IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or got a taste for killing when he murdered his uncle and got away with it.

More tv coverage 20 20- 48 hours etc...people in my area don't seem to know about this case. Less Trump golfing news and let's get down to newspapers and People mag. running pictures of this man.....let's not let the case get cold for lack of coverage.

My feelings exactly. Though a murderer is not going to be deterred by "Private Property" signs, his knowledge of creek depth, his willingness and ability to go off the trails, and his possible knowledge of the short cut trail from the cemetery to the creek all demonstrate local knowledge.

I also like your point that the apparent local knowledge does not have to be present. Rather, it could have been obtained in the past. If this crime was random (victims were chosen as targets of opportunity by a predator pre-disposed to commit a terrible crime), my bet is that the police have investigated all current local creepy types, the violently mentally ill, and other current "bad news" criminally inclined locals.

I think the police need to interview long term locals for any distinct memories of past residents, perhaps even as former local area middle schooler or high schoolers, who were known locally to be "bad news", but whose paper records did not totally reflect how bad news they really were. These bad news former locals could be people who as youth were infatuated with mafia hit men, narco lords, serial killers, cruelty to animals, sexually abusive, or had other forms of very deep seated criminality that was not reflected in their official records.

Basically, the only way to solve this case might be using long term local knowledge against a one time local perpetrator.

That all makes sense. Though in a town that size LE should have had a chance to comb through the likely ones. I would think?

This creek business gives me a possible wade fishing / duck hunting vibe (in addition to deer hunting). Moo.

My feelings exactly. Though a murderer is not going to be deterred by "Private Property" signs, his knowledge of creek depth, his willingness and ability to go off the trails, and his possible knowledge of the short cut trail from the cemetery to the creek all demonstrate local knowledge.

I also like your point that the apparent local knowledge does not have to be present. Rather, it could have been obtained in the past. If this crime was random (victims were chosen as targets of opportunity by a predator pre-disposed to commit a terrible crime), my bet is that the police have investigated all current local creepy types, the violently mentally ill, and other current "bad news" criminally inclined locals.

I think the police need to interview long term locals for any distinct memories of past residents, perhaps even as former local area middle schooler or high schoolers, who were known locally to be "bad news", but whose paper records did not totally reflect how bad news they really were. These bad news former locals could be people who as youth were infatuated with mafia hit men, narco lords, serial killers, cruelty to animals, sexually abusive, or had other forms of very deep seated criminality that was not reflected in their official records.

Basically, the only way to solve this case might be using long term local knowledge against a one time local perpetrator.

RBBM

This^^^^.

Expounding on this, if I may, I wonder if he has ties to others who intimidate, bully, beat up and possibly kill anyone who gets in their way. In other words, it's well known in Delphi (and perhaps surrounding communities) that local don't mess with certain people because they may come to an unfortunate end. I'm not necessarily thinking narcotics, but nasty people in general. Seems there are always a few bullying types around.

Were there possible witnesses who were afraid to speak up?

Apologies if this has been covered before, but just throwing this out there.

JMVHO.

I've wondered two things lately. First, what physical/trace evidence, if any, LE might have recovered from the crime scene aside from DNA. Fingerprints? Bullet casings? Shoe impressions that might be helpful? Fibers? Tire tracks?

<modsnip>

Sometimes I wonder if the killer is hiding in plain sight. Could he be a reputable person in the community who disguised himself? He may not even look like the sketch. That may explain why nobody has stepped forward to identify this guy. None of his colleagues/neighbors/friends/family would ever believe it's possible he is a killer. Everyone is looking for a "creepy" guy. I do believe he's local. Just my opinion.

I suspect that if there was no sexual assault - I don't believe there was - that LE would not only not come out and state that but rather would do everything they could to hint that they had the DNA. That way, were LE to have someone they were questioning they could ask for a DNA sample and if the person being questioned refused then LE may have something to work with to pursue further. Bluffing only works with a certain level of criminal. I think we are dealing with a killer (or killers) that are on the higher end and thus bluffing will not be helpful to LE. The killer (or killers) certainly know what they did or did not do and are likely well aware of any bluffs (or worse, guesses) by LE. My gut is telling me that if LE does make an arrest in this case we will be looking at someone that, at most, has moving violations or a parking ticket or two in their background. I could always be wrong about this.

