IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
“"Our charges would be as it relates between the menacing complaints that we’ve had and the evidence that was found in his vehicle,” Jacque Kirby of the El Paso County Sheriff's Office said.

Following Nations' arrest, El Paso County received a tip that his* mugshot looks similar to the sketch of a man in Indiana wanted for the murder of two teenage girls. They were killed while hiking on a remote trail in Delphi."

http://kdvr.com/2017/09/28/man-accu...-a-hatchet-might-be-linked-to-recent-murders/

"Investigators in El Paso County said they are still working both cases and expect Nations could be charged as early as Friday in the menacing case.* As for the murder of Watkins, investigators are still going through evidence and working the case.

“It's a unique set of circumstance and coincidences but we don’t have the luxury of speculating as law enforcement, we have to go where the evidence takes us and we have to have probable cause for any charge that we charge them with,” Kirby said."

http://kdvr.com/2017/09/28/man-accu...-a-hatchet-might-be-linked-to-recent-murders/

[video=twitter;913855495886262272]https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/913855495886262272[/video]

[FONT=&quot]Person of interest in [/FONT]#Delphi[FONT=&quot] murders *was in Morgan County the day after Abby & Libby were murdered. That's a 1.5 hour drive from Delphi.[/FONT]

I read the article, and listened to her, and then the reporters interpretation.

Her words on camera in the video: "Once I saw that on the news, I took the hat off of him, the way I knew him, and I was working with him and everything, it resembles him a lot. And then I took headphones......."

Her words in article: "When asked if she thought Nations could be the one responsible for the Delphi murders she said, "Once I saw that on the news last night, I pulled up the picture and took the hat off of him and the way I knew him when I was working with him, it resembles him a lot. I then put on head phones and listened to the voice of down the hill and to me it could very well be him."

The owner also said a few other things that are interesting: Daniel would always wear a hat, he loved being in the woods, and finally, the last they heard, Nations was in Zionsville working for a construction company."

Reporters words on camera in the video: "he would always wear a hat, just like the picture in the police sketch"

My interpretation, is that the guy would always wear a hat, but nowhere did she state that it was similar to the one in the sketch. IMO, I don't get that it was a similar hat at all, only that he would possibly wear a hat... and that the picture in the police sketch had a hat and that in of itself was similar, not that it was a similar hat.

Note her words... "I took the hat off him" ... to realize it could be him (if same hat, why would she need to mentally take hat off first iykwim)

:moo: :cow:

Are we allowed to post the searcher's picture of DN's red car in CO showing him wearing a camo hat with ear flaps?

“"Our charges would be as it relates between the menacing complaints that we’ve had and the evidence that was found in his vehicle,” Jacque Kirby of the El Paso County Sheriff's Office said.

Following Nations' arrest, El Paso County received a tip that his* mugshot looks similar to the sketch of a man in Indiana wanted for the murder of two teenage girls. They were killed while hiking on a remote trail in Delphi."

BBM

Sounds like the original tip was made to the county, not the FBI. moo

There was a concern for the child/children. In 2012, in Florida, there was a temporary child custody filing by, who I believe is, KN's mother against KN.

Welcome voodoo71. :)

:welcome3:

Wasnt this tip called in by one of our new members? Daevy or something similar? If it turns out to be him then I hope they get the reward money.

Hmmm. So I am back to believing that LE has no DNA from the crime scene where Abby and Libby were killed. That makes this case so very difficult. This article raises all kinds of questions for me. So, clearly finding DN's DNA on the trail is significant and places him near the crime, but it can't tell LE when he was there, or even prove he was the murderer ( thinking about a possible trial) I can only assume that witnesses that day reported someone fitting BG's description camping near the trail and when they came up with no DNA at the crime scene they found the current sample on the trail they will compare with DN. Theoretically, the killer of Abby and Libby might not even be the man witnesses saw camping and if not has LE been clearing RSO's based on DNA found away from the murder site? I understand they have to go on what they have available, but to me that means that whomever this turns out to be will have a mostly circumstantial case against them. I am back to that hatchet, it may turn out to be better evidence than DNA found a 15-20 minute walk away from the crime scene, if they can match the blade to injuries...All of this is MOO.

