IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video]http://www.wthr.com/article/state-police-arrive-in-colorado-to-interview-person-of-interest-in-delphi-case[/video]

Delphi Investigators flew all the way to Colorado just to interview this man, that speaks alot IMO. To travel several states to interview someone means they really believe this is a higher priority suspect. I think they know Daniel Nations is BG.

If I remember correctly someone posted an article a little ways back that said the FBI in CO was going to interview DN, and if credible, Indiana would send LE to Colorado to conduct an interview? If so and they sent officers down, that says something to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: TW for reference:

Thanks, one of last night's articles said the 13th, but I think the 14th looks like the right date.

(Now that's an eerie coincidence in itself, considering all the discussions here about the 13th vs 14th in the girls'case, hopefully resolved and in need of no further discussion...anyway, irrelevant, coincidence, just saying weird dejavu).

Alexis McAdams
Alexis McAdams @AlexisMcAdamsTV

Person of interest in #Delphi murders *was in Morgan County the day after Abby & Libby were murdered. That's a 1.5 hour drive from Delphi.

45 second video here says Nations was homeless and living under a bridge on February 14th. God. He must have thought he was establishing his alibi by checking in. By all accounts he DID - somewhat! ! Grrrrrr.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/913855495886262272

So he would have had to make it back down to Bloomington somehow. Didn't the police ask in that initial PC for people to report if they saw a hitchhiker?

Eh, I don't see how that would be some kind of flag. I mean, if someone gets murdered in a forest and the perp makes any effort to bury them, it's gonna be with leaves and twigs. Just doesn't seem "uncommon" enough. Not like a hatchet. JMO.
Good point. What interests me is that there was an effort to conceal the body, however crude. To buy time to flee the area before the body was discovered? I’d think so. Does it make sense that DN would shoot this man and then hang around the area, calling attention to himself with the hatchet threats? Not to me.

I heard that someone from this group sent a tip of DN or BG to the Colorado police that got the ball rolling. Is this true? If so that's awesome!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Regarding my question to WSs about was the hatchet fashioned from a saw: I remember recently reading that a hatchet/saw was fished from a creek very near to where David(?) Grubbs was nearly decapitated in Ashland, OR in 2011. I thought I had also read that DN's hatchet was made from a saw....... but my memory banks are eroding so was looking for back-ups.

I may be missing something here. I believe the pic was taken in the home he was evicted from. Wasn't that long before Feb 13th? Do you think he went back to the home owners and asked for his jacket?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think the thought here is trying to show if he could have owned such a jacket previews to the murders.

So he would have had to make it back down to Bloomington somehow. Didn't the police ask in that initial PC for people to report if they saw a hitchhiker?

9888f6110de456609e0b0b89b75d05fb.png

This is a map of the rail roads. I wonder if he hitched rides on trains?

At this time, we are not allowing pics of DJN or side-by-sides but links to MSM pics / articles are allowed.

Side-by-sides are basically alterations of the sketch that LE put out in this case.

Pics of DJN are not being allowed because Indiana LE had specifically indicated they did not want pics circulated. (Just a guess, but presumably so as not to influence potential witnesses in identifying the perp in Abby and Libby's case.) As stated before, MSM can choose to disregard that request, but at this time, Websleuths is choosing to honor it. If that changes, we will let you know.

HTH :)

Sorry SB, I didn’t know. Haven’t had chance to keep up as usual.

Apologies!

What's going on there? He didn't appear to walk with a bad leg in the Colorado jail video so has he got something under his jeans in that pic, because it is distorted!
See he his right leg @ 1:19 in video
between calf and ankle as he ís entering the SUV
distorted

Also significant in this news report the interviewee states "I took headphones and listened to the voice of the '..down the hill..' to me it could very well be him"...wow

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36479071/daniel-nations

Good point. What interests me is that there was an effort to conceal the body, however crude. To buy time to flee the area before the body was discovered? I’d think so. Does it make sense that DN would shoot this man and then hang around the area, calling attention to himself with the hatchet threats? Not to me.

I'm not really sure we can expect someone who threatens random folks with a hatchet to make any sense at all.

Regarding my question to WSs about was the hatchet fashioned from a saw: I remember recently reading that a hatchet/saw was fished from a creek very near to where David(?) Grubbs was nearly decapitated in Ashland, OR in 2011. I thought I had also read that DN's hatchet was made from a saw....... but my memory banks are eroding so was looking for back-ups.

Ah...yes, that's what it was with regard to (Grubbs). That's an unsolved murder, right?

Morgan county isn't Bloomington - that's Monroe County. Morgan county seat is Martinsville, I think?

Despite being estranged from his only living (elderly) relative, we know that at minimum DN has FB friends, at least one ex-employer, military peers, etc. How did not one of them call him in as the man in the pictures and sketch for the Delphi murders? Granted, not everyone in the country knows about the crimes but surely, there are a fair number of people in his past/present that are aware. Does he present "IRL" that much differently than what we see in the pics/sketch, I wonder?

Great question.

the police did at one time say the voice audio wasn't necessarily BGs.
This implys that the possibility of more than one assailant was on the police radar.
I think it was BG's voice
And the couple seen that day were him and his wife.

Re the couple, I could've sworn they came came forward and talked to LE...(msm?) I also guessed that if not solely parabon/snapshot, these were the people LE might have been referring to as witnesses for the sketch.

It would be interesting to know if DN had any visible injuries to his hands or face when he appeared in Morgan Cty for his weekly check on 2/14 (the day Abby and Libby were found).
61d919fa69ef5820ae8ce59d15716ee3.png

I think the authorities would have a pretty good idea if this is the guy witnesses (the ones consulted of the sketch) saw on Feb. 13. DNA will help prove the case. But witnesses saying, "yeah, that's him, that's the guy we saw" would let them know if they are on the right guy.

This is not aimed at anyone in particular.

I just want to say in regards to recognising someone from a sketch or even audio that is if you even see it. As a child up until 10 years old my family lived next door to a serial killer, he had a beautiful loving family he acted like a great Dad and family man. My parents considered him a friend as did most people in our neighbourhood. We ate meals there, swam in their pool, he and his wife babysat us we played with the kids, bbq'd, did Birthdays even watched their home while they were on holiday.

This entire time this great, nice and lovely man was killing people and ditching their bodies in the woods on a monthly basis. There were sketches of him the FBI had released, we all had seen the sketch and none of us not once suspected our friend! Nor did his wife or children. He was prolific and when he finally was caught NONE of us believed it until fact after fact after DNA proved otherwise.

By the way he is now in prison for life on numerous counts.

My point being is people don't ever want to think the worst of people they know, be it friends or family or even an employer. If someone came to you today and said hey I think your best friend is a murderer would you even consider it a possibility? If a sketch had some similarities to your beloved Uncle would you start to question? Your brother who has a drug problem but you know isn't capable?

Please remember that their are humans out there who actually love, loved, monsters and monsters don't wear signs.

Wooooooowwwww holy cow, thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member