds of making an arrest. Perhaps they cannot completely rule a second participant ( for example someone not at the scene who had some involvement) out and are being conservative in their language.

Well stated. I lean toward this, that they're being conservative in their language saying they can't rule it out, but don't necessarily believe it to be the case, jmo. I don't interpret any of their quotes to be direct or indirect allusions to confirmation of more than one perp, moo. But anything is certainly possible.

Yes. I definitely did a double-take when I read it.

I can't shake my feeling that the perp. is/was someone local.

I think most of us do think the perp has had some prior personal connection/experience with this area whether it be via work, relative, residence, hunting, fishing, etc, etc...but just let's say he randomly found/chose this place (which I do not think is the case)...are there signs on the highway that advertise for this place, say "hiking and fishing, trails ahead..."? If he's a trucker for instance, could he have passed a sign and said "hmmmm, this might be a good place to pull over and prowl?" Just a thought, I doubt this scenario but bringing it to the table anway...the fact that he led them to a private property, as well as was comfortable on the bridge also lends me away from such a "spontaneous" choice of location. And Foxfire used to say there's a reason for everything these types of nut jobs do, planning, hunting, surveilling....

Eta: are there any touristy type visitor brochures for this location, say at nearby truckstops or motel lobbies?

Another question, IF there was no evidence of sexual assault, do you guys think LE would be more likely to state this than if there WAS evidence of sexual assault? And if so, why? Tia. In other words, could the fact they are not publicly dismissing this possibly allude to the fact that this did occur?

I feel like we are trapped in Little Red Riding Hood ("My my, what a bulbous nose you have") :( Those poor girls...they must have been terrified...they did indeed meet a wolf in the woods.

("The grandmother lived out in the wood, half a league from the village, and just as Little Red Riding Hood entered the wood, a wolf met her. Little Red Riding Hood did not know what a wicked creature he was, and was not at all afraid of him.

"Good-day, Little Red Riding Hood," said he.

"Thank you kindly, wolf."

"Whither away so early, Little Red Riding Hood?"

"To my grandmother's."

"What have you got in your apron?"

"Cake and wine. Yesterday was baking-day, so poor sick grandmother is to have something good, to make her stronger."

"Where does your grandmother live, Little Red Riding Hood?"

"A good quarter of a league farther on in the wood. Her house stands under the three large oak-trees, the nut-trees are just below. You surely must know it," replied Little Red Riding Hood.

The wolf thought to himself, "What a tender young creature. What a nice plump mouthful, she will be better to eat than the old woman. I must act craftily, so as to catch both." So he walked for a short time by the side of Little Red Riding Hood, and then he said, "see Little Red Riding Hood, how pretty the flowers are about here. Why do you not look round. I believe, too, that you do not hear how sweetly the little birds are singing. You walk gravely along as if you were going to school, while everything else out here in the wood is merry."

http://germanstories.vcu.edu/grimm/redridinghood.html )

(Who decided this was an appropriate childrens' story anyway! )

RBBM

Absolutely! Grimms' Fairy Tales?! Yikes, 'tis the stuff of nightmares!

Sorry, OT comment, but I was pondering this exact same subject today.

A lot of people have said that people they talk to don't know about this case. Regarding Kay Wenal, I have not heard of her. IS there a WS thread for it Brain?

I couldn't find a Kay Wenal thread on WS. I just remember the 48hrs mystery I saw a year or so ago. These cases with photographs or video (Missy Bevers) really have an eerie quality to them. They stick with me

I think most of us do think the perp has had some prior personal connection/experience with this area whether it be via work, relative, residence, hunting, fishing, etc, etc...but just let's say he randomly found/chose this place (which I do not think is the case)...are there signs on the highway that advertise for this place, say "hiking and fishing, trails ahead..."? If he's a trucker for instance, could he have passed a sign and said "hmmmm, this might be a good place to pull over and prowl?" Just a thought, I doubt this scenario but bringing it to the table anway...the fact that he led them to a private property, as well as was comfortable on the bridge also lends me away from such a "spontaneous" choice of location. And Foxfire used to say there's a reason for everything these types of nut jobs do, planning, hunting, surveilling....

Eta: are there any touristy type visitor brochures for this location, say at nearby truckstops or motel lobbies?

I don't know if the "private property" was even in his sights. Are there any markings for property lines showing at the creek? I would have assumed it was just buffered land all along the creek.

Way back at the beginning of this case, when I saw that the bridge end passed over a dirt road (driveway we later found out), it looked like a perfect way to get down to the creek out of view from the bridge. Then he apparently crossed over a narrow spot that had some sandbars in the creek to where the girls were discovered. I don't think he paid any attention at all to who may have owned the property, just that it was secluded for his purpose.

Probably posted before, but here are a lot of neat pictures and comments of the bridge. There are a lot of people familiar with the bridge for all kinds of reasons.

http://bridgehunter.com/in/carroll/high/

Good line of thinking.

If you map out how this apparently played out (girls are on the South side of the bridge, basically TRAPPED, and he takes them down the hill... I think he knew this place like the back of his hand. You would never venture such a place thinking there might be a house down there, etc.

This guy knew his way around... either from childhood/teenager or from field trips there previously a long time ago. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member