So, if he (separated) or they were camping, how did LE not find any evidence of them being there? Maybe they did, and we don't know about it. Maybe this is why they initially hinted at a drifter.

Thought/question, if he just snapped, after exposing himself or whatever, why did he take the time to march them down the hill instead of just shooting/killing them right there?

Gruesome/warning...but if he is guilty of killing the girls, and IF he used a gun...it would at least be the quickest method :( any other method would likely be more excruciating, terrifying and up close to whatever monster did this. But it is horrifying to think of, in any event...

Thought/question, if he just snapped, after exposing himself or whatever, why did he take the time to march them down the hill instead of just shooting/killing them right there?

I don't think he snapped at all. Sex offenders are always on the prowl looking for the right opportunity to strike. He felt he could do it then since the two young girls were alone with no one else around at the time. I think he was cool. calm and collected. He knew to keep it low key and get them off the bridge and into the woods out of sight.

I think he had pre-planned this in his twisted mind many times over and over again before he struck.

Are we allowed to post the searcher's picture of DN's red car in CO showing him wearing a camo hat with ear flaps?

At this time, we are not allowing pics of DJN or side-by-sides but links to MSM pics / articles are allowed.

Side-by-side comparisons to the composite are not allowed as they are alterations of the sketch that LE put out in this case.

Pics of DJN are not being allowed because Colorado LE had specifically indicated they did not want pics circulated and Indiana LE had asked Colorado not to release any more info about the investigation. (Just a guess, but presumably so as not to influence potential witnesses in identifying the perp in Abby and Libby's case.) As stated before, MSM can choose to disregard that request, but at this time, Websleuths is choosing to honor it. If that changes, we will let you know.

HTH :)

I don't know why people just assume he "snapped", this was a carefully planned murder regardless of what you think of Daniel Nations.

I woukd for sure think so! Being a registered sex offender would be a no go, I think. And it looks like my guess was right. This article says he was dishonorably discharged

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36479071/daniel-nations

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

........ and when she listened to DTH , she said it could very well be him

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

Great question.

I haven't figured out where he was in the summer, but from 10/2011-at least 3/2012, he was in SC.

ETA - as far as his residence goes, he was in SC.

Hmmm. So I am back to believing that LE has no DNA from the crime scene where Abby and Libby were killed. That makes this case so very difficult. This article raises all kinds of questions for me. So, clearly finding DN's DNA on the trail is significant and places him near the crime, but it can't tell LE when he was there, or even prove he was the murderer ( thinking about a possible trial) I can only assume that witnesses that day reported someone fitting BG's description camping near the trail and when they came up with no DNA at the crime scene they found the current sample on the trail they will compare with DN. Theoretically, the killer of Abby and Libby might not even be the man witnesses saw camping and if not has LE been clearing RSO's based on DNA found away from the murder site? I understand they have to go on what they have available, but to me that means that whomever this turns out to be will have a mostly circumstantial case against them. I am back to that hatchet, it may turn out to be better evidence than DNA found a 15-20 minute walk away from the crime scene, if they can match the blade to injuries...All of this is MOO.

My interpretation of this is that the girls were not found on the trail nor on the bridge so if there was DNA on the scene it would be as stated. " DNA found near the Monon High Bridge Trail, where Libby German and Abby Williams were found"
So they have DNA from where the girls were found. That is how I read it.

Another point to note is that they could have DNA from the trail area to compare as stated, but it might not necessarily be BG's (for example someone else's cigarette butt). Interesting they clearly didn't say DNA recovered from their bodies.

This is kind of thing I was referring to when I said they'd have to address this DNA thing:

Looks like they do have DNA evidence according to this news article that's just been released.

Indiana State Police are saying that DNA evidence on DN could give them answers in the next two days..

"Holeman said part of their investigation will include comparing DN's DNA to the DNA found near the Monan High Bridge Trail, where Libby German and Abby Williams were found."

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36481251/...d-give-them-answers-on-daniel-nations-in-days

LE said the girls' murder was heinous (not their exact words), and you could feel the pain in the officers' faces. If DN did kill them, I think we will find that the ax was his weapon of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74