Oh, my. This was unexpected. Two young girls are abducted and murdered, possibly by more than one perp, but you do not think SA was involved even though your theory includes the girls being Taken away and returned later. So, what was the purpose? The thrill of a killing? BG, or the killers, could have attacked most anyone in any given way that day but two young girls were chosen although not for a sexual motive?

:thinking:

I suspect that if there was no sexual assault - I don't believe there was - that LE would not only not come out and state that but rather would do everything they could to hint that they had the DNA. That way, were LE to have someone they were questioning they could ask for a DNA sample and if the person being questioned refused then LE may have something to work with to pursue further. Bluffing only works with a certain level of criminal. I think we are dealing with a killer (or killers) that are on the higher end and thus bluffing will not be helpful to LE. The killer (or killers) certainly know what they did or did not do and are likely well aware of any bluffs (or worse, guesses) by LE. My gut is telling me that if LE does make an arrest in this case we will be looking at someone that, at most, has moving violations or a parking ticket or two in their background. I could always be wrong about this.

No SA? I'm stunned for some reason that you think this...I respect all opinions and ideas though!!

ETA: I think oppositely, that he's possibly even a sadist based on a profiling article I recently read and posted about, although it was from 2003.

Has the case of April Marie Tinsley been brought up? The perp in that case is one sick sick individual as is this one. Fort Wayne, IN is approximately 2 hours from Fort Wayne and right down Route 24.

http://truecrimeguy.com/april-marie-tinsley/

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/05...d-police-receive-series-of-disturbing-taunts/

Yes that's been brought up, and good grief it's disturbing. I've driven by that small neighborhood in urban Fort Wayne many times since moving to the area, and to find out through WS this horrible crime happened, and has not been solved, is disturbing to say the least.

I can picture the small neighborhood where this happened, having driven by there on busier streets. Goes to show how quickly something like that can happen, in a densely populated area.

Yes that's been brought up, and good grief it's disturbing. I've driven by that small neighborhood in urban Fort Wayne many times since moving to the area, and to find out through WS this horrible crime happened, and has not been solved, is disturbing to say the least.

I can picture the small neighborhood where this happened, having driven by there on busier streets. Goes to show how quickly something like that can happen, in a densely populated area.

(Marking this post)

Sometimes I wonder if the killer is hiding in plain sight. Could he be a reputable person in the community who disguised himself? He may not even look like the sketch. That may explain why nobody has stepped forward to identify this guy. None of his colleagues/neighbors/friends/family would ever believe it's possible he is a killer. Everyone is looking for a "creepy" guy. I do believe he's local. Just my opinion.

You guys are going to kill me...I even wondered if could he be crossdressing lol....

As I was sleuthing I came across another story of a guy who was wanted by the Indiana State Police and the FBI. (The guy is in LE custody as of 1/12/17, so he can't possibly be the perp.)

Interesting enough the FBI caught the guy using facial recognition software 17 years later. His face matched a passport of a guy in Oregon.

What I loved about reading the story...

[FONT=&]"You can run you can try to hide, but no matter how much time-- but no matter how much time passes, if you commit a crime against a child in the Southern District of Indiana, federal law enforcement will send the cavalry," Minkler said at Friday's press conference. "We will hunt you down. We will find you. We will bring you to court to face justice."

I love the dedication of LE to never give up and they won't on this case either.
[/FONT]

So, even if this guy isn't caught today, tomorrow, this month, this year. He WILL eventually be caught. It's just a matter of time. I pray he is caught sooner rather than later.

http://www.wthr.com/article/indiana-child-molestation-suspect-arrested-18-years-after-the-crime

This is great and gives me hope. And with advancements to come in technology... (facial recognition, etc)

No SA? I'm stunned for some reason that you think this...I respect all opinions and ideas though!!

ETA: I think oppositely, that he's possibly even a sadist based on a profiling article I recently read and posted about, although it was from 2003.
Would you say it is normal for LE to neither confirm nor deny SA and if so,why? I don't see the hold back in LE answering that question.Just trying to get a read on exactly why LE doesn't reveal anything.I'm no big sleuther but it seems there's a difference between holding info close to the vest as they like to say,and holding it so close that what info they do have becomes useless to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname